Can Robots Bleed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by agent j 15, Feb 14, 2014.

1. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

We all know the level of blood a movie can get before it gets an R-Rating (spoiler alert: any level if it's not red. I'm not kidding, the less red it is, the more blood you can have). Why hasn't the Transformers films taken advantage of that? I mean, they kind of did... you'll have to click the link since it wouldn't work on my Photobucket, but look at Grindors death.

http://www.hdgif.com/home/data/media/7/transformers_headsplit2.gif

Notice the blood spurting out? Now obviously, in real facial mutilation it isn't that minimal, but what if Transformers tried that? What if they bled blue Energon? We'd get all the gore we want and still see robot fights!

Plus, I've found that bleeding can be used to great symbolic effect in movies. Show Prime with a huge gash across his face leaking blue Energon when it looks like Megatron's about to win. This way, not only is he emotionally broken, but physically too. And, if they die bleeding like humans, they audience can feel greater sympathy for them-if they're good guys, anyway.

So what are your thoughts on Transformers bleeding?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My thoughts is that i'm sure it hurts like hell.

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm glad they introduced the spillage of Energon when the bots are damaged. I think it reinforces Prime's bluntly stated line from the first film to the general audience: that they aren't regular robots and can feel emotion, pain, love, etc.

4. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Look at Crankcase's death in DOTM. Blood pours from his smashed up face as he makes a gurgling sound

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They have fluids that run through lines for various reasons, so yeah, they can "bleed" if those lines are cut/broken, even if its not a perfect analogy for how humans bleed. Their blood doesn't have to be energon, it could be coolant, hydraulic fluid, electrolytic fluid, etc. etc. etc. Do they feel pain? Seems pretty clear they do, given the previous films, and pain likely follows a similar sensory role that it does in humans (Pain is your body's way of saying "don't do that, it is injuring your body").

6. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD All are dead, yes?

Given all the intricacies of the bots' bodies, I'm sure they have all kinds of liquids running through them. Good chance to see some gore, too.

7. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Agreed-I wanna see a robots belly get sliced open and all his sopping wet metal innards spill onto the floor as he gurgles and gasps for life and I need to see a therapist.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

They bleed alright, did y'all see Crowbar practically vomiting the red stuff after Ironhide sent him and his bro cartwheeling straight up-down to the floor?! Crazy stuff right there, woo.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Yup.

A lot of stuff the human body does that people just arbitrarily remove from Transformers to make them seem less "human" is actually practical and important stuff. (hence it's existence in the human body to begin with. Our bodies don't really have a lot of non-essential-for-life stuff) Blood and other fluids for maintaining joints, powering hydraulics, etc. How would they move without them? Magic?

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No complex machine can function without some sort of fluids.

Transformers NOT bleeding would be less realistic than then bleeding.

11. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I do wish they'd keep it consistent with the color of the fluids. In the first movie everyone bled blue Energon, then we got green and yellow and red. Call it GeeWun-ism but I prefer the blue stuff.

12. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon: Ironhide and Sideswipe vs The Dreads - YouTube

The scene in question!

We have different fuel. Maybe for them, different Energon is in different colors.

Besides, what is pink in G1?

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    A computer, fluid cooled computers nonwithstanding.

14. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

[​IMG]

That's what transmission fluid looks like.

15. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Hmmm....yeah overlooked that one....

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    There's a ton, though fluids are important components in lots of mechanical devices.

17. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

The movies probably go a bit overboard with the fluid, but I'm fine with them containing various exotic fluids which leak out when ruptured. Heck, I think Ironhide "bleeds" in the first episode of the g1 cartoon. All the movies did is change the color.

18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Okay, maybe I was thinking of Energon in Beast Wars. And you're right, I'm just assuming it was a deliberate artistic choice to give the Dreads red fluid to bleed, for one, to show how hurt they got.

19. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Yup.

20. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

They've been shown to 'bleed' a few times, especially in DOTM when various decepticons get the shit shot out of them, or the random con who got pulled out of the ship and torn apart by the Wreckers. Hell when Optimus gets his shoulder shredded and arm ripped off their is an arterial like spray of fluids and kinda looks like its still dripping/bleeding towards the end and when he rips Megatron's head off and pulls his spinal column out there is a brief gush and spray of fluids.