BW #2 (Warning: Spoilers Present)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Acid Wing, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Man, I really want to get this series, but my comic shop sold out of the first two issues. Does anyone know of a good online retailer that has them in the US?

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Uhm... idwpublishing.com? :p 

3. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

Another excellent issue, I really wish they would take this more than 4 issues. It's nice to see what happened with all those blank slates that had been left there by Primal and Megatron.

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Out of all the non-show BW maximals, I never thought about Razorbeast as a "leader"... and I'm f*ing loving Razorbeast so far.

I'll have to dig up the toy, 'cause Razorbeast is da man!

If you count Infiltration, it's more than 2 issues.

Simon must be having Grimlock-withdrawal-sympton by now. :D 

But, IIRC, Grimlock should make an appearance by issue 4.

-airfox

5. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

www.midtowncomics.com has pretty much every TF comic that has come from IDW, including the variants. Last I looked, only the Prime cover to Infiltration #0 was sold out.

6. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

hmmm... sounds like this story is pretty good with fantastic art to boot! Since there will undoubtedly be cameos by the show Maximals and Predacons, will there be any interaction at all with the new cast?

If I remember correctly, wasn't the Dreamwave mini going to fill the gap between Beast Wars and Beast Machines? If so, how much of that plot has influenced the current series, because I remember that Magmatron was going to be the big baddy in that one too.

In fact, for a future idea, Magmatron vs. Megatron would be an awesome fight scenario!

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got it. its gravy.

8. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

What was going on with Snarl at that one point? He looked like he was phasing out, due to the displacement or something.

Also, Scavenger not being the same bot as Inferno makes me a little sad, since that was how I always saw the toy.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Snarl was cloaking/using his stealth mode.

10. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

This is my first interaction with any beast wars material, and thus far I am enjoying it. Personally the G1 references float my boat.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got it today. Still loving the series.

As I mentioned before, I loved G1, but frankly, I've moved on. It's nice to get an original story rather than a re-hash of Megatron/Optimus, Primus/Unicrons conflicts.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank-you DON and Simon.

Each issue takes me back to when i bought each of these toys and opens the floodgates to a lot of old, but good memories. :) 

I cought the Skyfire in the ice, but missed the meaning of the Predacon Icons untill this thread.

Story and Art are excellent and I look forward to more BW books in the future.

My only real comment is with Razorbeast leading. I'm getting a Rattrap feel from him that he'd rather sombody else take the headaces of leadership from him. I'm hoping it'll be Polar Claw.

Speaking of leaders, I noticed Magna Boss MIA. Is he going to be around in the future, or are the reuse of the names Prowl and Silverbolt holding him back from the story cause of the show Silverbolt and the TM2 Prowl we saw in this issue.

13. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

These bw issues rock hard but I have one question, where is the skyfire on ice part?

14. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    It's found in the panel beneath the Torca one. You see Polar Claw in beast mode trudging through the snow and on the left side, there is a piece of Jetfire's wing stuck in ice.:) 

15. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Maybe they want to keep them as the Maximal equivalent of the tripredicus Council, who were shown, but not with their Beast forms. There's a chance they may be the same characters as their G1 namesakes if theydo show up.

16. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

it's interesting to see that spittor is in his original form instead of the TM2 form, same with Cybershark and Iguanus. Also, did Scourge, Nightglider, and Sonar make an appearance? I'll have to double check. It's also nice to see Torca as an imposing character, his bio always made the toy more infinetly more interesting to me. An Infantry General, "A grand and wise warrior, Torca commands immense respect from his fellow Maximals." I love the series so far.

17. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Finally seen the jetfire wing. Cool stuff. Loved the g1 predacon symbols also. Keep up the great work guys!

18. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Scourge is the far right side of the first page within the big group of Preds, and Nightglider and Sonar appear in beast form with other flyers (kind of funy seeing a hammerhead soar through the air).

19. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I just got the issue! I loved Razorbeast's comment to Magmatron:

"Magmatron, for once in your miserable life, put up or shut up!"

Then he buries him under a ton of rock! Talks tough and thinks his way through a fight... I like Razorbeast!

Still enjoying Don's art, and the first new Beast Wars in a while. There's a ton of new characters to get to know here, though I'm sure we won't get to them all.

20. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

I'll preface this by saying I dig this series a lot and can't wait for the next issue. As much as I like seeing all thes non-show characters get some play, there is no reasoning at all included in why certain characters are original/Fuzor/Transmetal/Transmetal 2.

From issue 2, it appears that Magamtron and his crew adopted their beast modes prior to leaving Cyberton, so it makes sense that they'd be in original, organic-looking beast forms. The Fuzors, I guess, could be explained by malfunctioning stasis pods, so I'll give them a pass. Because of the quantum surge though, all the stasis pods on Earth should have released Transmetals. Every stasis pod post-quantum surge (Optimus Primal, Rampage, Transmutate, Silverbolt and Quickstrike-the evidence is there) was Transmetal, as was Depth Charge once he emerged from his ship after the DNA scan. Finally, none of them should be Transmetal 2s because that was just a hybrid technology developed by Megatron that only affected Transformers that made contact with energy from the Transmetal 2 driver (with the exception of Megatron's dragon form and Tigerhawk, which are inexplicable).

I love seeing the mix of characters, but it really makes no sense.