Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Do you mean the TaoBao app? Can you log into TaoBao app using AliPay credentials?

The slider is a test of dexterity. :D  Just don't lift your finger until you are sure.

What other captcha screens are there? Maybe you can capture a screenshot and let us see. (To know how to tackle it in general.)

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Don't use the app, use the website. Have the Alipay app but it will not let me create credentials because of translation. I know about the button to do it but it is a dead end. Slider is not about dexterity; it is about not being able to read the instructions because they are in Chinese. Cannot translate captcha instructions. I have successfully used the slider before but it leads to the same crap. I have also seen a slider with English instructions. Everything now when you attempt any search goes to a login screen. It no longer recognizes my original login and it is hard being forced to use everything through my phone when it texts me in Chinese. I use the translator on there but also not very helpful. If someone has done a new Taobao/Alipay account recently, it would be helpful for a tutorial.

About a year ago, I set up my Taobao account and because of the BS at that time just went with Superbuy. I actually delayed buying anything until last fall because I had everything else on preorder.

3. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Can you post a screenshot here?

4. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

the longer i go between logging in, the more verification steps i need. being inactive for weeks.. like i will have to 2 factor or do that slider game thing plus txt code to phone or qr code. if i log in a few times a week i never get them. the 2 factor code is the more common one i get. slider, seldom but itll happen. def always happen if im on a vpn, but a lot of sites
    treat me questionable when i have my vpn on

that slider use to be in mandarin for me too but is now in english. i figured out i could right click and manually click translate, because the prompt to translate box wasnt popping up like on other pages wheres its all in a different language and im asked if i want to translate or leave it. but now it seems to just auto translate if that slider happens.. i use chrome browser btw and this is desktop

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  5. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do these "dislike/not interested in this recommendation" options do much?
    Screenshot_20240318_215459.jpg

6. Kung Fu Roo

2 of my 3 cainiao parcels finally arrived. shipped each one out on different days. 3rd one should be a few days behind.

everything went smooth enough.

However, a couple of things i didnt like. their tracking numbers were bogus. i could look at tracking in the app but it was in mandarin and the translator app i was using didnt help much. bad translations. but i still did get to see movement happening, even though i really didnt know what was being said most of the time. various global trackers werent working.

Cainiao warehouse is the end point of delivery according to taobao. So cainiao signing for my parcels is like me signing for me parcels. idk how i feel about that, everything arrived, but what if the off chance of something wasnt as intended. seems like that may be a hassle getting compensated.

Sent via sea to aus and it took slightly longer than 30 days. in the past when using taobao warehouses 30 days use to be the max via sea. dunno if shipping out of china is delayed or what.. could be worse though, could be months.

overall it was a success shipping this way. what was going to be a test run of 1-2 items turned into wtf did i just order. because once stuff actually arrived at cainiao warehouse and i saw i could consolidate i felt confident enough and went overboard. hopefully the majority of this stuff sells on marketplace lol. this haul was def youtube worthy.. too bad i dont youtube.

thanks for the input of how to use cainiao everyone

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  7. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Think about the Cainiao app as a different interface to Taobao. It's the Cainiao warehouse that handles the item in both cases; consolidating on the 1) Taobao site and paying with Alipay or 2) using the app. So I'd expect the journey time to be the same.

I've noticed a few of my shipments have now moved to Aus Post whereas they used to be handled by 4PX. If you click around enough, you may see an Aus Post tracking number. Lastly, the Cainiao app usually shows the product icon if something is purchased through Taobao. If it's from something else, it will have a generic thumbnail but you can track it with the Shipping tracking number as the App publishes it. You'd link it back via the tracking number when you made the purchase.

One new thing I noticed today was the Cainiao app defaulted to paying with Alipay. Had to select Credit card from the drop down at the bottom of the screen, which is new, and enter my CC details

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kung Fu Roo

idk y there was a slight delay. perhaps easter.. or perhaps overflow of cny still. could have been aus customs too, which wouldnt be a shocker, but i cant tell via my translating app.

one of my items did have auspost tracking but that one didnt show anything other than it should have been delivered and it was late.. that auspost tracking was generated prior to even leaving china. the auspost tracking updated the day before it arrived to me looking at it again now. but def no tracking from china. if my translator worked better just looking at cainiao apps tracking would have been suffice i think.

so the cc option now introduced is through the cainiao app and doesnt autodirect to taobao to pay?

9. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I've noticed Aus Post has gone screwy. The Aus Post delivery estimate is now estimated from the day the tracking number is raised by Cainiao. As delivery will be 4 to 5 weeks, it will always be late. It used to be that the Aus Post tracking would show nothing, and would only estimate the tracking once the package has been handled by them. Oh well, not much anyone can do about that as complaining to Aus Post will get you nowhere.

Yes CC option has been added to the app, so no auto direct to Taobao. That's how it went for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jim380

jim380 Well-Known Member

Is Aliexpress comparable to Taobao? or you will not find the same sellers on taobao on aliexpress?

11. buttheaditron

buttheaditron Active Member

I've found Aliexpress is more expensive than Taobao. Plus, I've never been charged duties when receiving a shipment from Taobao, which reduces the overall cost. Aliexpress shipping is also pretty high on a per item basis.

12. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Some Taobao sellers operate on multiple platforms, especially the popular ones.

Whether they are on AliEx as well, I don't know as I don't really use AliEX to buy TF's, but I won't be surprised if they are.

13. buttheaditron

That all being said, seems like Taobao has really tightened foreign access to their platform. I haven't been able to loggin for months and now Google search barely brings up any results, even when I'm using a VPN in Hong Kong. Not sure if others have found ways around this.

14. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. I used both app and website very often, no issue at all.

Also between app and website, I found Taobao app is easier to use sometimes. For example, in little bee store, it won't show you the listing by default while app is totally fine.

15. buttheaditron

How are you getting past all the account validation steps? I get the recovery text, complete the image slider, but get stuck at the QR code.

16. xueyue2

News Credits:
    I actually didn't see any QR code part. I registered this account more than 1 year ago, maybe that's why?

17. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20240416_034848_Opera.jpg

This screen? Click on the computer icon on the upper right corner to switch to user id/password login.

This screen is a little misleading. At first I thought can't login using id+password anymore.

18. xueyue2

News Credits:
    I don't see this screen at all. Is this show up only on your PC website? On my PC, I use "阿里旺旺" (Ali chat program) to log on, it never asked me for password. Of course 1st time it must asked, but after that I don't need to do any authentication.

upload_2024-4-15_16-25-23.png

19. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Also this screen you showed, says use "mobile app" to scan the QA code to log in. (In case u can't read it)

20. buttheaditron

This is what i get when trying to login...

upload_2024-4-16_18-33-50.png

Which then takes me to this
    upload_2024-4-16_18-34-8.png

If i click confirm i get
    upload_2024-4-16_18-35-1.png