Can we ditch the AllSpark for a while?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by ZombehDino, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

The rest of your opinion is totally valid, but this made me laugh :lol  A lot of things are Simon Furman's fault tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

That's because his G1 toy was made by a completely different company.

3. Atharun18999

Atharun18999 Xantium Pilot

I know. It is why I think he should be updated to better fit in with the rest of the cast.

4. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Agreed. I'd just import the Prime version and call it a day, but then again I was never a fan of Sky Linx to begin with.

5. bufferunderrun

bufferunderrun Well-Known Member

Those things where introduced to give Transformers an all around lore before that things popped out of nowhere, devastator being created from nowhere and later retconed into background story with omega supreme, starscreem creating the combacticon by just placing the mind device into vietnam war carcasses and them magically becoming transformers?
    Vector sigma, the all spark and the rest are introduced to retcon those problems unfortunately even the way they are introduced and later used is ******ed.
    Transformers lore need a reboot and a cleanup imho wfc is a good starting point.

6. Atharun18999

The things is, the things they introduced could have a place if they weren't some sort of mystical McGuffin. The AllSpark for instance. basically make it the core of Cybetron and the spark of Primus from which all Sparks are derived. Take things like the enigma, the forge, etc.. out of the equation. Make it so no one controls the all spark. It's the source, not the end if that makes sense. If they want combiners, make it a natural thing like those bots were born at the same time from the same batch and thus were designed to do so. They don't need a magic spiky thing to do that.

• Like Like x 5
  7. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A large part of Sky Lynx's appeal is that he doesn't fit in and looks different. I'd say the same of Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 6
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Exactly. The entire purpose of the character is that he looks weird and is such an egotist and braggart. Redesigning him, or altering his character at all to "fit in" runs contrary to the entire purpose of the character.

Sky Lynx in Beast Hunters was just a name reuse and had nothing to do with the original character. (much like how Dark Steel had nothing to do with the Quickstrike homage from DOTM) If you're gonna put Sky Lynx in something, it's because you want a crazy dragon space shuttle with two robot modes who steals the show with his gallivanting. Otherwise you end up with stuff like the pathetic Netflix version.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bufferunderrun

The all spark was a

Because they are used as patches to fix many past holes and basically are the easy way to introduce or remove a toyline when hasbro feel it.

10. Atharun18999

Never said anything about his personality. He can still be the grandiose Sky Linc, but his design is nothing special IMO. I think people would like him just as much if he had a true bot mode

• Like Like x 2
  11. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We do need fresh ideas in this franchise. If ever needed, we should do away with the AllSpark and replace its MacGuffin role with the Matrix. I also liked the idea of making the Matrix a vessel for the AllSpark's powers. I mean, the ONLY reason the Transformers film didn't feature the Matrix is because they thought people would confuse it for THAT other Matrix film.

Or given his villanous role, merge him with Megatron being frozen in ice. The point would be that both sides seek to get to him first before the other, but for completely different reasons as the Autobots are in the dark about his true colours.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Swerve

Swerve Well-Known Member

Shove the Matrix back to its original concept, and make it a concept which is mystical to Transformers, but not to non-robotic life; a computer program which etches the neural pathways of a sentient robotic brain module. Give it to a select few mechanoids on either side- make 'Rodimus Prime' have his original rank as "Protector", viz. a Transformer who is a guardian and holder of that program, and nothing to do with 'leader', whereas Optimus Prime is the leader, and has nothing to do with the Matrix.

• Like Like x 7
  13. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

They did that in 2005 IDW and it sucked. Instead of Primus they had Rung who dies farting out mass produced Matrices. I don't want to see hardcore atheist nihilist junk like that.

• Like Like x 4
  14. bufferunderrun

originally the matrix was exactly that a database of experiences and knowledge from the past autobot leader, they ruined it with hot road becoming a caravan and using it to fire beam of energy.
    Honestly all those scapegoat originally where not that bad was only when they used it to reset the story that everything got ruined.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    Thank you! I've been thinking the same thing for a long time. It's the same reason why I dislike the Quintesson origin - it feels too empty, too nihilistic.

• Like Like x 6
  16. The Zingos

The Zingos Well-Known Member

Ditch the Allspark and bring back the hunt for these fuckers.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Swerve

Swerve Well-Known Member

'Gods' are a fairly universal device in fantasy fiction for fairly understandable reasons, and since Transformers' psychology is so similar to ours, as social beings, it's entirely understandable for them to have made them up in the same way too, so for them to have religions and gods and demons etc doesn't particularly bother me in the slightest. I never liked the idea of Primus being literally true, back in the day, though, I'd have preferred the divinity aspect to be just something that Unicron made up to Death's Head in order to sound impressive, when basically just describing two rather powerful beings from the infancy of the universe, and how they'd inadvertently survived into the present day. I'd prefer for the actual reality of the Matrix; as a computer program capable of enabling the nano-scale finesse electromagnetic control necessary to sculpt the pathways of a sentient brain module, to be the truth, and 'it's Primus' soul jar, from which he splits off itty-bitty portions of himself as life sparks in order to animate metal-and-circuit golems' to be the primitive fairy story which some Transformers believe and some have outgrown. Again, the 'spark'- fine as a belief held by more mystically inclined Transformers, but, like the soul it's an analogue of, not actually any more objectively real than a metaphor.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    It would be helpful if the Matrix, the Allspark, the Oracle, Vector Sigma, and the 13 could all get together and spit out a Unified Theory of Macguffinology on a single Golden Disc. I mean, Star Trek fandom eventually coalesced around a single Klingon language and Book of Kahless, and look how that's worked out for the fandom.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a few seasons of Transformers TV without having to worry about Sparks go when they die. Is that too much to ask for?

19. Swerve

Swerve Well-Known Member

The trouble is, I suppose, it's a war story, and people die in wars- so if you don't have the afterlife established along with various convenient public transport links back from it, you can't use their characters to sell more toys once they've died.

Black Repaint Optimus with Special Laying Motionless on Slab action (includes blahhing Daniel mini-figure) will only sell so many action figures.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bufferunderrun

the problem is that transformer is a tv show based on a toyline so every time hasbro fart a new version of the same bot they should reset the show and restart it, how many version of optimus prime we have around? that is a common problem with show coming from toys and not the other way around.