Can the Forge of Solus Revive the Dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by UTF, Oct 20, 2012.

1. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    It strikes me, that if it can, in fact, create anything the wielder chooses, can it repair deceased Transformers, or alternatively, create sparks?

Share your opinions.

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

So long as it has an acceptable raw material, the Forge could easily create replacement parts, or even whole new bodies or repair chambers.

If we take Knock-Out's comment in Operation Bumblebee as truefacts, than the Forge is capable of transforming a little box into a highly advanced and incredibly powerful Nucleon Shock Cannon, so I assume it can create the systems needed to power whatever it's making.

However, a spark is not a construct of mere material, really; it's an essence of Primus, the Well of All Sparks. The hammer can make as many things as it wants, but I doubt it can create the life-force of a Cybertronian.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus said that had they had the Forge of Solus they could have built Bumblebee a T-cog, an organ!

But I wonder (doubt, really) whether it can build a spark, let alone one that has long since expired.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    That would be nice but I kind of doubt it. I really would like to see Cliffjumper again though. If he hadn't been killed, he'd probably be my favorite Autobot. In just one flashback episode, they did a real good job of bringing out his character. Heck, next to Inside Job, Out of the Past is my favorite episode of season two.

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's that powerful. But it might be able to upgrade medical equiptment.

jD001

6. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Bee doesn't need a Tcog. Optimus could build him a voice box.

7. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

They could build a tool that revives Transformers.

8. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Also, This

9. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    Meta777 has teh smartz

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

:lolol 

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He did when Optimus said that.

They could, and I'm really hoping they do. The Autobots do somehow get the Forge, but I doubt Bee's voicebox is going to be their first priority with it, and by the time they get around to that issue, they'll probably have lost it somehow...

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The hammer could be used to repair a dead body to like new, but the show seems to indicate that the Transformers are not just computer programing but they have some sort of a soul that makes them who they are. While the hammer might give a body the energy to move I think it would be like with Dark Energon and all you would get would be a zombie.

It seems like to bring back a dead Transformer you would need a device that had captured the robot's spark and a way to put that spark back into the robot's repaired body.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Veteran

News Credits:
    The Autobots would kinda be dicks if they get the Forge and don't build a voicebox for Bee.

"So yeah we got this godly weapon which can make anything out of anything... what should we do with it?"

"BEEEP!"

"Haha, you're right, Bumblebee! This WOULD look good displayed in our little MacGuffin Museum!"

14. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Only the well of Allsparks can create new sparks.

15. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    A Spark isn't an organ technically. It's a soul, something of Primus. I don't think a hammer, even one from one of his children, could make a Spark

16. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    It could probably create nonliving protoform bodies which could then be implanted with sparks or animated with dark energon, but as others have said, nothing in this continuity can truly revive the dead.

As for the voice box issue, maybe Bumblebee just doesn't want one.

17. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

human science has advanced enough to create artificial hearts.

the essence of life though... that's beyond our grasp, I'd imagine it's the same for Cybertronians.

They can fabricate all of the components for a bot, but the spark, that's one that's beyond them.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Operation Bumblebee, when it was believed that Bumblebee's T-cog was gone, it was said that had Optimus had the Forge he could have built him a new one. Obviously Bumblebee doesn't need one now--we've all seen him transform:p 

EDIT:

Cybertronian technology is way beyond ours--Spacebridge FTW--but like I said, I doubt the Forge can create life. If it could have wouldn't the Primes have made more Primes to help the kill Unicron once and for all?

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope not.

I like the fact when characters die they stay dead and not back because of Deus Ex Machina or because they need to advertise a new toy like in Energon. Cheapening their deaths are no fun kind of like in Dragonball Z since you know they'll just use the Dragonballs to wish their deceased comrades back over and over.

20. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wondering this too, since I believe Dreadwing is the one that gives Prime the Forge for next episode. Maybe he wants to just use it to get into the shadowzone and see his brother, but I doubt the forge can revive the dead. It can probably save the living fromt he worst of fates, but once you're gone, you're gone