California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Dr. Lucky

Dr. Lucky Well-Known Member

Found Acid Storm and Galvatron at the Arden TRU today. I took the only Acid Storm, but there should still be Galvatron there.

Bad news is I opend up Acid Storm and his upper arms aren't as tight as they should be. His guns won't stay in place if I peg them into his arms. Huge bummer, and annoying enough that I may actually return it.

2. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Something to look out for...ever since they started producing this mold again, with Henkei Starscream, Henkei Ramjet, and now Acid Storm, they haven't really tightened down all the screws as tightly as they should. If the two halves of the upper arm aren't tightened enough, the two halves of the gun socket won't be pushed together enough to hold the guns securely.

Try giving the screw on the back of his shoulders a good firm turn, till they won't turn anymore, then see if the guns fit any better...

3. goestron

goestron Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean his upper arms not being tight. (First time hearing that one) but I think the guns not pegging into his shoulder is mold degradation. I have that problem with mine too. Read his feedback thread, sounds common. I have Acid Storm displayed with guns pegged into his fists. Makes him look a little different than Skywarp and Starscream.

4. Crazy Fool

Crazy Fool I'm Not What I Seem

Same here. I have that problem of the guns not fitting in the sockets as well.

5. transformed81

transformed81 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna ask a dumb question but did you pick up Blitzwing?

6. Dr. Lucky

Dr. Lucky Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be mold degradation. If the mold starts to wear, the cavities get bigger. As they get bigger, the parts that come out of them get bigger, which makes everything fit tighter, not looser. (I used to work in a facility that did high precision injection molding. Mostly cell phone components.)

However, I did tighten up the screws, and now the guns stay in tight enough to resist gravity, which I suppose is good enough. It still wouldn't hold up to play or shaking, but since that really isn't what I plan to do with him, it should be fine. Thanks for the advice guys.

7. twichyy

twichyy Banned

News Credits:
    my acid storm is a bit dinky too, pretty loose in the joints, and there was even extra jagged pieces of plastic sticking out of the toy that i had to shave down to get the wings to sit flush in vehicle mode. and the other wing is a little gimpy in robot mode.

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I found and bought a Universe Unicorn from Toys R Us in Alhambra, CA as the news shown (4 left last evening). $49.99 is not a bad deal. Box larger than Ulitimate Bumblebee (Huge!) I also saw a Titanium Prowl in Montebello Toys R Us, it was $19.99. The two Toys R Us have large selections of Animated and Universe toys of all sorts. Few Movie Deluxes, and some Jetstorm, Wingblade, Mudflap, and Inferno.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    got mine at my tru today:thumb 
    [​IMG]
    only had 2 total now 1 but wave 2 was plentiful(storm,galvy)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  10. ShadowStitch

I just went out to check SNYVL TRU...

They have some of everything: Silverbolt, Onslaught, Powerglide, Inferno, Mudflap, Blaster, Heavyload, and even a few more Wingblade and Jetstorm... they also have the legends wave 2...at least 3 of each Jazz, Hound, G2 Megatron... No Ultra Magnus leader, no Unicron, no ani deluxes newer than wave 3. They had almost every Ani Voyager except for Blitzwing, so I assume he's come and gone already.

The signs of a new case of Universe Deluxes had been put out, but I didn't see any goodies... until I checked the overhead bin. All of the Galvatrons and Acid Storms have been stashed up there. There may have been a Blitzwing, also, but I didn't look that deep back. Looks like there's a naughty hoarder in-house.

Also: The GI Joes had all been destroyed -- someone deliberately bent all the cardbacks and threw them behind some of the cheapo stuff. Great job, scalper fucks.

11. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    target wesminster mall...nothing new, an onslaught, powerglide, and dropshot, if anyone wants them

12. BigShotPrime

BigShotPrime Active Member

santa ana walmart: 2X jazz, snarl leader meg and bulkhead
    1x onslaught, powerglide, dropshot, and blaster

13. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    did you free those Galvatrons and Acid storms ?

14. Crazy Fool

Which Joes did you see? I went there yesterday and the area was empty. Was looking for the new 5 packs. In fact I went scouring the whole south bay and came up with nada.

15. Riverlos

Riverlos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    both TRUs in Ontario Mills and Fontana had unicorn

16. ShadowStitch

Nope, I left em there...TRU's prices are a dollar more than anyone else's -- I figured if anyone else wanted them, and I reported their hiding place, it might be more helpful than fishing them out of the overhead bin and putting them on the half-empty pegs...

I'm not sure what you're looking for, as I'm not a Joe collector, I just look for singles for my friend who is collecting em. Besides the mangled singles (blue baroness, tiger duke, grey cobra dude, wild bill, Snake eyes in winter gear?) They had some of the vehicles in the clear packs, like the jeep thing, some of the figure sets in the little plastic tubes, some of the sets with 5 figures (troop builders?) and a bunch of the "DVD sets"...the something machine?

17. Autobot_82

Autobot_82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since I'm in San Jose this week, I checked the Target on Blossom Hill to find:

2x Universe 2.0 Dropshot
    1x Blades (box severely beaten up)
    1x Powerglide
    several from TFA deluxe wave 3
    3x Leader Bulkhead

19. Crazy Fool

Ah, okay. I got all of them already. Thanks for the info.

20. zuffyprime

zuffyprime It's not easy being green

Toy Stores selling tfs? + trus + targets?

Hey guys, know this is the wrong place for this but I'm in Pasadena for a couple of days and was wondering if there were any toy/comic shops that sold tfs, or if I'm looking for the newer stuff, where the good targets/ trus are?
    Im on South Mentor Ave in Pasadena CA 91106-3331 (think this is close to Cal Tech)
    Thanks in advance guys for any help you can give me!