Can some one with experience with the process explain some details on Hasbro Crowdfunding

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MisterGuyMan, Jul 27, 2020.

1. MisterGuyMan

MisterGuyMan Well-Known Member

This is specifically for the Marvel Sentinel one and I'm kinda interested but I'd prefer a color variant and have no idea if that's a thing that happens. Unicron is likely the closest comparable figure but if anyone does this regularly for anything else I'd appreciate if you shared your experiences. Is the process generally a one time only thing? So if I miss out on it am I totally out of luck and at the mercy of aftermarket prices? As a crowdfunding release even gotten a second recolor release or even a rerelease at all?

I'm considering just buying it and keeping it unopened. That was I can sell it to "upgrade" to a color I like better if it ever happens and learn to repaint it myself if after a few years nothing else is released. But it's a lot of money so I want as much info as I can get.

Any insight is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    One item has been released. The barge.
    There is no planned repaint.
    Impossible to say if there will be one for this.
    I would say nobody, not even Hasbro, knows if they will ever redo this but all signs point to no.

• Like Like x 4
  3. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If Hasbro did that, I’d bet many people who bought the first run would be mad. The whole point is that you’re pooling money to make an exclusive product that would otherwise be cost-prohibitive. That product should be able to, at least, maintain its value by quality of being produced in low quantities (as opposed to mass-retail) That allure will fade if Hasbro starts having additional runs, whether they’re a repaint or not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Basically, if you like the design of the Sentinel (or any Haslab item, for that matter) and you can afford it, I recommend buying into it before the crowdfunding period is over. Who knows how much people will be asking for it down the road. We have to assume that these are one and done items. At worst, you ought to be able to sell it for at least what you paid for it if you decide not to keep it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. MisterGuyMan

MisterGuyMan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think I just needed validation and confirm that I've thought this through. I appreciate the input. I think I'll probably back the project now.

• Like Like x 2