California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I totally agree and I probably won't go either. I just threw it up there for anybody who is desperate...

2. topnotch97

topnotch97 Lexi Belle fan

SJ Toyshow is this Saturday? how can i miss that.

hey Shadowstitch! any Halo 3 figs in your area? Target or TRU?

3. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Sorry TN97! I stopped by TRU looking for Halo 3 figs -- no dice. None on the shelves, in the aisles, on the endcaps, or even in the gaming area. The woman I asked about them had no clue what I was talking about, and no one she asked seemed to know if they were stocking them or even what a "Halo 3" was. D'oh! I'mma check the Targets and Wally World tomorrow and see what I can see...

They did have a ton of the "Screen Battles", including one Desert Attack, which leads me to believe the "Capture of Bumblebee" sets are probably going to be around soon. They also had a ton of Leader NW Primes, Starscream and TC voyagers, a handful of regular and Allspark deluxes (Jungle BC and Stockade) and quite a few of the Robot Heroes, older wave Real Gears, and some of the newer Legends 2-packs.

Oh yeah, and the Ratchet Blaster. :\

...I might go to the SJ Toyshow if I'm not working...just to laugh at the scalpers.

4. transformed81

transformed81 Well-Known Member

Target Burbank had First Strike OP, Evac, Offroad Ironhide, Leader Megs/Brawl, Screen Battle Barricade & Long Arm, plus Target Scouts...

5. MrGhoul

MrGhoul Predacon Secret Police

First time out toy huntin in a while.

San Jose Target on Landess had restocked Joes. Armored CC, RnR, Torpedo, Cobra Air Trooper & the Crimson Guard wave. No 2-packs except Scarlett/Hawk. (Picked up CC, RnR, Torpedo & an Air Trooper) The TF section had been restocked as well.

6. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I did spot one "Capture of Bumblebee" last Thursday at Rwc Tru.
    But forgot to post... anyway it is really not worth it ?? $20 for a repaint plus a few agents...

btw, admission is $5..at 11am. just searched and found the site... and information here...
    http://timetunneltoys.com/toyshow.html

I 'd be surprise if there are any TF animated figures for sales.... early bird at 9am $15 freaking dollars.... OMG... I guess I am not really really interested going... except capturing who the scalpers or whom working for... in my digital camera... and laughing them out is a fun part of it...

7. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Recalling...
    Yesterday... spotted a Joe 's 2pack with 2 ugly army man figures "returned" in the stormshadow/snake eys package at Target rwc... OMG... dang... I thought that was a special package of who they were before becoming ninjas....

I shall go take a picture tomorrow... if no one else might have taken that package down the peg...

8. ShadowStitch

OMG, that's awful.... brings back memories of that one thread where people had photos of crappy dollar store trucks returned in Cybertron packaging...

Definitely want to take pics and notify the Target managers! They can look back through the records and see who returned the toy...

9. ShadowStitch

Stopped by a few places on the way home:

Sunnyvale TRU: a few older deluxes with a healthy smattering of allsparks, 3 leader Desert Brawl (Which frankly, having just seen him in person, looks ridiculous with the blue paint) and about 2 each of incinerator, evac, Offroad Ironhide, Thundercracker, and Rescue Ratchet Voyagers. Some older Real Gears, some Allspark 2-pack legends, and no Halo figures to be found. Also, just a few comic 2-packs of joes, and one lonely Buzzer, hanging out with Serpentor and a huge pile of the 5-packs.

Target Mtn View: 2 Desert Brawls, about 3 of each Deluxe allspark figure, and 2 or 3 of each of the new wave of scouts, along with the older waves. No Halo figs, and no Joes to speak of.

Wal-Mart Mtn View: They have probably every early wave Deluxe, from Acree to Wreckage, but not much in the way of allsparks anymore. They had two Evacs and an Offroad Ironhide, but no sign of the Deluxe repaints or any Halo figs.

10. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw plenty of Incinerators, Evacs, Offroad Ironhides, and First Strike Optimus Primes.

Also saw Night Watch Optimus Prime.

11. topnotch97

wow. is it just me or is the allspark line has just become peg and shelf warmers.

12. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

I agree.... the repaints aren't that impressive. Come on animated!

13. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

The 3 Walmarts in San Diego county I found exclusives at are all out now.

If you are desperate to get them, there are two toy shops in Anaheim that have them (marked up) in stock.

Phat toys and Kelly toys on beach and ball road have them for anywhere from $16 to $22. Kelly alone has like 8 or 9 big daddy’s in stock. And a damaged Gridncore (which I would have bought had the packaging not been damaged)

Owners are good guys at both places and they are friends with each other so either place is worth going imo. they have a nice selection of other transformers too.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
  15. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Money money money, we're in the money! I came into money just now, and I'll need to get me some TFs. Namely Landmines and future Animated Soundwave. :) 

16. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    Found this @ a local target while picking up some bandages...

[​IMG]

It's called Bye-bye Boo Boo and is some type of ice pack.

17. ShadowStitch

I will wear this everywhere.

Also of note:

RWC K-mart has 4x Incinerator, 2x Evac, and 2x Offroad ironhide, though at their inexplicably high price of 21.99.... :p  No animated aberrations. ;)  They also had some old joes: Shipwreck, elite troopers, and snake eyes.

RWC TRU : doesn't have a whole lot to write home about, but they DO have about a dozen assorted Leader Nightwatch Prime and Desert Brawl, along with about 40 "Screen Battles", some of every type. Tempting, but not for 20$.

RWC Big Lots: seems to have pared down their bootleg toy department considerably. They do have some easter baskets with terrible multicolor gundam knockoffs in them, and the candy machines at the front have surprisingly cool little vinyl battletech knockoffs for 50¢. The one I got has joints at the waist and arms -- more articulation than most Mcfarlane figures. Haha!

18. topnotch97

hey Shadowstitch! your TRU redwood city has those GI Joe comic packs! i grabbed some.

sorry to infiltrate your area. LOL!!!

19. ShadowStitch

Hah, it's quite alright, it's not only my stomping grounds alone!

I usually just look for stuff that interests me, and casually report other stuff like joes or whatnot. Which is why it helps when people post specific things they're looking for, so I know EXACTLY what to keep an eye open for.

Me, I don't know one G.I. Joe from another...hence why I lurk at TRANSFORMER WORLD. ;) 

20. Master Sing

Master Sing G1 OG

I managed to go... got to see where all the WM exclusives were at and managed to get 2 of 'em for 25... which only nets the scalpers about a $1.50 profit per fig... saved me time and gas though, so it was worthwhile... also came up on some more Commemeratives for 25 bucks a wop... lol at scalpers selling CC Bumblebee for $10!