Can RID tires be fixed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sunstorm9119, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I finally managed to get the RID Optimus and U.M. i've been looking for. :rock  Now Optimus is in great condition, but Magnus has one small problem.....some of his tires have that annoying splitting problem. Has anyone found a way to fix it? If not where can replacements be obtained? We've got some really talented kitbashers here, and maybe one of you came up with a solution to this issue.

BTW, yes I knew the wheels were cracked when I bought it, and for $20 complete I just couldn't really say no...

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I just glued them. I think I have it done in such a way that they can't come off and they are held together. (this is for X-Brawn, though... I'd have probably done the same thing with Magnus)

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yep, Soundblaster speaks the truth. I've fixed cracked tires on X-Brawn, Optimus and Ultra Magnus with a little super glue.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I've fixed a completely spilt wheel on Sideburn by doing that. Superglue is the shit. :p 

5. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put a dab of glue at the split, ans then wrapped wire around them to keep it tight. After a few hours, I took the wire off. Seems to work.

6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I finally gave Magnus a detailed going over and discovered a few problems.....

1.not only have his front tires split, there seems to be a piece missing from them (both tires are split through the word "Cybertron", so it says "Cybe_tron" on both), so I guess I have to replace them. Fortunately only the 2 large front tires are split.

2.The piece his hand/forearm connects to is missing on the right side. Since he's being displayed as Omega Prime it isn't much of a problem, but if I turn him back into a truck, one of his arms just kinda floats there....

At some point I guess I'll find the parts I need, just wanted this to serve as a reminder to all: be sure to check loose figures CAREFULLY before you buy.

7. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    I have an Ultra Magnus in parts and sitting in a baggie. I can't gaurantee that I'll have the parts you need but I might. PM me if you're interested. I'll trade parts for parts or, if you don't have anything I'll just mail them to you for cost of shipping. hit me up and LMK.

This offer stands for anyone else missing or needing parts too but Sunstorm get's first pick and I really would prefer trades.

8. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This reminds me... My RID Prime has split knee tires...

9. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    So does mine, and Ultra Magnus's front tires too.

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i still have no problems with any of my rid tires... of course mine are all takara car robots. maybe they have a different rubber mix?