Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. nicklocking

nicklocking Well-Known Member

Got to be a new record for Taobao shipping: Kicked off the process on Friday around midday, it's now 10am Tuesday and the order's at my door in California.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

For Cainiao, if you ordered from different sellers and have them send to Cainiao address, how long does Cainiao allows you to wait for all the orders to reach them before you have to ship them out? 90 days?

3. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes free storage period is 90d with a fee/day after

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

consolidation or direct shipping from taobao or did you use the cainiao route? i take it was air.

i still cant read cainaio app easily.. but i can see my eta to aus is a lil less than a month this time via a boat. about normal. hard to pass on sea when it was like 20 bucks vs 100 by air..

5. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What? o_O  Is sea shipping to AUS using actual weight?? (like they should)

6. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

i seem to get hit with volumetric.. thats 20 aud (13 USD) - larger shaped boxes but light weight. shipping diy pc case chassis n other tech stuff.. one ko combiner wars figure. cheaper to ship from china than its is domestically

7. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Only Air is weight. Surface is all 3 side mm dimensions (w x h x l) / 6000. If the weight is heavier, they'll charge by the weight for surface. Unless it's gold :D , it rarely happens.

8. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

618 is coming. Does the TFs sellers on Taobao usually have big discounts or vouchers on these "sales" events?

9. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    618 already started on 5/20.

It's not that good for TFs or 3Ps, there's a platformwide 50 off 300RMB but TF sellers that participate tend to magically raise their prices to offset it. Things that actually get discounted are KOs, older hasbro and 3Ps already on clearance.

There are bank promos and codes specific to Singapore and Malaysia so maybe Australia too, I'll let your fellow Aussies answer that. My savings mainly come from these country specific promos but they've been dialing it down every year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

Manage to get a few orders delivered, thinking of getting some POs with the same sellers.

But can I clarify exactly at which step do you contact the CS to change the price? Suppose the listing have the option contact CS change price and I select that option - the next step would already be making payment and it will be processed. At this is what happened for the in stock orders I made. So at which point can I get the CS to change the price ?

11. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Place your order but don't pay for it. It'll be in pending payment mode.

12. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

Hmm I might be missing something but how do you place the order without paying. at the order page there is only the ”去支付” button and once I click it, my credit card will be charged and they will tell me the payment is successful. If I don’t click, the order is not placed. There is no 2 steps here.

Do I select an “invalid” payment method to prevent payment? Or something it’s something else ?

*edit - got it, use the web version to place the order

Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
  13. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, place the order using the website ver then back out of paying.

If you are using the app, you'll can only do this when selecting alipay method (blue 支 icon), other newer international payment methods are missing the 'X' button on the payment popup. The problem with this you can only pay in CNY which may or may not be significant.

• Like Like x 1
  14. minstral

News Credits:
    It's a two step process on the website.

For those of us in Australia, the seller can't change the price so I ask them to create one for the exact value, or I find another item in their store for the same amount

15. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

Can I check with you guys how do you go about maximizing the shipping cost on CAINIAO? I just realized my 2nd shipment is significantly higher than the first shipment. Probably because there was some discount on the first time shipment?

16. minstral

News Credits:
    If you don't mind waiting to send multiple items at once, that's the main way to maximise shipping cost. You pay XX yuan for the first .5KG and X yuan for every .5kg after that. So sending multiple items ends up saving a lot versus sending lots of items separately.

I have seen vouhcers in the app and occassionally I click on the options to see if there's anything that can be used. There may be other methods but that's all I'm aware of

17. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could your 2nd shipment be charged by volumetric weight? Aus rates are still using the larger of two policy, right? (actual vs volumetric weights)

18. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I realized my first shipment was about 2.5 kg and 2nd shipment is 7.2 kg. Maybe that why the drastic increase.

A question, when you do a PO, do the seller actual do a “ship out”? I have one PO which the seller is shipped out, is it just a dummy shipment?

19. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For full payment POs they'll ship when it's out.

For deposit+balance POs, you'll need to "confirm receipt" 确认收货 the deposit's dummy shipment. Alipay holds your payment as escrow until you do that. You can also let the timer run out(2 week), though if there's stock cut, they may do FCFS based on when alipay released the deposit not when you order.

• Like Like x 1
  20. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

First time buying on taobao but they won't accept my payment for shipping even though that's how they accepted it for the original payment. The message says that "International bank cards are not supported for current transactions." How do I pay for shipping then?