Calling 3rd parties to do this different market. MP or bigger.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 18inchcombiner, Dec 3, 2016.

1. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those of us who like the current Masterpiece style 3rd Party product status. I am with you. This are looking very bright. TT loyalists on here also. I agree with some official products coming out.

My thread here will not affect you or is no threat to anything. These are the markets that need to stay on top of the market with engineering, quality & scale from transformable robots to vehicles or etc. I WILL STILL BE part of this market & collecting these.

But a transformation is time consuming & most love that fact. I don't but doesn't stop me from enjoying these toys that are treasures from my G1 childhood. But alot of us (me included) don't care or don't have the time for transforming them all the time. We display these MP style 3P & official TF's. So don't be alarmed or offended. If you do not want anything to do with my point, I'd perfer you didn't comment.

My point is this seperate market: A more cartoon accurate alternative, that has no kibble, you can play with your kids or nephews, 100% cartoon accuracy, ALL the articulation, no transformation QC issues & less cost (with the perks in detail we see in customs like painted cartoon accurate windows).

I call on companies if not BULKY ACTION (scale up that Devs x2), Custom Robots (just up your scale to 8+ inches for the cars) & 1st GOKIN (try transformers with TMNT). To take what they did & make it bigger, mass producting NON-TRANSFORMABLE Transformer robots & they're vehicle modes (non-transformable).

Hasbro had my alternative called "Titanium series" especially that Ultra Magnus that was a better scale I liked than the G1 toy. Now, someone can make a 10 inch tall version without having to go by the rules of the transformation which includes his trailer, that would make any realistic toy mode either too big or a criminally undersized robot mode. And unlike TT MP-22 we can have waist swivel & no flap butt.

So for those who perfer Transformable & don't have the room like I do. Would mix & match versions they see better (MP-22 is just one example).

I mention 1st Gokin bc they made such a cool 3rd party Krang & Shredder action figures. If they dip'd in the Transformers action figure BIGGER line they can be up there with Hot Toys only cheaper.

A new 3P that came in would charge less: But I not only want the robot mode but the vehicular modes for sale (half the price of the robot). And if Bulky action were to do all 7 G1 combiners at over 20 inches tall for 200-300+ ( even sold in 2 parts is cool). I am down, but it would be awesome to also make super cartoon accurate versions of the combiner bots 9" tall each or taller. As well as their vehicle modes (untransformable) by themselves or in a special 2-pack extreme cartoon accurate with no KIBBLE whatsoever. I am not kibble picky at all when I buy MP transformers at all.

But I would make great room for oversized to MP or bigger scale untransformable MP scale or bigger sized higher quality ACTION MASTER/action figure type unofficial transformers with the cartoon accuracy & lack of kibble possible without a transformation.

Again, I am still buying all the transformable robots but this is something cool that can be possible & easier for some start up 3P's if the other ones don't capitalize on this possible.

There is a market for non-transformable stand-in's. Also even if you aren't one of them, there are some people that are not satified with a certain character's toy representation from any of the companies that released them bc of lack of toon accuracy or whatever. Those designs are much different than the toy designs & the mixes of both. I hear you also if you say: some toons looks are goofy etc. But many of us like them for that very reason & the G1 characters we grew up watching.

If no company steps up. I still have my transformables being released. But know this nontransformable MP possiblity along with seperate untransformable alt modes.
    My wallet is waiting for you too :) 

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    So... Super Articulated Action Masters. Or OSKO Revoltechs? I'm just streamlining for the next guy who gets lost in the massive amount of words.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

I once considered doing this, but then you have to have a large enough market to cover cost and turn a profit. Another problem is manufacturing pricing, quality, and time schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Not revoltechs, I dislike those & want ratchet joints the works. More like the quality we see from the current stuff just take away the transformation realities. I'd like that Bulky Action engineer/Devs twice the size. Plus I'd buy vehicular modes & individual bot modes.

It is hard to describe this & that is not my strong suit. And want to be clear bc some are really defensive about their TF's, to them I want to specify that this is not bothering your fav companies biz.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The problem is this only works if you do the characters. And that's a whole other collection.

6. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Nothing is a problem when you are having fun. And you can mix things especially if they scale together the same or one that might look better or even a character not made yet nobody has done. This would be a god send to anyone that loves cartoon accuracy. It may the crowne jewel on your shelf. And you have control what you buy right?

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I wouldn't really worry about protecting peoples feelings. It's the Internet, people must dive into it knowing opinions will vary/ Of course, in turn, your own feelings can't be overly tender either...
    That's speaking in general, of course.

