Campaign Or Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Dragonzzilla, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

If there is ever was another Transformers game in the future, what would you want them to prioritize, the campaign or multiplayer? The High Moon Cybertron games have had awesome campaigns with exhilarating moments, but I feel they fell flat on replay value. You could run on the hardest difficulty and get everything. Could we need a challenge system separate from achievements/trophies analogous to Diablo 3?

2. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really appreciating games which put an emphasis on single player as once the servers shut, that's a large part of the game gone (except on pc).

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm not a big multiplayer guy. I tend to like story-driven games.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Campaign. FOC had the best single player campaign I'd played in a while, and I still enjoy replaying it even after getting all the audio logs and Easter eggs.

5. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Multiplayer, especially if they were to really bump up the customisation options.

6. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I like the campaign more. Especially when the story is good.

7. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel a dedicated multiplayer game would also be great fun. Without resources going towards a narrative, expansive voice work, and large level designs they could reallocate that towards more customization, weapons, levels, etc.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why not both?

I've always felt that shooters are always able to give good campaigns while still having strong multiplayer features. It all revolves around the strength of the mechanics.

For instance, Gears of War is a pretty damn good franchise mechanically. It's solid, workable mechanics, easily learned, well defined, and isn't cluttered or clunky. Press a button, stick to cover, shoot from it. Good stuff. It's multiplayer builds upon this solid single player basis, and for me, that's a success.

That's what a Transformers game needs. Solid single player mechanics. I feel War for Cybertron was nearly there, and it just needed some polish.

9. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

A good campaign is essential to me.

10. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

Campaign. I'm mostly a single-player gamer, though I range from ok to good at multiplayer most of the time.

FOC's campaign was so good I have fun replaying it even after getting every offline achievement.

11. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Campaign all the way.

12. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We've had campaigns. Several of them. While good, they've never once fully concentrated on multi, it's always been an afterthought.

I'd like a TF game that solely focused on a solid multiplayer pvp experience. The engine from WFC, with faster gameplay/vehicles and more destructive weaponry would be a good start. Don't dumb the PVP down like in FOC, make it more absurd. Devs keep assuming that "balance" means nerfing everything, when in reality you can still have a fun game with everyone being completely broken, as long as they are equally broken :)  There is still balance achieved with that method as well, and it makes for a much less boring game.

Make it a 30 buck game with online multi only, a good hack/cheat detection, lobby creation, (good) host migration (don't get me started on FOC's), and a vote kick system and you could very well have a great TF game without a campaign.

Campaigns only last around 10 hours anyway. Multi is where the meat & potatoes should be. I'd be 100% for a new TF game that only consisted of a great multiplayer mode.

13. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

If they gave me a long & in-depth campaign (about 20 lengthy chapters) with plenty of playable bots (at least 2 different playable characters per mission) like (Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Soundwave, IronHide, Hound, Arcee, Onslaught, Blast Off, Jazz, Galvatron, all the Dinobots (not just Grimlock), the original 3 Seekers, Mirage, Bruticus & maybe even Devastator) with the option to change your special ability to whatever you want in story mode (except for characters like Soundwave, who'd always eject his mini-cons) & you'd still be able to collect 3 different tech abilities like in ROTDS. Man, if they gave us that... i wouldn't even care about a multiplayer mode at all!

14. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Awesome post, 5 stars.

15. DeClawed

DeClawed Member

i enjoy both, but i'd say multiplayer just cause i enjoy making my own characters to play as... but if they made a single player fallout-esque transformers game... then, that i'd play.

16. skynet1O1

skynet1O1 Well-Known Member

I love story lines. That's where God of War lost it for me. The single player was amazing up until Ascension.