Buzzworthy Bumblebee Worlds Collide 4-pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rhinox555, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I managed to snag a loose Fangry from this set off of Evilbay from the US, seeing as it doesn't look like this set will be showing up in the UK (happily to be proven wrong). I had a mild interest in the Blackarachnia (mostly to swap the beast legs with Kingdom BA) but otherwise only wanted Fangry.

The head is a little bobble-headish, which I'll take apart and fix with superglue, but otherwise he's perfect QC wise, robot legs are decent at holding him up, and nothing falls apart, all clips together solidly for both modes. I have a spare Mindwipe blaster somewhere that I might dig out and spray black for him.

I have all the previous uses of this mold, Twinferno, Repugnus and Grotusque, and Fangry is my absolute favourite, so glad I picked him up, he just has so much personality. He just looks awesome, the colours pop, he looks mean. I know next to nothing about the character before getting the TR mini figure but as soon as I saw this I knew I had to try and get it.

Really hope they do Horri-bull and Squeezeplay, and hope they're easier to come by than Fangry... A two pack maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I almost got this set a few days ago.....but I decided to hold off (Victory Saber took Priority..... now that it’s over I could splurge again when I can) until this coming pay period (again, Victory Saber topped a Repaint/ Retool Set for the time being)

3. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

So take it from someone who owns it... (or more precisely, who forgot this was even in the 4 pack)

The Allspark is the stealthiest d20 known to man.

It's so tiny and likes to hide behind whatever nook and cranny you left it in.

Put it in a plastic baggie and place it somewhere in plain sight. You WILL lose the Allspark. Now you know how the Transformers felt about looking for the darn thing, which plays into its RPG roots. The d20 will win if you let it.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    All D20's possess the soul of a serial killer in them. I thought all dice rollers knew that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. UltimaFortress

UltimaFortress Member

Got the set for Fangry and the Blackarachnia arm swap, but I’ve gotta say, I love the deco on Nemesis Primal. At first there wasn’t really a spot for him in my collection, but then I remembered another black repaint with a retooled head, and I think they look cool together. 7200E775-4A96-4E0B-9912-98381F8BA272.jpeg Sins of the father

• Like Like x 4
  6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Got my set back in August but just opened it tonight.

Primal - Love the colors. Already was a fan of this mode, but these colors have me smitten.

Bumblebee - This is my second version of this mold in the last week (SG Goldbug being the other) and the... 6th? overall in my possession, and I don't get tired of it. This really is a solid figure, and as a hybrid G1/Bay Bumble, or perhaps Bumper?, this works nicely. I already have NF, but this gets the color and logo right. Army green is a weird color for his gun though.

Blackarachnia - Thinking this will be Tarantula, a fembot counterpart to Tarantulas from an alternate universe. Really nice colors on the deco. Joints are smidgen looser than I like, but not really floppy. Only drawback is the colors don't hide some of the design issues the way black did. Still one of the more solid deluxe beasties.

Fangry - Eh. Works as Fangry. Tolerances are bad as others have said. My first experience with this mold, and I can't say I'm impressed, but I don't really expect much from a Fangry either. Given the reviews I was actually expecting worse.

7. UltimaFortress

UltimaFortress Member

I like that the original TR Fangry can act as a little familiar for himself, realized this as I was messing with them earlier 2CD3A13D-11AE-4270-906E-7B5D3BB731EE.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sharkysharky

Sharkysharky Well-Known Member

Has this damn thing ever been available for shipping on the Target site ?

9. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I only ever saw this set once in the wild and I picked that one up. Never saw it anywhere since, but have seen the other Buzzworthy sets multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
  10. VVa

VVa I play to win, and I'm not a good loser.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    A lot of people seem to be shitting on Bee pretty hard for this set, but honestly he’s the only one I wanted from the 4. Yeah, I get that this mold has been used a LOT. But as for someone who’s never had a G1-ish Bee, I love it.
    It may even be heresy to say, but him not being a VW Beetle is what enticed me even further to seek him out by himself. 3791A5C1-46FE-4F09-A206-C7ED5C88F601.jpeg A8148464-61F4-4203-9913-5F8FF23F3B98.jpeg CFA805B1-55C8-462A-9DF5-0C8DE574A15D.jpeg
    I just think he’s neat. :) 
    Edit: okay I realized after uploading this that it made no sense for me to paint his headlights red, so I just repainted em.
    EFAA99C2-8E01-4589-8631-99CB1AC6A866.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

I has netflix bee and this was not an G1 Bee to me. Plus the other 2 where unknown to me. I bought Nemesis Optimus Primal separately on ebay for $40 cuz that's the only figure I wanted out of the set. But I'm glad you enjoy this version of Bee.

12. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

A friend of mine got the set to swap the spider legs and feet with Kingdom BA, and generously let me have the parts-swapped Toyarachnia which is the only one from the set I'd wanted (and had planned to swap out the spider legs and on-sell regular BA 'cos the black legs work better on the toy-deco version IMO). I don't have the Kingdom version and had never experienced it before. My 'regular' Blackarachnia is an LG BA with swapped spider legs from the standard Animated release, which I still like a lot and didn't really want to replace.

She's great. The black spider legs and eeevil headsculpt really give her a sinister vibe, the black robot feet make the spider mode look super-creepy (with the green under-mandible bits looking like venom-sacs), the engineering is really clever (now I see why people have been saying so many Kingdom figures are 'mini-Masterpieces'), robot mode is super-expressive, and I love the colour layout and mix of leopard-print bra and sort-of tiger-stripes along her arms and legs. About the only thing missing IMO are some extra purple highlights on the feet, which I'm going to do once I have a chance to get a right-coloured purple Sharpie. Swapping the legs and feet made my friend's Kingdom BA look much better as well.

The only real issue I'm having is that I cannot for the life of me get her gun plugged in in beast mode. It looks to me like the extra paint has made the pegs too thick to really fit in the elbow slots. Not a huge issue but I'd like the weapon storage option if I could.

She's not going to suit everyone's taste, but I think she rocks.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021