Calling it now...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tehCal, Feb 17, 2014.

1. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Saw somebody ("nametaken", from memory) mention this in a comment, and he's right: Galvatron will almost definitely be the name for a human-created grunt/drone bot.

It explains everything. The posters. The "Galvatron factory fight" -- a fight set in a factory that creates Galvatron units. The multiple Galvatron minifigs in the majority of TF4 Kreon sets. The number 204 on the head of the car-splitter/apparently-Galvatron from the trailer (and how he seems to be lying dead at OP's feet in one shot). And of course, a lot of the released synopsis info for the film mentions human companies reverse-engineering their own bots.

Sad to say it, but Galvatron is most likely going to be the equivalent of the robot soldiers in the new RoboCop film. Looks like Lockdown is the main Decepticon, although there could still be some surprises left...

2. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

That was me :) 

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Granted his body is human-made... but what about his mind? I doubt he's a separate character given the heads we've seen in the Kreo sets... so chances are he's Megatrons mind in a human-made body.

This is something many have guessed recently.

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I'd be willing to guess that if this is true, and I wouldn't be suprised if it is,
    the Galvatrons are likely based on Megatron. So it may be possible they use his head to make Galvatron drones in some way.

5. MrRoy

MrRoy Well-Known Member

So the Galvatron's will be the movieverse equivalent of the G1 Sweeps?

I wonder if the they will start out as drones and eventually Megatron is like "Fine, you can't do it? I'll do it." and possesses a body.

6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But as I said, if one of these "Galvatron" units happens to be taken over by Megatron's Spark, what's not to say that Megs don't side with the bots or takes the earth created TFs and brands them his new army to take on a new Con army lead by Lockdown or something else? I could see this bein the perfect way for them to have Megs redeem himself and protect the planet that he said in DOTM was "his". Also, if this "Dark Spark" as the relic from the game plays into the movie, we could have te dark AllSpark and even at some point the Dark Matrix on our hands.

Remember te obelisk?

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Lol, I said this once before and well, remember the concept art from movie 1 of the many Megatron bodies hanging in the ship? They originally had a concept of that Megs' Spark could not be destroyed and he would just download to a new body when killed. This could be a reality now.

8. no fate

no fate Seize the thrown...

I can see this being the case.

9. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    But there was only one black/silver truck on set? That's a lot of semi's in one movie.

10. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    So then Megatron could easily convert a human-built bot into his new body? That would work. Hence the "Factory Battle" Galvatron looking different than the regular Galvatron.

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that number means anything. Loads of the figures have numbers, as they're sample marked not for sale. You can see a number on deluxe crosshairs in car mode and on one deluxe Slog's head in robot mode.

And what multiple Galvatron's in the Kreo sets? There's just the one in the Galvatron factory fight set, but the rest of the sets have 'Vehicon' figures.

My guess is, yes his body is probably man-made but not necessarily one of many identical bodies.

Oh and while I'm here, the Galvatron factory fight set has both Megs and Sentinel's heads there; how perverse would it be if Galvatron was actually an amalgamation of both their minds?! Would explain possibly why he takes an entirely new name, and why he could be more of a threat than when he was just Megatron.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    i can think of one main reason they would want to prob around in Sentinels mind or processors. Remember, he and only he knew how to work the Space Bridge technology ;) 

13. User_136440

News Credits:
    Of course, but I was just thinking how twisted it would be if things really screwed up and their minds melded together. We really would get a crazy Galvatron. lol

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    If you splice Sentinel with Megatron would Megatron now become a Prime? A Nemises Prime? Lol

15. Solekoll

Solekoll Member

Disagree

I don't think this is correct. If there was multiple "Galvatrons" the poster would say "THEY" are watching instead of "He". "He" would be specific to an individual, not a group.

16. User_136440

News Credits:
  17. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Loving the sound of this!

18. User_136440

News Credits:
    Yeah he's confusing the Vehicons for multiple Galvatrons

19. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I was thinking the same thing when I noticed Sentinel's head along with Megatron's.

20. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is probably right.