Minor/Repaint: BW Insecticon into McDonalds Beetle

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Nov 14, 2016.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A pretty simple idea. I repainted the Beast Wars basic-class "Insecticon" toy so that it would resemble the McDonalds Beast Wars "Beetle" toy. Obviously a LOT of artistic liberty was taken, since the lack of details was not my fancy.
    I tried to keep all colours both varied, yet uniform. Sharing many colours throughout the robot mode while keeping each region unique from the next.

I originally painted this figure is more metallic colours to match the show's overly-reflective CGI for robotic parts, whereas the purple for the beetle's body was chosen to be darker for a more realistic look.
    I did leave some of the bright green and dark turqoise plastic unpainted, purely because it seemed pointless to paint them in the exact same colours they already were. As an upside this does mean there's no paint chipping possible from moving any part including the bow's green plastic.

I liked how he came out but...I'm finding he sticks out as a sore thumb in my collection due to his size.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Nice! That little guy was a fav of mine back in the day.

3. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Funny enough it was the only McDonalds BW toy I didn't get as a kid, and here it is the first one I make a tribute to.
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder they say.