BW II & BW Neo, where the hell...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DavidW, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DavidW

DavidW Member

News Credits:
    Ok maybe i'm missing something but is it just me or are people doubting the existance of these series. I encourage anyone please to point me in the right direction of these japanese exclussive series. Many thanks.

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. DavidW

DavidW Member

News Credits:
  4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well the only thing good out of Beast Wars II was Lio Convoy. I thought he was a cool. And Neo was better than BWII. But they were pretty horrible shows. Had some cool toys though.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, they've never been subtitled into English so I can't say for sure, but I hear they are even worse than Super Link. The toys are a lot better than SL/Energon's though.

6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really. I mean, what's there to say? Here's a goofy, Japanese only series, that really has nothing much in common with the main Beast Wars saga.

We talk about the toys all the time. Some of mine (and I'm sure others) favorite beast toys are from those lines. But the fiction doesn't interest me at all, nor many others either. I really doubt many people watched it.

The G1 Japanese stuff gets more attention, just because it's G1. The BW stuff though really doesn't fit anything state-side well. Plus it can be difficult for lots of people to find.

By contract, most people seem to ignore Armada/Energon/Cybertron as well (more so as those 3 series progressed). If people don't like the fiction, we're not gonna talk about it. Rather talk about other things (beyond the initial "god this sucks" bitchfest ;-) )

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've never ignored either series. I'd like to see it in some form, and I'm glad IDW's profile books are working some of it into their canon (although I don't know if I consider it to be the main "series" stuff, it does fill in some history nicely.)

8. DavidW

DavidW Member

News Credits:
    Fair point I guess I dont know though that damn completist in me still needs to see them.

9. KingForm

KingForm Banned

Longrack is one of my favorite TF characters ever.

10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tastes may vary, but I find BW II to be a very fun and charming series.

BW Neo is IMO one of THE best TF shows of all time, and has the HANDS-DOWN best depiction of Unicron of all time.

He destroys Fort Max for gods sake!

I think that even among more enlightened fans, BWII and Neo may suffer a bit from "That's not the show I grew up watching" bias. If nothing else they're both INFINITELY superior shows to Carrobots/RID, and that awful series gets all kinds of love.

D/L

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    My BWNeo Collection disagrees with you. :tongue: 

Personally, I liked BWNeo, but thought BWII was a bit kiddishly vanilla, not that either were great works, but I was entertained by BWNeo and liked the format.

Both lines put out some good toys, but Big Convoy is one of my favorite toys of all time.