California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Found Sentinel, Swoop and EG B Bee in Burbank. Finally! WOOOOOOOOT!

2. BigShotPrime

BigShotPrime Active Member

Found two blitzwing in the oc area, but one of them is in a beat up box. I bought the one with the good box for anyone who still wants him. If you want the beat up one, pm me for the location. I also found the one galvatron and sliverbolt for any1 who's interested

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    wave 4 hit valencia
    no swoop but have some egbb

4. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, so it's like a promo island thing? I was looking for those yesterday, to no avail.

5. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Hit two Targets in my area... Both of them didn't have the wave 4 I am looking for .. but they have the wave 2 activators..

6. twichyy

twichyy Banned

News Credits:
    found a swoop and a sential prime in pasadena. i picked them up... if anyone wants to buy them off me for the price i got them... 19.98 plus tax. in alhambra... just like to help my fellow collectors. :) . pm me

7. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    WALLY @ Cerritos: Nothing except a few Silverbolts.

8. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wave 3 so far where I am....

9. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    finally picked up a galvatron at target for 2.69 thanks to my use of gift cards. Target there also had a lone blades and all the ultras.

Target Katella

10. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SUCCESS, found Wave 4 Deluxes at a Target around here. PM for info; they still had a couple Sentinel Primes, a couple EG BBs, and one Swoop left.

Now all I have left is Blitzwing.

11. transformed81

transformed81 Well-Known Member

No Animated Wave 4s, Ultra Magnus, or Blitzwing at the Southgate Target or the Bell Gardens TRU; did see the new Activators, though...cute...

12. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

On the reports placed yesterday, I hit the CPTNO/SNYVL area stores:

CP TGT: No more Wave 4 animated left...a few movie deluxes, some straggling wave 3, one Galvatron...nothing much to report. One Premium Barricade with a janky paint job...pass. I did, however, pick up a really nice Calphalon baking set for half off. Don't ask.

SNYVL TRU: Nothing new or exciting. Still a few Galvatrons and Acid Storms hidden in the above-aisle storage. No sign of Blitzwing anywhere.

SNYVL TGT: Only sign of Wave 4 was a single Swoop left when I arrived, which I snagged for myself. Checked around the toy aisle, dug through the return carts (to the annoyance of a short, stocky dude working there) and looked behind all the toys on the shelves. Someone hid a Premium Bumblebee back there (lol) but there was nothing else good left. I did get a Premium Barricade with a nice paint job, so double win.

I also saw a little kid, on the way out, carrying around a Gasbag Prime... I thought I might follow him around for a bit and see if he put it down, since Clonemanager was looking for one, but while I am a big enough fanboy to have a giant Decepticon logo on my hood, I'm not creepy enough to follow around a little kid, trying to take his toy.

Speaking of, on the drive back, I pulled up beside a Grey sedan with blue autobot symbols on the fenders. I glared at them for a while, but I don't think they noticed.

13. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rosemead Target didnt really have much new besides 2 powerglides and 1 Onslaught

14. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    For extra effort checking out two more Target on my way home... both have tons of Oil slick and I hate to say that the stocking crew has enough excuse not to pull anything out even if there is new stuff in the back... sad hunting nothing today.

15. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ahaha, if theres only like one or two figs i just stash them to ask others to get more

16. BaronV

BaronV MonsterOfTheWeek.com

Still no sightings of TRU Exclusive WW Grimlock and Prowl? Last I read wass sightings in Las Vegas.

17. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where've you been Baron? WW Grimlock and Prowl have been sighted here a week and a half ago. They were actually shelfwarming at my local TRU for a good week before they finally sold out yesterday.

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    where in socal are you?

My tru in valencia should have some this week

19. Thaumos

Thaumos Member

I can second Twee, Baron. They are still hanging out in the TRU in my area.

20. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

So I finally got home and got around to opening my Animated Swoop and completing my Dinobots... It's a ritual, you know...admiring the packaging, then cutting the tape, and carefully separating the bubble from the card...

Except on this particular Swoop, it looks like someone saved me the trouble!
    After closely examining the package, SOMEONE already bought this one, and messed with it, then did an admirable job resealing it, then returned it to the store! I can tell for three reasons:

1) The package was neatly cut at the bottom and one side, then resealed with packing tape, NOT hasbro's usual tape.
    2) The twist ties weren't tied the usual way.
    3) He had two right arms.

I am so angry I could shit fire. I spent 2 hours looking through stores for this guy today, and now I'm screwed because of some dickweed who decided to be an asshole and return a swapped figure. I LOOKED at it before I bought it, and STILL didn't notice it was resealed. Hell, it's probably a factory second that someone swapped out... Now I have to waste gas to go back tomorrow and return it, and they probably won't have another one for weeks. God dammit. :mad