Can you have a realistic emotional relationship with a Human and a robot ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Jan 23, 2012.

1. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I think he is referring to the people who do seem to have no problems envisioning and describing (in minute detail) robo-sex.

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I was saying, but more than others to the people who are actually aroused by it, which do sadly exist...

3. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

4. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

For some reason, that reminds me the Robo-prostitutes from the "A.I Artificial Intelligence" film.

5. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Any sentient beings can have a relationship.

6. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I have no problem with it, but at the same time I don't acknowledge, nor care for it happening. Is that still wrong, or is it just someone's opinion so no one has to care?

This. Any sentient beings of different species can have a relationship--no sexual aspects required.

End of story. Nail in the coffin. We're done. Close thread.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    What this man said! :thumb 

8. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Exactly, sexual love is not the only "love" one can feel. Someone please close this thread. It's going to start scarring people for life!

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

I say transformers and humans can have a realistic emotional relationship...

I can't believe I typed that.

Anyway, the way I see it. The Transformers can pretty much turn into any form they chose. But still they revert to human biped (sometimes animal) forms. Their emotions are also very similar anyway.

Well as far as the stories go.

11. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Yes, I do. Unfortunately, for every person who thinks that a realistic human/TF relation could work if done right, there will be 30 slash-fic writers and even more people screaming "ZMOG KISS PLAYERS! TRANSFORMERS IS RUINED FOREVER AGAIN!"

This is your first time on the Internet, isn't it?
    You'll find all sorts of messed-up things on here. :D 

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it can happen, but I'd rather have it OUTSIDE of TF. Go watch Bicentennial Man or something.

13. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I refered that movie too. When I read "realistic emotional relationship" the first thing I though was "romance", not "sex".
    And like kaijuguy19 said, Belle and the Beast, or Eliza and Goliat from Gargoyles are good examples of how develop romance between members of diferent sentient species in a credible, beautiful way instead of disturbing.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Why exclude Transformers out of it? If anything it develops the TF characters futher and make the TF be more human like instead of just war machines destined for war and nothing more. Isn't the human like quailtys was what made us love them in the first place as children?

Has anyone forgotten the emotinal love that went between Alexix and Starscream from Armada? Sari and the Autobots form Animated,and Sam with his close friendship with Bumblebee from the movies? Those are sigsn fo true love and friendship and that's not really desturbing at all! In fact thye were praised for it.

If people can stop and think for a minute and think about the emotional love between humans and TFs and not think about it in the sick slash/sex fiction that gave it a bad name people can really see that in essence TFs and humans aren't that really different when it comes to loving and careing for ach other. I hope that didn't saound too sappy.

Like I said again,Relationships like that happend in Gargolyes and yet people don't seem to have a problem with it so why should TF be any different now?

15. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Thank you for this open-minded view of the concept. I truly wish more people would think of it this way instead of blowing it out of proportion.

16. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    It's like you dove into my mind and ripped these thoughts out. I agree with all of this, and as Alexa said, it's nice to see some open-minded-ness heh. Emotional relationships don't always mean lewd things and it gives the character more life imo.

17. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

QFT buddy :thumb 

18. robodog

robodog Fur, Fangs and Steel

It's very possible for a human and a robot to develop an emotional bond. Such a bond would make for an interesting story. Of course this can be taken too far. When you start talking about human/robot sex it kind of crosses a line. It's not something I'm interested in seeing or reading about.

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    You're welcome!:thumb  I agree too. Yes it's understandable about how some people can get nervous at the thought from their experences from the fan art/fiction they have read online, but they need to also remember the other side of the idea.The one that's intresting,smart,and beautiful to think about.

If people think about it Arcee's really the only real girl in Jack's life when compired to the likes of Seirra and Miko because she's not only mature like Jack but also shows the same type for consideration and care that he has. The same idea goes to Alexis and Starscream from Armada too.

We should stop and really think about the things Humans and Transformers have in common in their hearts,minds and souls,not by the pyshical actions because when it comes to love and care Transformers aren't that different at all. So I'm really looking foward to seeing how the bond between Arcee and Jack develops despite the writrs said not showing any love.

20. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Damndest thing that epp seems to have all this dust that came with it.