Can Steven Caple Jnr deliver a quality TF movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Just wondering how much faith people have in this director, I haven't seen any of his movies (although creed 2 is on to-watch radar) but looking at his filmography, he hasn't done many movies, and no full on action movies by the looks of it.

I know Bumblebee was Knights first live action movie and that turned out ok, but the heart of Bumblebee was very much within Knights repertoire and not the big action flick ROTB is purportedly going to be.

Still, Michael Bay had alot of action under his belt, and still made 5 dull movies, so I guess experience isn't everything, and the things Caple Jnr has said about the incoming movie seem promising.. albeit words.

So I wonder, how is this new director estimated amongst our community?

2. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

I’d give him a chance so long he isn’t heavily influenced by Michael Bay.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    I enjoyed Creed 2 so I'm approaching ROTB with the same cautious optimism I did with Bumblebee

4. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

I've never seen Creed 2 until a month ago to see what Steven Caple Jr had for his experience. I thought it was definitely a heart to heart movie with solid boxing fight scenes that respected a long legacy. It didn't try to milk nostalgia, or feel like a summer popcorn-fic. To me that would be a good director to have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know jackshit about him. But he is someone new instead of Michael Bay, so I am excited by default of not knowing what to expect.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Here's hoping, he's someone new and regardless of the quality of past films he's directed this could prove to be a good fit for him.

7. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

It'll probably have a good human story and entertaining fight scenes, but im sure it'll once again relegate 90% of the cast to cgi models to pad out the background and shoot guns without any substance or character to be seen. Maybe Optimus, Primal, and Scourge will get decent screentime and have good characterization and Bumblebee will probably get a few funny lines but that'll be it