California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    There’s probably a wealth of geodata being generated by your mobile apps when you go on the hunt. Someone somewhere is probably assessing what drives foot traffic into stores and trying to leverage that somehow. Retailer exclusives like MPMs and G1 re-issues are probably aimed at a specific demographic income bracket, age group, and limiting online sales drives in-store traffic even further. They are probably able to determine to some extend how far outside of your personal geo you are willing to travel for the opportunity to purchase something perceived as “exclusive.” This is also probably not aimed specifically at us, but aggregated to judge the success of certain strategies or to inform future ones to drive foot traffic. This is how brick and mortar is fighting against online sales.
    Honestly, I would much prefer having the option to purchase online and pickup in store. I would much rather plan a trip around that knowing I have something good to pick up. It saves on shipping and probably would be better for the retailer in terms of logistics.

• Like Like x 3
  2. darkshot8

darkshot8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got grimlock at calvine target in sacramento. There was only one there, but the target person said they would be putting more out.

3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Not yet. OC seems to have gotten them.

4. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're also switching the DPCI. I just bought Grimlock. His DPCI is 087-06-0511 on the website, but he scans using the general leader assortment DPCI 087-06-5842 on the receipt.

5. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    Others please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think this is strictly speaking a DPCI change. Specific figures within a wave to this point have had a specific DPCI that formerly weren’t functional to use in Brickseek or Popfindr for locating. The specific figure’s DPCI has currently been working only on in-store tablets and in having Team Members search for the wave for you.

Whole classes, as Soupy pointed out do have their own DPCI and some through multiple waves. These do not appear in the app. They were usually usable in the 3rd party stock trackers and appear on receipts, but haven’t been working in 3rd party trackers recently.

SS86 Grimlock is unique because he is his own wave. I’m guessing his specific DPCI (not the class DPCI) won’t work in future waves.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 8h3eZy

8h3eZy Well-Known Member

Yes, Triceraton Infantry/Roadkill Rodney 2pk was restocked at both Pasadena Targets. Same goes for Traag/Granitor and Zarax/Zork. I saw 3 of the Triceraton/Rodney, and my friend saw at least 10.

7. alkamist

alkamist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Walmart is doing their reset now and so most of them I have gone to also have barren shelves. Sometimes they even have the planogram paperwork posted so you can tell where stuff is eventually going to be stocked.

8. alkamist

News Credits:
    Yeah, luckily I haven’t been hit with any release date drama where the system won’t let you check out which is what we saw earlier with some previous Siege figures that didn’t make sense when they were showing up at tons of other retailers already.

Early on with Kingdom when Target first started getting them I did get some incorrect information from some clerks saying they wouldn’t put them out until a certain date, but then went back a few days after and found out there were remnants of the case on the shelf. I was a little sore about that...to say the least!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ahchu

ahchu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing at Target Vallejo morning. Went back after lunch hoping they did a late morning restock but all they put up were some McFarlane DC figures.

10. alkamist

News Credits:
    Unless things have changed, Popfindr and Brickseek have been mostly non functional for me using either the specific DPCI or the assortment DPCI.

Only way that I have found favorable is to have the store clerk check for you. I exclusively use the assortment DPCI since those will point to SS 86 or Kingdom since that‘a the bulk of what most stores are getting now. With the exception of the previous Studio Series Deluxe waves SS-52 with Chromia, Arcee, Elita-1 3 pack and NOT the current SS 86 Deluxe wave people are looking for.

Understanding that some stores will also have inaccurate counts. For example, Pittsburg Target consistently shows 3 Leader SS figures, but you go there and they have nothing on the shelf. So unless somebody tells you differently I wouldn’t waste my time checking that store! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Gepard created this image to use at Target's price scanners to check availability. Didn't have a chance to test it myself. I did a screenshot but you can find the originals in the Oregon sighting thread from this morning.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. tfdubbs

tfdubbs Well-Known Member

Those do work, but are only helpful on the newer price check machines that use a large color LCD. The older black and white ones won’t tell you anything except where that item is normally stocked.

Unfortunately the majority of stores near me use the latter type...

13. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the shoutout; the original is actually in this thread. (And the Target DPCI thread.)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Verkk

Verkk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4 thrusts at target pacific commons fremont.

15. Cheetimus Prime

Cheetimus Prime Lost Spark

News Credits:
    In regards to Target blocking Popfindr and Brickseek:

Think about what was released just before these issues really got bad. PS5 and Series X. Those sites were used like crazy. Enough for popfindr to tell these people directly to stop treating the employees like shit.

The video game scalpers ruined it for everyone.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing at San Jose Target on Capitol

17. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Thanks, Guess I'll take a trip to my old home turf tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  18. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

Was that today or just recently?

19. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron I'm a transformers fan, duh

Instagram:
    Redding target and walmart have nothing new, what a surprise

20. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    So much for February first street date. No dice in most of the Bay Area today for SS86.
    Maybe all you jokers asking for stuff in the back left nothing to stock.

• Like Like x 2