Can they make a Transformers film in one year?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Jul 1, 2017.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Bumblebee movie comes out next year, and the following year is TF6. In the past it has taken 3 to 4 years for another TF film to come out. I am wondering how is this possible?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zemah

Zemah Until that day…’til all are one…

News Credits:
    While the delay was about 3 years, the actual time to make the movies (if you don't count writing the script) was about one year each. TLK started filming in May 2016 (I think?) and BB started just now it seems. Because BB will be a smaller movie, I believe the time to complete it will be enough. As for TF6, we don't know if it will be a sequel for TLK (the trailers stated that it was the "Final Chapter"). TF6 may also be a spinoff or a smaller movie, they haven't really confirmed anything yet from what I've heard.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not an issue. Look at how DC has Wonder Woman & Justice League in the same year.

The key is that TLK & Bee are different creative teams.

• Like Like x 3
  4. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I doubt they'll end it at TLK..there is still Quintessa..Unicron..it can't be the end.I'm still going with it being a marketing trick.Really..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pinky Prime

Pinky Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They already have the script ready for the movie, it only takes about a year to film and do post production so they'll be done in plenty of time for the release date in June.
    It's a different crew making Bumblebee and it's a much smaller scale movie than any of the other Transformers movies so they'll hit the release date without much trouble at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zemah

Zemah Until that day…’til all are one…

News Credits:
    That's what I'm hoping also. But still, you never know until they say it themselves...

• Like Like x 1
  7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

we'll see, personally, ive stated many a time im against it as i don't think they can, i think it's too much...these are incredibly heavy cgi films

i hope so though, we need a good tf film in the worst way

8. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well one possibility, is they allow a lot of time pass to give break and regenerate interest for the main movie, while having spin-offs and prequels happen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's not going to be easy and there will be some long days filming and in the editing room, but they can get a movie from filming to printed in one year. Although I would worry a wee bit about the polish on the CGI effects.

I think the reason we had a delay between films before is because the traditional business model from Hollywood was that you needed time between films so that your ticket buyers didn't get burned out. It was also considered more of a draw if people had to wait, a James Bond film every year you might go eh I'll wait for the DVD, but if had been waiting years for the next James Bond adventure you might say the heck with waiting any longer I'm there opening day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone want to guess the length of the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Movie?
    My estimate is 1 hr 30 min.

11. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    2 hours 10 min

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sign

Sign Well-Known Member

2h 4mins, I've noticed there's a pattern in film lengths. 115min, 124min, 132min, 137min, 143min, 154min. Bumblebee sounds like the kind of film to be 124min.

13. theswimmer06

theswimmer06 Well-Known Member

given that it'll be a low budget film and focus on just bee as the protagonist... i say yea

14. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It doesn't actually take 3 years to make the movie. A final draft of the script was probably finished not too long ago and for the past few months they've most likely done location scouting and other pre-production necessities. Filming is happening a couple months later than usual but it's a smaller movie.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Multiple movies at the pipeline at once. You can start pre-production on one well before the last is in theaters. Bumblebee has already had a lot of work done on it.

It takes more than a year to make a big movie, but you can stagger productions running side-by-side.

16. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Yes

17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I suppose if they cut out all/reduce the Decepticons and have a bunch of govenment agents pursue Bee or something, then yes it can work out.

18. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually the delay for both aoe and tlk was for bay to do pain and gain and 13 hours. Bay was doing pre production and interacting with the writers room during post production of 13h.
    As for tlk I think bay actually ran out of time to execute things he wanted. He even said he wanted to keep going editing the movie at the London perimeter

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    he should become an editor.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If Marvel can put out 1-3 films a year and Lucasfilms can put out a SW film per year, then yes Paramonut can put out 1 TF film per year and the script for this movie was written in 2015, so.

and the reason it took 2-3 years for a new tf film to come out before is because Bay had other films to do, if Bay had not done Pain and Gain or if they had hired another director, AOE would've came out in 2013 or if he had not done 13 hours or again if they had hired a new director, TLK would've come out in 2016, if Bay was the director of the Bee film, it would've not came out next year, instead it would've come out in 2019 or 2020, but since they hired a new director this time around, the next movie can come out in 2018.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017