Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seems there some issue/suspicious with your account, that's why u were asked to use the QA code (looks like u need to install Taobao app on your mobile to scan the code)

2. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I might have seen this QR code screen before. The 'suspicious' activity is that you login from a (vastly?) different location.

I think I saw it when I login while on VPN.

You'll need to use TaoBao app to get past this.

I don't rem needing to scan the code. If you are logged in the TaoBao app, it'll prompt you if you want to grant access.

3. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    From memory, I think to use the Taobao App you use your username, password and some 2FA authentication with possibly a SMS code to input.

Once you have the app and logged in, there's a QR code scan option on the top left somewhere that you use to scan the QR code on the desktop browser. That should get you logged in. I had to log in with a QR code a few times on a browser and after a while I don't have to login at all. Seems the cache / cookies is enough for Taobao to verify me.

4. buttheaditron

buttheaditron Active Member

What are people using to translate the app?

5. xueyue2

News Credits:
    That's a good question. I don't know anything can translate that app, the UI is too "fancy" (not in a good way) even native Chinese reader like me can get lost.

6. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

You may need to translate just a few screens. To get past them, you get screen capture them and use image translation tools on the web.

7. minstral

News Credits:
    I did a walkthrough of the app UX, as to how to consolidate. I was on a customer service chat for a while to figure it out. I now navigate from memory but yes it's a very dense experience.

I'll see if I can find the PDF I did and maybe someone with great thread searching skills can find my original post

8. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Just logged in to Taobao for the first time in over two years. On a whim, I checked listings for FT's constructicons...every single one that I click has this statement "Official transfer is not supported"

upload_2024-4-18_16-3-2.png

I've never seen that message before. Has some new feature been introduced that I need to toggle to enable transfer? Or something else? It's the first time I'm seeing that.

9. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

Went to use superbuy for an item to sus out an unrated seller on taobao selling WJ predaking. Anywho, superbuy no longer accepts paypal. Apparently pandabuy, another agent was raided a week or so ago and had tons of chargebacks. Superbuy suspended paypal a few days ago and now claims paypal china is requiring a large deposit and SB will no longer be accepting paypal as an option since they wont pay that deposit .

• Like Like x 2
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, yeah last week they were saying they were just gonna increase the PayPal fee 5%. Looks like they’re trying to get people on stripe now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reminder that Guangdong province got hit by tornado and floods over the weekend, and China is on holiday from 1/5 to 5/5. Not a good week for shopping.

12. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

I’m abit confused here

Do you still enter your name and phone number when keying the cainiao address in taobao? How do they know that the items are yours if you send it to cainiao address?

13. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, part of the info you copy over from the CN app is a fake name and the warehouse's phone number, the local couriers use it to communicate with them so you definitely need to put these in.

There is a identification code in the address they give you to copy in brackets e.g. (SG0123456) or whatever format the aus version is. Another thing you shouldn't omit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I might have missed it but do you then have to pay Cainiao delivery charges to send the item to you ? Once the Taobao seller send the item to the Cainiao address then it will eventually appears that there is a parcel to be send to you?

15. minstral

News Credits:
    Yes, even if you don't use the Cainiao App, you have to pay to get the item shipped to you from the warehouse.

16. TFDIRECT

TFDIRECT TFDIRECT

Don't be a bother, just let me know what figure you want to purchase on taobao. I can help.

17. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Bhiner is really bad. I used it for about 1 year, around 10+ packages. They lost 2, and refused to give any compensation on the 1st one.
    For the 2nd package, initially they would say "we will check for your package status"... after 1 year, (the 2nd lost package was sent on March 2024), they just ignored my message now.

18. Kung Fu Roo

Anyone having issues on taobao desktop?

last night while i was going through stores just browsing, normal item listings started to have qr codes prompting me to use mobile. now its like that on 100% of items. now it says "This product needs to scan the QR code to purchase on mobile Taobao." i prefer to order on desktop since its easier and my translator app works well enough.

so now i cant get any product info, correct pricing or add anything to cart on desktop without scanning the QR code and going to the app on mobile.

i can place orders on items already in my shopping cart, just cant add any new ones on desktop.
    have to add item on mobile for it to show up in desktop cart now.

have noticed slightly better pricing on mobile app vs desktop app on pc components. maybe getting a better search on the app. idk.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
  19. Kung Fu Roo

dont mark up 100+% and i would

20. TFDIRECT

TFDIRECT TFDIRECT

LOL. Don't worry. I won't.