Can anyone identify this TF guide book?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheSoundwave, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A long time ago my friend used to have a Transformers book. I think it was probably unlicensed, because I've never been able to find it on TFWiki or anything. It also had some poorly researched information.

The cover had Starscream in mid-air. I think it was a toy, maybe his Masterpiece. It could have been considered a magazine, but it was thicker than a typical magazine. But thinner than typical guide books. It was softcover.

The book was probably written in 2006 or early 2007. It had some info on the 2007 movie, but it seemed to be leaks.

It had info about the various eras and characters and toys and whatnot. A lot of G1 stuff especially. I remember Alternators. There was a page dedicated to Masterpiece Optimus, it had him in a Photoshopped battle scene.

I distinctly remember G1 Barricade and Blackout appearing on a page that pictured maybe 20 different cartoon characters. Which was weird, because they were kind of obscure. The book was probably trying to cash in on them being in the upcoming movie. Blackout was seated in a tank. The book referenced him having the ability to knock out electronic circuitry, which was obviously a reference to the movie version of the character, not G1.

I've scoured the Internet for info on this book, and never found anything. Surely someone out there must have owned this.

This exact picture appeared:

G1anti-aircraft_base_boxart.jpg

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Was this it?

3. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I don't think so. Amazon says that was from 2001, and the one I recall had to be around 2006 or early 2007.

I think Starscream was facing the other way, and you could see his face. I recall him smiling, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Darn it, hmmmmm.

I'll definitely keep my eyes open either way. I still recommend checking out the Cybertronian series of books if you never have, unofficial but very charming to skim through. Clearly the ones who made these books had a lot of love for the series.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    I know what you are taking about, it's this book?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I believe that's it! I just found a forum on it, and other people noticed the inaccurate info. Thanks for identifying it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Asked and answered. :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.