California Blackouts 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sylent, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

• Like Like x 3
  2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's called liability. PG&E is basically terrified of the inkling of a lawsuit if their powerlines caused a fire.

It's stupid but when is big business and utilities not stupid?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Reading some of the articles regarding your blackout.

Comments section in Yahoo articles are a fun read.

4. Sylent

They should be paranoid, especially considering it was discovered that they falsified records in connection with a gas line explosion in San Bruno, CA that killed 8 and injured over 50 back in 2010. A friend lived in that neighborhood, too, so I remember it vividly.

PG&E Falsified Gas Pipeline Safety Records, Regulators Say

I still say it sounds fishy that PG&E would cut power to half the state and hide behind a "wind event" with cool temperatures. There was next to no warning and less than 24 hour notice, so I think something else is afoot. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't heard commercials while listening to sports talk radio urging CA residents to stock up on flashlights, water, canned goods and emergency supplies.

Yep. Lots of conspiracy theorists out there. You should see the Facebook comments.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I don't disagree that PG&E are doing fishy shit. I just don't think it's necessarily a conspiracy. It's much easier to explain that it's just corporate greed getting in the way of everything. Saving pennies by sacrificing safety and such. It's a very common thing in big business. PG&E is shitting the bed hard and that's rolling over into a social panic is most likely

• Like Like x 2
  6. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Yeah, some are wild. I'm certain some are totally absurd due to the bad trolls. But do you think 1 or 2 of them might be on the money? We don't need to discuss which ones, as this is not the place to discuss such things.

While looking up more stuff/news regarding this event during my lunch, I landed on this site:
    How CA Residents can Prepare for PG&E Power Outages in 2019 - PART 1

As the old saying goes, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Hopefully it'll help someone here.

7. Sylent

Some of the theories make sense and have a bit of validity, but most of the comments on Yahoo are extreme right wing trolls looking to pick a fight with the extreme liberal trolls. It's like two groups of children slinging mud at each other.

• Like Like x 2