Can these things be changed at the use level?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Crimson87, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Howdy all,
    So, a couple techincal questions for you all. I know everybody doesn't want to do things my way. SO if there is a way to change these things at the user level it would be awesome.

#1. I'm mainly a 3rd party general forum nut. However I took a look over into the movie forum recently and noticed that the Number of Threads being displayed is significantly higher... double or triple.

Is there any way for me to increase the number displayed for myself in the other forums like 3rd Party? I'm commonly missing threads since I mainly just pay attention to the first page which has been updated every 2 to 6 hours. I don't visit often enough to catch all the new threads before they get bumped down to the second or third page.

#2. I've noticed there is a way on the Main News page by clicking on the image icon and strip out all the extra stuff from the first 40 post including the dividers and shrink it just down to just the content. No avatar, no signatures, NO DIVIDING LINEs. just each person speaking with 40 posts worth of comments... which creates a very easy flow to read.

But this only works for the first 40 posts.... then I have to go back to the crappy version with all the extra junk in it to follow the discussion.

I've figured out how to increase posts displayed to 40 and kill avatars and signatures after 40 posts. I need to figure out how to strip out all the dividing/break lines and am not sure where that option is... if it exists.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Movie forum thing was custom coded. It'd have to be done on the back end of the forum software.

News posts are the same, the frontpage is effectively a separate module of the boards software which pulls up the thread data directly and formats it as a part of the connection. What you've got is the closest thing possible since the dividers have all your quote / report etc data built in.