can someone explain TFSource points to me?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, May 19, 2014.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've made a few purchases with tfsource over the years, and have accumulated a decent amount of "source points" with them. However, it seems like it may have been for nothing, because from what I can tell, it seems like you MUST make your purchases of in-stock items in order to use the points for freebies. I switched to them because they have free shipping, but since I put down pre-orders for everything, I don't think I can use my points. Any ideas?

2. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like making a new Pre-order (not stacked) is ok as long as you add the freebie at the time you are placing that order.

Source Points - TF Source

But most of the freebies don't seem very interesting. And the few that are good require at least a $175 purchase.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I guess maybe that's part of the problem--I stack everything as well. But I mean, who doesn't? Just like BBTS and their pile of loot. It kind of sucks, because it seems like TFSource's two main benefits, freebie points and order stacking, are mutually exclusive.

4. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it came down to the realization that I don't have to pre-order everything I want. Much of what I was previously would still be available for some time past its release. With that in mind, I cut down my pre-orders which made using source points a much easier.

5. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Twenty Source Points are the equivalent of ten Schrute Bucks.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I know this is an old post, but since you mentioned that you used the points, I quoted you instead of starting a new thread.

How do you use the points? I added one of the "free" items to my cart, along with enough instock items to cover the minimum purchase for the free item, yet I can't figure out how to pay for it with points. Anyone care to educate me on how to actually spend the points? What am I missing in the process?

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed. It should be a much easier process to redeem points. Also, I'll rarely be making a purchase that's not Stacked. Additionally is the requirement of an extra X purchase to redeem X points. It would be one thing to have X amount of points, but another to have to make a separate purchase just to redeem them that's relative to the number of points. I may have 1000 points, but I probably won't be making a purchase of $850 anytime soon.

I really think the Source Points needs to be revamped a bit. In contrast, The Chosen Prime allows for points to be redeemed for cash towards a purchase. Freebies are good (depending on the freebies), but a $5 or a $10 coupon is nice as well.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  8. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Which FYI is equivalent to 40 Stanley nickels

9. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

TFS Points are useless. I'm sitting on over 2,700 points currently and they never have anything worth getting. Maybe someday they'll change it up so you can use points toward a cash purchase

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

It's funny that this thread got resurrected. I have since switched my buying over to The Chosen Prime. Still get free shipping over $150, you don't have to pay for preorders, and instead of useless points, you actually get $5 off every $150 you spend. Win-win in my book ;)