Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

same and more selection at cheaper prices. greater savings when shipping bulk purchase of several items

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kung Fu Roo

Hey, I did my first test order a day or two ago.

Ordered on taobao desktop and sent to the address cainiao provided.

I dont know how long it took to update in cainiao but there wasnt anything there for atleast a half day or day.

Checked cainiao app again and I see the items I ordered. its package status says: to pack. does that mean its still in transit to cainiao warehouse, because i cant see anything when i click on merge, just sea/air options but no product? i wouldnt expect it to be in the warehouse that fast but ya never know. there is local movement in tracking but its in mandarin and i cant see where its at.

3. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

The item will appear under 'to pack' once the seller ships it.

It will be under 'to merge' when the warehouse receives and processes it.

When you ship it, it will be under 'to pay' and after paying, it will be under 'to receive'.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kung Fu Roo

thank you for the input.

aside from air/sea there is a green express option in shipping. Has anyone used that.

When doing air consolidation in the past, items would arrive anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks. Wonder if green express would be a few days to a week.

5. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    The CaiNiao app will send a notification when the package is in storage, but it's like quite slow for me, I think 1-2 days later, not immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

Anyone here have experience with purchasing used 80s KOs on taobao? Its hard to find any.

7. Kung Fu Roo

There are some to be found if you mean G1, but for whatever reasons they are harder to find compared to the past. I use to frequent a few stores that vanished, but they had tons of them - pages worth. Now I only see a few models around here and there. BUT at the same time, Im not seeking them out looking. Also Im not sure if you just mean G1 or actual bots from the 80s. IDK what happened to taobao used search, it seems to have vanished too. There use to be tons of great used items, including older kos.

8. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Used or brand new KOs all moved to Xianyu or PDD
    They shifted used listings to Xianyu then gradually made it harder to search Xianyu listings outside the app. Even before that, selecting a non-mainland region automatically filters used items from regular text search, and their official forwarding also automatically blocks you from buying with a foreign address.

9. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    I also find that on PDD, there are more options for TF's in general. Good for finding the older 3P stuff, or the not so common KO's that are hard to find on TB.

10. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

Thanks, ive been out of the over seas game so long that Im only now finding out what Xianyu or PDD is. What warehouse agent do you use for PDD?

11. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    PDD has official shipping options for Singapore, not sure about other countries. If not, you can always use Cainiao App if they ship to your country.

12. Kung Fu Roo

can i search them on desktop. im not seeing pdd for desktop.

13. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    It's app only, and it's only in Chinese.

And unless you have a China bank card, you have to use Alipay or WeChat for payment.

I use WeChat Pay cos it allows me to add my overseas credit card, and there are no extra fees for paying via WeChat, unlike TB which has a 3% CC fee for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

Thanks for the super helpful info!!

15. Kung Fu Roo

Well that sucks. I use to like to search through all the used stuff on taobao

16. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    If it's used stuff, that's XianYu.

PDD has some older items but brand new.

17. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Dumb question, but is there any way to track delivery of these orders outside of taobao? I get the cainiao official logistics tracking number but that doesnt work on any site.

18. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you tried your last mile courier's own tracker? Their numbers work with the two companies servicing them here in Singapore, but it might not be the case everywhere.

19. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Nope doesnt work. Just got a package delivered by fedex and the number doesnt work on their site. Also this fedex tracking number is nowhere to be found in my order history on taobao.

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Absolutely despise Taobao site and cannot get through to do searches anymore or get my login fixed. I use Superbuy and because I have bought through the MAIN 3P retailers there is a trick that I can do that enabled me to get the latest preorders. It will not work unless you have used Superbuy. I went back through my original orders on Superbuy and clicked on the seller's icon. Superbuy takes over Taobao and translates everything to their format and English. As a result, I was able to search that seller's complete Taobao page. It's essentially a Taobao back door and Taobao puts up a message that they don't like it and are having trouble with the website. I can then load that Taobao link into Superbuy and it creates the Superbuy page to order the item.

I am sure some of you know a lot better than I do but I had trouble withe Alipay app because I tried to use that as a way to login to Taobao. It was just jacked for me. The slider is always in Chinese and if you don't get lucky after 1 or 2 tries it locks you out for hours even if you do get lucky. I have seen it one ask in English but you cannot translate a captcha type prompt.