California Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by kpassman, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Toxin715

Toxin715 Well-Known Member

They checked in front of me, its in their computers database but not in warehouse which means hopefully socal will get them next week =/

2. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Yep I got a infraction lol

3. Tbone

Tbone Well-Known Member

I could care less about the moderator, this guy is an a-hole.

4. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found these guys in Modesto

[​IMG]

5. cdavid3

cdavid3 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fremont Pacific Commons Target fully stocked this morning.

[​IMG]

6. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And new custom kreo

[​IMG]

7. BaronV

BaronV MonsterOfTheWeek.com

Anyone know what the 6-digit TRU code for the MP Grimlock is so I can have an employee check their store inventory? I have a relative working there that can check the system for me but they're asking for the code to look it up in their system.

8. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

New leader class is so tiny

9. Scrap

Scrap Spybot

The guy is a genuine 100% scumbag. How do I know? He was the guy who was credited for the first sighting of the figures on the front page (which has now been removed, more on that in a second). He found six in his first store, bought them up, and claimed under the thread about it that he was buying them "for collector friends" in his area to sell at MSRP, all the while dismissing claims from others that he was probably going to scalp them.
    Well, now he has TEN of them, which means he clearly went to ANOTHER store and wiped those out too.

In the seller thread, the admin admits that he was hiding behind loopholes in the rules about selling via the board, reporting dissenters and what he was doing to sell them (at TRIPLE the cost) was really low.

As such, I believe the admins removed his finder's article and his credit for finding them because of his snake-oil tactics.

He is exactly what this board doesn't need.

10. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

he was selling them at $250 and called it a good price for his fellow collectors. i bet he has more than 10 and just said 10. he's probably going to keep his whole state dry. why he hasn't been banned i'll never know. i don't agree with the mods at all.

11. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    30th Anniversary Figurine and 3D puzzle packs, new Rescue Bots and Funko Vinyl figs at TRU Winchester.

Those figurines are kinda expensive for something that's like an inch tall ($5.99 for singles and $15.99 for 5, I think. So, might as well get the packs.)

12. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

what does that entale? LOL Hey even the moderator pretty much called the guy a douche.

13. alkamist

alkamist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's Item #500256.

Has anyone else been following the other thread? Waiting for some comparison shots, but it sounds like this version is going to have cheaper plastic, flat grey, and floppy joints. A little disappointing I have to say is this turns out to be true. But why else would Takara's version be $200, and upcoming MP-08X even more, while Hasbro is selling this guy for $60? It's hard to say that this reissue will be as good as the original Hasbro MP.

14. Mister Chief

Mister Chief Banned

Target on E Santa Ana Road has everything, i picked up Scorn, Drift Rider and Slug for him to ride on. I think i only saw one Scorn left but they have everything other than that, oh and are the voyagers $25 now?

15. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes; MSRP for Voyagers is $24.99 now.

16. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for better/clearer pictures, so far everything I've seen hasn't been very compelling. Loose joints might be a bummer but it might be time to try that old Pledge / Future polish trick to tighten them up. Even if the paint apps or plastic are not "as good" as the original, the pix I've seen so far are good enough for me at this price point! Not going to nitpick so much if this is really obtainable for 1/3 the cost of the Takara version.

17. alkamist

News Credits:
    Point taken. For me, I almost want to think of it like I'm getting a KO for this price, but the funny thing is it's Hasbro endorsed! :)  You know how it is...everybody is downsizing, so you get less for the same price point. It's obvious seeing it in the AOE figures, where leaders and deluxe have clearly "shrunk" in size.

18. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whats the going price for a mib takara grimlock (the 1st release)? I might look for a rerelease grimlock depending on the quality, and sell my takara one. Get some extra cash for... more transformers. And beer

19. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Sad, this means we'll never get a leader Ratchet or truck Megatron, at least not the same size as the old leaders. My leader Optimus and Ironhide need company.

20. alkamist

News Credits:
    Not sure, but before the rerelease I believe they were in the $350 mark or usually more. Now the MISB rerelease is $199 and comes with all the original accessories, I can't see how the original release would go for any more than that unless there is something different or majorly better about it? Stiffer joints? Still...