Buying Transformers toys in Eastern Europe

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RetroPedro, Dec 29, 2019.

1. RetroPedro

RetroPedro Member

Hello, I am having a difficult time finding Transformers toys that I want to collect. Here in Eastern Europe (Romania to be more precise) I can only find Cyberverse and Bay-verse Figurines for most of the time. Rarely I can stumble upon toys that I do want to collect. Thing is, I don't want to simply display my Transformers Robots, but to use them in my stop-motion animations. So my question is: What can I do?
    I would also like to hear if anybody is in the same situation as me and reply if they were able to fix it. Or if they have a solution in their mind.

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

EBay or online stores maybe your best option.
    We miss a lot of stuff in Ireland too.

3. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d suggest comic book stores. I was impressed with Comics Point at the Palladium in Prague and I seem to recall Budapest having some nice comic shops with western toys.

There will be more statues and super-hero toys but I think they could point you in the right direction or special order figures at a larger comic book store.

If you’re looking at buying them online, I think Germany, Russia, China, and Israel would have good selections. Russia seems to have a healthy Transformers fandom and I’ve noticed they seem to get a lot of exclusives like PotP Wreck-Gar which are harder to find in much of Europe.

EDIT: if you have a large wishlist, it honestly might be worth heading into London and shipping yourself back a big box before Brexit finalizes. One of the problems you’ll have in general, however, is that the Leu like many Eastern European countries seems managed to bring foreign money in and protect the export economy. It won’t spend very well outside of Romania. So maybe a comics shop is your best option if Big Bad Toy Store’s shipping is too high.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I buy everything online myself.
    I can recommend Gerrutcamaro, TFRobots and Actionfiguren24.

5. RetroPedro

RetroPedro Member

Such as?

6. RetroPedro

RetroPedro Member

Right. Though I am happy that I can find Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Deluxe figures (both online and in different shops). At least I can improvise with these figures, so I can then say that I have a somewhat Transformers G1 collection.

7. RetroPedro

RetroPedro Member

I will give them a shot. For now though, in terms of online shopping, I want to buy at least once from the Big Bad Toy Store.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Every Masterpiece
    Every G1 reissue
    Titans Return Twintwist
    Titans Return Blitzwing
    Titans Return Brainstorm
    TR Misfire
    TR Slugslinger
    TR Fortress Maximus
    Titans Return Siege on Cybertron set
    Titans Return Velocitron box set
    POTP Hun-gurrr
    POTP Rippersnapper
    POTP Optimus Primal
    Siege Red Wing
    Siege Rainmakers
    Siege Skywarp
    Siege Ironhide
    Siege Ratchet
    Siege Micromaster Ten pack
    Many CHUG figures over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe try Robot Kingdom instead. They are based out of the UK so shipping might be cheaper.

10. PizdoKarina69

PizdoKarina69 Well-Known Member

Hello my dear neighbour, I am from Serbia, i myself shop at Big Bad Toy Store which are very correct with the prices and services. They have great support so whatever you need they'll answer and help you trough e-mail.
    I always chose economy shippment and figure arrives within a month. As I said, their prices are correct, but in reality i almost pay the double price because of import fees, for example i paid Kingdom Wheeljack 24.99$ plus 8$ for international shipping at Economy level, and this all is great and leading to 33$ =29,64euros, and import fee devastated me, 20% of the total price of the imported product. On smaller classes and prices it isn't so much, but now i ordered Legacy Blitzwing which is 75$ and for iport fee i will spend around 30 euros only, and i've also spent around 70 euros for 105$ plus ship 30$ worth product (Optimus Prime plus Megatron 2pack since there was no Optimus in the entire world to order XD).
    So you can see and say that BBTS is pretty reasonable with prices, the fees i have to pay it's the problem of our country policies. I also must say in the praise of BBTS that when i reported a really unnoticable crack on figure, which is caused by me, they returned all of the money in worth of the product's price without shipment, and I mentioned that I caused the damage.

Our market is too pretty poor with selection of Transformers figures, mostly Cyberverse and knock-offs, lately i am seeing Legacy deluxes and Voyagers, such as Wildrider and Soundwave, but cost much more than they should because of import fees and policies. For example Wildrider costs 4500 RSD which is 38,39 Euros, robbery.