Can weMove the uk release date again

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by davidargile, Jun 20, 2014.

1. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well with England practically out of the World Cup after last nights performance. We need a miracle the size of unicron proportions to qualify. Lets not mess about and get the uk release in line with America and Canada.

2. spmack

spmack Well-Known Member

+ 1

I was beyond pissed off they moved it in the first place. I doubt the world cup would have effected ticket sales that much due to when most of the games are on, but now that we're out it seems even more pointless.

3. Natohk

Natohk Quintesson

You guys are lucky for getting the movie only a few days after the US release.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, considering other countries have it delayed longer. However the delay is going to hurt the movie sales massively - for example I have no reason to watch in cinema as it'll be online in good quality before its out near me.

Seeing as the football was practically the only reason for the delay in the UK and that If the UK do go out of the World Cup - then the film will have been delayed their for nothing.

5. Dinobot Scorn

Dinobot Scorn Banned

THIS! SO MUCH THIS!!!

i hope they move the date to the end of june!!! (around my bday lol)

6. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

why do that. i hate it when people watch pirated films!

7. davidargile

News Credits:
    I know some countries will have a bigger delay than the uk I agree with that and we are lucky in that respect. I think though a cinema experience can be really better than a good online copy anyday. So I will defiantly watch it in the cinema but will watch it online afterwards as it could be the closet thing to a DVD release and I can watch in bed nice and relaxed. So if you do know of a good copy online Can u give me a pm with the link :wink: :popcorn  lol

8. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Near me its released a week later - if I go see it in the cinema due to the 'push back' then it'd mean being forced into the associating with the 'annoyed' young teenagers world cup fans - which the marketing team believe is its main audience.

I normally check out a film online before watching anyway as I don't have a ton of money to spend on every film - so cheaper and more comfortable for me to watch it at home.

If Transformers;AOE is good enough then I will end up seeing in in cinema's as my way of contributing to good movies - however I don't enjoy the idea of being in a film that has the potential to be a massive disappointment for almost 3 hours. Though I understand that some people have more restraint than I do.

9. Scorpio

News Credits:
    True, just want to avoid funding the bad films. If it is a good film then the cinema will probably be my next stop.

Shall do so now to a site that has a few cinema films already. Quality is varied though - normally takes 7 days from US release for a good recording to appear on their :3

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Guys, really, chill. REmember in Argentina we have to wait til July 9th. :p  You can wait a few days as wlel. And no, I really dont care about the World Cup. :S Probably one of the fews in my country who actually gets bored with it. :S

11. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    Although it is is frustrating, it won't happen. What about all the people who have already paid for reservations on July 5th weekend, for a start!

I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and stay away from here after June 27th for a bit.

12. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

but if you go to a late screening then the annoying teens wont be there.

13. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Maybe - but then it requires me going to a late screening for almost 3 hours. Regardless of company I've never been the best with long movies in general, though I do see the benefit in a longer Transformers movie I don't fancy sitting their for three hours trying to stay awake :p 

14. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

ah i understand! maybe around 7-8pm would be alright on a school night?

15. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously people, TF1 came out in the US on 3rd July and in the UK much later on 27th July and I don't think that made a huge amount of difference. It's not like AOE is the first film ever to not be released sumiultaneously in every country, it's actually pretty common.

16. davidargile

News Credits:
    I know it won't it was more a little frustration and desperation than anything else i agree it wouldnt be fare to people who have already pre booked and i know july the 5th will soon come

17. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Means waiting until the 7th (Monday) at the earliest... however I might do that. As I said depends on quality of the film.

18. YanderePrime

YanderePrime Autobot

News Credits:
    For those worrying about people pirating the film. piracy doesn't hurt a film quite as much as you think it does.

Most people would rather see the film in theaters or Blu-ray quality rather than recorded via camera.

19. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want to move the date don't complain here, go to the FB page for the movie and complain.

20. davidargile

News Credits:
    your funny :bowdown: