California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    Nothing of note at Pleasant Hill Target or TRU, unless you're looking for the new GI Joe movie stuff. Target had their stuff out, all except the midrange vehicles ($25 price point). No Jetfires, HA Bumblebee or variants, but there were Fallen, Mixmaster and voyager Megatron for anyone looking.

Walnut Creek Target had pretty much ALL of the new Joe stuff, and seemed to be restocked in everything ROTF, except for leaders. They seemed to be choking on Ultimate Bumblebees, and had them marked down to under $70.

Martinez had at least 2 HA Bumblebees left, and at least a couple each of the dark Breakaway and Sideways variants. Also a good amount of Ramjet and Skywarp.

2. laughograms

laughograms Active Member

Jeez! I have been looking in every single Target, TRU and WM that I pass by for a Jetfire and no luck at all -- this is realy getting aggravating -- so much so that I am almost to the point of offering my HABB + cash in trade for one -- not there yet thought.

3. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll show up eventually - in droves. Soon we'll be complaining about not being able to find some other figure and that there are too many Jetfires hanging around.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Valencia the Sagus Swap Meet. Some dude sell ROTF Voyagers for $12 and Universe Voyagers for $12. He also had ROTF Deluxe, Gravity, FAB and Robot Replicas and Animated Deluxes for $5. The Voyagers boxes are crushed but the figures are new. The $5 figures are MOC and in perfect condition. He also has a butt load of 25th Ann. Re-Issue Primes all in perfect boxes. Movie Voyagers he had Prime, Starscream, Demolisher amd Mixmaster. I got there pretty much at the end of the day so he didn't have much. He said he still has a grip load of boxes and will have more stuff next sunday.

5. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    EXACTLY. It pays to wait in most cases, as sales have happened and will likely happen again when the rarer figures are more plentiful.

All new figures will seem rare in the opening shots because everyone's looking for them. I could've saved myself some bucks if I'd just stayed patient for at least a couple of ROTF purchases. So far, EVERY "rare" figure I wanted I eventually saw later in "the wild": dark Breakaway (though I'm very grateful to flamingunicron for getting him for me), HA Bumblebee, Mixmaster, etc.

It happened with '09 Bumblebee from the first movie, it's happening with these toys, and it'll continue to happen.

6. transformed81

transformed81 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. PM sent...

7. noclue010

noclue010 Well-Known Member

No way, already! Where did you the the supreme Devs at?

8. accordboi

accordboi Well-Known Member

Checked out the Targets around SF Bay and couldn't find any Sideways or Sideswipe. I guess I have to go further out or ebay if i want one? What wave were they? Sorry for the dumb question, i've been out of the loop since Alternators.....

9. rick3d

rick3d Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If any one knows where I can pick a Leader JetFire in LA area with normal price, pls PM me asps~~thx~~

10. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Deluxe Sideways and Sideswipe were there from May and there are still plenty of them in Walmarts.

11. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check Walmarts or TRU. =)

12. accordboi

Will do.

Sadly the closest Walmart is across the bridge in the east bay.

The closest TRU is the foster city one. Anyone know if they have sideways or sideswipe? Hate to make a trip out there if there isn't any.

Thanks for the help thus far everyone!

13. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I know my local walmarts are stocked heavily on the sideswipe sideways waves I'm in livermore which is close I'm guessing the scenario should be the same for the rest of the east bay

14. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Westminster Walmart on Saturday

Vast number of Chromias, Mudflaps, Wheelies, Leader sized Megatron and Optimus Primes, and Walmart exclusive Thundercrackers and Ramjets. They also had some Voyagers.

I saw one Voyager Megatron, couple of desert Brawls. I took the last Starscream. I wanted a discount for the crushed packaging, but that didn't work.

15. Rodimus83

Rodimus83 Autobot

Checked out 4 Walmarts this morning...Baldwin Park, Industry, Glendora, Rio Rancho...No sign of Jetfire.

16. transformed81

transformed81 Well-Known Member

PM sent...

17. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I think the TRU crews are ok to find them for you over the phone call... although I know Target does not provide that much help.

For sure I knew before the last holiday weekend, Mountain view Walmart still have plenty of sideways and sideswipe since they never discount their RotF while others WM did...

18. accordboi

Thanks for the heads up!

I now know how far and which stores i need to go if I want those 2. Thank goodness gas prices are dropping! :p 

19. oldg1fan

oldg1fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got to my hotel in Anaheim after a 4 hour trip. staying at tha hampton inn right by target on harbor. I will check it out in the mornin. has anyone seen any of the new dc universe figures around here. I dont know the wave # but it has hawkgirl and gentleman ghost in it. thanks

20. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Foster City ToysRUs.
    A few deluxe Mudflap (mudflap plate), cannon bumblebee (painted windows), ravage, etc.
    Lots of wave 1 : bumblebee, sideswipe, sideways, rampage.
    Lots of voyager megatron, fallen, mixmaster.
    Lots of FABs : Mudflap, Sideswipe, etc.

Foster City Target :
    1 deluxe dark breakaway.
    Lots of deluxe Mudflap (trax plate), cannon bumblebee, etc.
    Some voyager megatron, fallen, mixmaster.
    a few superions left.

One section that used to have Transformers now have Joe movie toys. I bought 10 figures ($8 each). Did not see gen hawk, cover girl, Cobra Commander or Baroness in both stores.