That said, you have an idea that you're trying to express and there's nothing wrong with that. I think "highly articulated actionmasters" fits as best as anything perhaps with, "masterpiece level of detail" thrown in for expectation's sake. Certainly, it could be done. Hasbro has a few different lines that made varied efforts to do it.

8. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Nice. Hopefully you can find some partners bc it would be a great investment. Talk to other current 3P's who might want to launch a side thing. Also find a way to Asia or make friends there for a production help.

My suggestion for your 1st robot: 10-10.5 inch Ultra Magnus with a waist swivel & on the back like the cartoon. He's the demand for many MP-22 disgruntled fans on social media etc I hear from.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jazz303

Jazz303 @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Sounds cool and perfect for those who like to display a robot and alt-mode at the same time.

10. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Like those $1000 figures but to scale with the mp line and cheaper. Also with that cel shaded look too. A downsized ko unimetal line

11. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yeah get what you like I am all about that. I just mean a line like this is so different it likely won't fit in another collection. So you have to get people into buying a lot of characters.

12. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My ideal scenerio would be for Hasui to come back, and take over the main line in the style he used previously. Kobayashi could continue, but work on the + line, providing stuff for the people who want pure toon accuracy. Kobayashi could go back to the older MPs (such as MP Prime) and redo them in his newer style.

Of course this would never happen, it would be far too expensive to maintain. But I can dream :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    I say that bc I am trying to be respectful. People get attacked on here viciously bc they think someone is taking something from them. So all I am saying is I come in peace. Where have you been? JK.

So. They can just action figures without the complexity of transformation which I like also to a certain degree. At the end of the day people will like it if it looks good also & has perks. LIke BA engineer is cool with even lights but I cannot buy him bc he is not in my scale. If someone were to do something like him twice as big I would love that. I just need the masterpiece scale or even Leader oversized etc to do some non-transformable stuff that can get to those places you mentioned. Not more detail than MP just enough to detail cartoon accuracy which demands less like painted windows etc rather than more demanding toy detail.

14. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Yep. That would work. But also cost effect the detail to cartoon paints rather than extended sculpts.

15. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I don't think 10+ inch tall figures or 20inch tall combiners are something kids can comfortable or safely play with, and I doubt there would be a sizable market to justify making this.

If I am unbounded by money or space to display these behemoths, sure, why not. But logically speaking I doubt this will ever happen.

16. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

I think the market for "action masters" is too niche. Having it as 3rd party is even more small. The revoltech sound/shockwaves that came out a couple years back sold out, but weren't very widely known and faded into obscurity.

Marketing these as action figures for a family friendly audience of kids doesn't seem like it'd do well either. 3rd party companies tend to charge more because of limited runs, and generally parents wouldn't spend $40+ for a bunch of figures for their kids when they can get transformable toys at retail.

17. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    Never say never like I did for the 3P's that are currently on pre-orders. Play under your supervision of coarse. You don't have to worry about the transformation pop out stuff which is meager, I know. But non-transformable can be shook around without notches unbuckling/untabbing etc. And yes depends on cost, common sense is at your leasure. But on one thing I agree: I am kind of worried about the transformable stuff. All I am saying is to keep a open mind. No engineering other than a robot mode is needed here, much easier than actual requests for many characters we haven't seen done yet that require one or more transformations.

My mind is on the transformable stuff first of coarse.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  18. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

3A-Dark-of-the-Moon-Optimus-Prime-003.jpg I think 3A is doing this now. The problem is that they are doing the stupid Bayformers.

However, I think the run of 4 was all they were going to do.

Maybe G1 is next?

• Like Like x 1
  19. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    I agree. Wei Jiang already got me on the only Bayformer I own bc they did such a good job. 3A is a good company.
    If they can do alittle bigger than MP G1 THAT would be awesome.
    I think newcomers or a less pricing 3P would charge less. Bulky Action/action master style charges under 100 for their devs (10+ inches tall) with light up feature. So I would expect them to at least double that for double the scale. But the other 3P G1 TF's maybe under 60 bucks action master with articulation & some lights perhaps Tanaka MPF style for say a Jazz etc but a 80-100 bucks for a nontransformable Ultra-Magnus. Vehicle/alt modes 1/25 scale can charge 40+ easily unless they come in 2-packs with the robot.

20. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

If this became a reality, in scale with MP/3P, I wouldn't be all in, but there'sa few pieces I'd be interested in.

Megatron.
    Soundwave.
    Shockwave.
    His minions.
    The camera triplets.

Basically anything that has an alt mode that mass shifts to small or bigger.

Because to me, these alt modes are ******ed anyways.

But they would need to come with their alt mode as an in scale accessory

• Like Like x 1