California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. EKSOBITION

EKSOBITION im a kidult

Instagram:
    ok, yeah i figured. Im curious if retailers are just holding off on putting more generations out on the floor until they can get rid of most of the AOE stuff first.

2. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

they only care about the movie line

3. FiendForTF

FiendForTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    here is a great deal if it has not been mentioned already.

>TF4 Leaders at Target on sale for $42.74
    >Take 1, 2, or how ever many you want to customer service
    >tell them they're $34.05 on Walmart.com, they'll look up on their iPad and will price match
    >also 10% off with Target Cartwheel App
    >another 5% off if you have a red card

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    Hoo boy - Burbank TRU and Target have both taken a step backwards - they've put out Wave 1 legends - as in the discs for Soundwave and Blaster :( 

5. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah stores are restocking the data disks for some reason and that's really weird...

6. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    Nice you were near my area. Yessir, they've been on shelves there for weeks now. Same at Galleria and Eagle Rock Targers, and Los Feliz TRU.

7. fullauto223

fullauto223 Maximal

Hello California Transformers Fans! My name is John and I just moved here from New Mexico. Im in Ridgecrest and trying to get settled with my new home AND also get some sweet bots for my collection. I will try to check out the threads more so than usual and keep and eye out. One quick question, is AOE Prime leader class or 1st ED the way to go or should an opt out be viable option? Im trying only to get just the Dinobots and maybe a few of the Autobots. I already got evasion prime and love it but like a lot of us I am hesitant on the revamped prime. Thanks guys. Later

8. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

the aoe leader prime is pretty good but not as good as rotf leader primes due to it's simplistic design. there are different repaints coming so you might want to look at those too. an aoe leader 2 pack featuring grimlock and prime is coming. they are painted differently.

it's funny how some targets have like 10 soundblasters now. it's like hasbro is saying, 'hey remember when soundblaster was hard to find? well here's your damn soundblasters!'

9. Primacronus

News Credits:
    Welcome to California! Hope you enjoy your new home and the California Community.

10. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    Welcome!

I owned the Generations Leader Optimus and eventually ended up returning it. It was a decent figure despite the backpack, and the poseability was surprisingly good. For my own tastes, it just seemed a little too skinny. Owning a couple of the ROTF leader mold may have spoiled me. If you absolutely must have a leader figure of Optimus for this movie, this is probably the best at the moment. It's always possible they could release a new mold, but it's unlikely in the near future. I'd say that the CGI model is solid in a way that the current leaders can't capture and still remain poseable, transformable toys.

I would check the feedback/review threads for this mold and the First Edition to get a better idea. Most pass on the First Edition, due to its aesthetics, relative simplicity and high price.

11. fullauto223

fullauto223 Maximal

Thanks a bunch guys! Sounds great, hopefully a 3rd party would make a more accurate mold that does transform.

12. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Welcome! I'd make that out tho as the truck is western star. Some people dont understand that the new AOE line isn't for them but for kids to. Get the new AOE prime hes really good, good alt mode,good bot mode, good articulation! He's pretty good and way better then leader iron hide,Jetfire,m1 prime!

13. Primacronus

News Credits:
    In no way is he superior to Leader Ironhide and Jetfire.

Like at all...

14. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not even close. Not as good as Movie 2007 Prime, either. Frankly it's insulting that they're trying to pass off something with Voyager-level engineering as a Leader just because it's big and has chrome on it. I get pretty much every Leader class figure (because I like big bots and I cannot lie), but I passed on AoE Prime and Grimlock. I just don't want those things in my collection.

15. fullauto223

fullauto223 Maximal

Totally. I do agree that they are trying to market towards kids and a new fan base that cant quite fully grasp a lot of transformations just to get a limb out of place with these new "change in only X steps" and the gimmick changers that flip open. I just want an AWESOME Transformer that looks Totally Badass. Im a simple kinda man really

16. Primacronus

News Credits:
    Perhaps you are looking for the elegance of a Masterpiece Transformer? Or the complete badassery of the ROTF line? What series are you the biggest fan of?

17. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    Shhh. Be careful with that word "simple". Hasbro's Transformers team seems obsessed with it nowadays. :) 

I get that every new movie and movie line is meant to bring in new fans, and that EVERY Transformer toy (with the possible exception of MPs) is meant to have some kid appeal. But this new slant towards "number of step" paranoia is a little odd. When the designers themselves say that the Generations line is directed at collectors, I don't know why the simplification has to carry to those as well.

It could also be the inexperience of the new designers (IIRC, most of the more experienced designers have moved on) that's causing this adjustment period, in which case I'll give some understanding. I really wish Hasbro would give more info on which designers are responsible for what.

18. fullauto223

fullauto223 Maximal

I actually have the first MP of Optimus and I recently got Thundercrakcer. Im waiting to get an Ultra Magnus though. I also love the ROTF Prime that I picked up a few years back. Im currently seeking generations Rattrap and maybe an old Inferno and the spiders from Beast Wars off of ebay. I never got a chance to get Tarantulas and Blackarachnia and my Inferno head broke clean off days after I got him. Im also doing some really cool stuff with Lego Digital Designer and making some fully posable and transformable lego bots. I got scourge from RID down and done, just need to check my collection of legos and see what I need to order to get him built. But for now I wanna get the AOE Dinobots and some generations figures.

19. Primacronus

News Credits:
    Nice collection! Awesome sauce :) 

You'll have no problem finding the Dinobots here, they're literally everywhere.

20. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    No you just hate AOE. Leader iron hide has less artictualatuon then G1 sound wave Optimus's head has more detail the leadermironhode also same with jetfire.