by CURAMEN FansProject Bruticus - Make the other 3 or just fine the way it is?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Apr 20, 2014.

?

FansProject Bruticus - Make the other 3 or just fine the way it is?

1. FansProject should make the other 3 bots to complete their version of Bruticus...

75.5%
  2. FansProject Bruticus plus Hasbro / Takara Bruticus is fine the way it is...

25.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Let me start by stating that I'm a huge fan of FansProject Bruticus.

At the time of its original release I was amazed on how it transformed a sub-par Hasbro Bruticus into something much more reminiscent of its G1 counterpart.

Back then upgrade kits were all the rage and 3rd Party companies have yet to attempt a full scale combiner.

A few years later 3rd Party companies hit the ground running and soon we got TFC Hercules, MakeToys Giant, TFC Uranos, UT-MMC-TFC Predaking, FansProject Menasor and many more full scale combiner projects in the works!

Which got me thinking...

FansProject Bruticus was technically the first 3rd Party combiner ever made... Would you like to see FansProject make the other 3 bots to complete their version of Bruticus or is it fine as is?

Personally I'm good either way, but I would love to see what FansProject would come up with so I guess I'm leaning towards making the other 3.

I added a poll to this thread just to see what everyone else thinks... Feel free to cast your vote and let us know your thoughts.

2. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simply put, give me!!! I don't care that even for me FP Bruticus was smaller than I'd like. It was the first real showing of a decent combiner and turned a heap of dung into something amazing. It paved the way for toys like TFC Hercules and Matetoys Giant. The only thing I dislike about the set nowadays is the Energon toys. So yes, i'd still go out of my way to invest in upgrades for this toy.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I like what I currently have but I would be tempted and likely buy the other 3 if they made them.

4. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I would buy multiples of the 3 if FP would make them. I had 4 Bruticus just because I liked Explorer and Munitions. l hate that duck footed "Brawl" with all my heart.

5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Needs to be from scratch, not finishing off an old project. It would still be small and use Energon ports----not good enough in the realm of current 3P combiners.

If FP is going to make a new Onslaught/Brawl/Vortex----then they should go ahead and make all five, starting with a clean slate. We all know it'd be amazing, vs hampered by still being Energon-sized/compatible.

An all-new Onslaught alone dictates it'd be better to make 4 new limbs to go with that, than to re-use Munitioner etc.

6. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Yeah I agree. A fresh start is needed. Still keeping my current set no matter what and building Warbotron, but I wouldn't mind inviting a 3rd Bruticus to the shelves

7. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm fine as is. The only one I'd be really interested in is a new Brawl and even then, I'm not sure that'd be an instabuy. Whats there works pretty well.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh god remake them. The set was fine in the day and although I still love it, the set is pretty clearly dated. I'd love to see a new Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex to go with Munitioner and Explorer.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't see much point in FP revisiting the mold. It had its time and I own two of the re-release and still enjoy it a lot. But I don't need three new figures and I'm not sure why they would even care to make them as demand would be small I think, especially given Warbo's Brut which I'm sure will continue to impress as each member releases once people get over the bbts thing.

10. GeoKaiser

GeoKaiser Wardick Zeus

Ebay:
    I still prefer the add-on concept, but realize that the ROTF combaticons don't completely satisfy. My main issue is the size of the newer 3P combiners and have no idea where Feral Rex will even go on my shelf when I get all the parts! I was disappointed that FP didn't put out an add-on for the classics constructicon set too

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  11. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

I would honestly just be happy with a set of heads, and maybe a conversion kit for pcc heavytread.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

man i started this thread a million years ago and got sooo much hate for it. i don't even want anything to do with a fp bruticus anymore, but at the time i was all in on another three bots.

those hasbro energy bots are HORRIBLE.

13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I agree, make the other three. Their blastoff and swindle was great. Screw warbotron. I rather see them make the remaining ones. They did that for Menasor, why not here?

14. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That I'd buy.

15. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doubtful that this will reach Fansproject's very deaf ears, but definitely make their version of the other three. Been asking for this since for ever. Hopefully do a release as a gift set (for those that missed out on version 1 and version 2 of the Colossus set).

16. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    I sold my Bruticus set, but kept the FP figures, so YES if FP did the others, I would definitely be into it!!

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
  18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have been critical of FP.

But I will say Menasor looked sweet.

If they got rid of all the finicky bullshit, and offered a good price with no preorder saving bullshit. Then I would be in for the other three.

To me the two figures they did looked better then Warbotron. If they did things right, they can make it scale right for classics as well.

20. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Fansproject already moved on from Colossus.

I think fans should too. :lol