Can Marvel Studios do an X-Force Movie? (or something like that)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by gil, May 7, 2009.

1. gil

gil Godmaster

Since Fox owns the rights to produce X-Men movies, can Marvel do a movie that's X-Men related, but not the X-Men? Would Marvel be able to do a X-Force movie with Cable, or a X-Factor movie with Havok? And if Marvel can't do a movie titled with an "X", then what about a movie named Cable, and his team is not named?

I ask because I saw that thread about Fox doing a Deadpool movie. Deadpool didn't show up in the movies until Wolverine, so before that, Marvel could have done a Deadpool movie themselves.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It depends on what their contract says, but probably, early marvel contracts were not the best as they weren't a proven property yet. Basically as long as they keep making movies they have almost complete control.

3. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

The only X-force movie I'd want is the current team lead by Wolverine featuring Wolfsbane, X-23, Warpath, Archangel and Domino with appearances by Cable and Deadpool.

Since this movie would have to be Rated R (If any of you have been reading the recent X-force series you know what I mean) I doubt that will ever happen.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I can't see this possibly happening. The whole idea behind X-Force is that they do the stuff the normal X-Men won't do-- i.e., getting into really dark, brutal territory. Even though I like X-Force, even I'd be hesitant to see a movie. Drawn comic violence is one thing, but violence that brutal on the big screen? Ugh, I'd be sick.

5. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Since he mentioned Cable, I'm guessing he meant the original X-Force team...that I don't recall being anywhere near the current level of violence X-Force has come to be known for as a Black Ops team.

6. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmmm. I really just want any media with Cable.

7. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I'm guessing no. If Fox can use characters like Deadpool, Emma Frost, and Gambit who weren't in any of the three first X-Men movies then I would think their contract with Marvel covers characters associated with the franchises they are making movies for. Also you can't really have Cable without Scott and Jean.