Can we ditch the AllSpark for a while?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by ZombehDino, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Allspark was just fine as a MacGuffin for TF1 to keep the plot simple.

The longer-form television series don't need things to be streamlined as much so there's less of a need. Even Prime didn't introduce it until the very end and it was basically just a plot device to get Optimus out of the picture for half of the movie.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I never ever want to hear the word ever again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I’m with a lot of you on this one. The matrix should not show up unless it’s being passed down. And, as much as I love Prime, I agree that the relics should probably not show up again. For me at least, they worked in Prime, but otherwise they’re never done right imo. Surprisingly, I feel the same way about the StarSaber/Dark Star Saber. Yes I know that I love those swords as much as I love lightsabers, but mythical artifacts like this are usually handled sloppily (I do think the spark extractor was extremely broken in Prime). Just keep the allspark as a metaphorical afterlife, with the matrix being the only mythical object. Although I am a TFP simp, aside from the Starsaber and Dark Star saber, I don’t want to see any of the other mythical objects in tf fiction, and even then I feel like those swords should be introduced near the end for a cool final battle between Optimus and Megatron. That’s my take on it, anyways.

Edit: I think a couple people provided like explanations and stuff, so credit to them for these ideas, I was just stating what I agree with

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was one of my biggest problems about the IDW1 continuity, along with some Autobots were even more monsters than Decepticons, and I still don't get why people like the Quintesson origin. It just screams unoriginality, like we couldn't come up with something interesting so another alien race did it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I mean, the only other major option is that God did it, which isn't exactly original either.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

But robots made by a god is original, however. I can't think of any other series that did that.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    When Sandstorm the vigilante, a guy that we're supposed to be rooting against, is the only one making sense on the reborn Cybertron, then that setting has a problem.

It's definitely not something you see in scifi these days.

• Like Like x 5
  8. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Except the Autobots and the Decepticons had fought over the Creation Matrix very early in the US comics waaaay before Furman came up with Primus in the UK comics
    As i said in the reply above, the Creation Matrix appeared very early in the Marvel Comics, it contained the Primal Program which allowed it's user to give life to empty bodies, it was one of Bob Budiansky first plot devices to introduce new characters as Hasbro demmanded

9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was mealy a program since they were seen as robots.

Everything with Gods and whatnot wouldn't come to be until Furman introduced it.

10. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Point still stands that they fought over a life giving plot device regardless of Furman making everything more mystical later

11. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    The complaint was about the introduction with mystical stuff later. Sure it was used to create some bots by Optimus and Shockwave but it was never the center point of the conflict.

12. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Am I tired of the Allspark after it was used in the 07 movie, Rotf, Animated, Predacons Rising, Cyberverse and now WFC?

tenor.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Cobra Kaitron

I think they should get rid of all the magical/mythical save the day stuff in the series and just have intelligent robots doing their thing. It would be more interesting, and make bad situations harder to get out of. And make the series more real.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SuperSunnyDee

SuperSunnyDee Sense is like cheesecake.

I like the Allspark and all the relics that have been introduced in Transformers. But maybe they could be retired for a while.

I like them the same way I like The Force in Star Wars. Adds some grandiose mysticism to what would be a pretty firm sci-fi series. But it could be good to take a step back and experiment with other things/refrain from making them central to a story.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

Honestly, what the brand really needs is a refresh. No Allspark, no Matrix, little to no G1, etc. If there needs to be plot devices, come up with new ones or at least reinterpret the old ones. Same goes for characters. We need new characters and new interpretations of old ones. The more tired rehashes of old stories we get, the more Transformers tries and fails to find formulas, the more stale the brand becomes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    If they're ever going to use the Allspark again for the love of god at least do something NEW with it. It doesn't have to be some magical all powerful transformer-creating macguffin, it used to be a term that referred to the TF equialent of the afterlife, do something with THAT instead.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    "Allspark" or "The well of Allsparks" was always and will always be a better term than "Afterspark".

• Like Like x 5