Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    U mean when you search within each store, yes? I get the same thing, some random gibberish shows up.

Main Taobao search is fine for me.

2. buttheaditron

buttheaditron Active Member

I can't even search for any links. I get the prompt for login verification. :( 

3. buttheaditron

OK I will try with the mobile app. Have been working exclusively off PC since I find it more user friendly.

4. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Taobao search shows prices, but I don't think they're accurate. At least from memory.

I'd see a low price, click on the link, and it's one item and the price is different. Turn off translate for the main search page and it seems right.

That's how I think I remember it. Been a week since I've searched for something so I could be wrong

• Like Like x 1
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Same thing has happened to me but to get around it you can do a search from Google with the specifics and Taobao and it will show up as a workaround. You are right that anytime you go to do a search in that page it reverts back to login. I cannot login either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. buttheaditron

Thanks for this. Looks like i have a work around. :) 

7. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Anyone experiencing slow deliveries within China these few days?

I have 2 separate items from Jieyang to Dongguan(within the same province) taking longer than usual.

Also had 1 item from Guangzhou that got picked up in the evening, then spent the entire next day not even getting out of the city, before being delivered to Dongguan on the 3rd day. Usually GZ to DG is within 24 hours of pickup.

Wondeing if it's a slowdown because of the current sale.

8. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure, I placed all my orders last Friday night and 3/4 of the packages were picked up on Monday, so it may be weekend traffic.

9. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Also the first time I see a package being picked up by the China courier at almost 4am.

10. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I placed a pre-order for FT Blitzwing and since it's taking forever for the release, I think I'm out of the deposit. :( 

11. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Spoke to a seller regarding the slow movement of my packages, he said the cause is the pre-CNY shopping that everyone is doing, so courier services are busier than usual.

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

That actually makes sense, higher demand lower supply equals higher price and in this case bottleneck. Shipping costs this week went way up and I had to ship something by vessel instead of air. I expected it to cost by air what I ended up paying for by sea. I FEAR how much it is going to cost to ship FT Fort Max when it comes out. I am definitely shipping those 3 pieces by sea.

13. stefs

stefs New Member

What is best agent for this think? Are bhiner is good?

14. minstral

News Credits:
    A development for Australian users to circumvent GST:

So I decided to try and send something to the Caniao Warehouse directly. This warehouse operates the Taobao warehouse but you can d'load their app and get a separate delivery address. The benefit is there was no GST on the purchase in Taobao when I used the Caniao warehouse as it's using a China address and not your Australian one.

The Caniao app also shows existing Taobao orders where you have selected your own Australia address so you can consolidate in the Caniao App or with it's API(?) into the Taobao app. The great thing is in the Caniao I could see my trial order using their address, alongside Taobao orders with my Australian Address. I merged my items in the Caniao app, paid where it flicked to the Taobao app for payment (no other payment method supported as yet), and all went through smoothly. The only downside is you can't see your Australian address orders that you consolidated, in Taobao, and you can only see them in the Caniao App.

So, if you're looking to do a few $100s in orders, over a period of time, the 10% saving ends up being decent. You can also purchase from other China websites, ship to Caniao address, and merge with Taobao orders. I don't know if this was intended by Caniao but currently no GST which suits me just fine.

EDIT: Might also work for other countries that charge GST inside Taobao and use Caniao for shipping e.g. NZ, Singapore....

15. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Take note only Taobao orders are automatically linked to Cainiao app, meaning once you purchase on Taobao, they will be automatically informed of your order.

For other China retail sites, you need to manually input the package description, price, tracking number, so that the warehouse knows what it is.

16. minstral

News Credits:
    I forgot to mention that also.

This is so much better than Superbuy in terms of integration with Taobao packages.

The only restriction I can see is anything sent to Taobaos Sea warehouse can't be switched to Air shipping. Wasnt possible in Taobao and doesn't look like it in Cainiao.

17. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

If you send to the address given in the Cainiao app, it should allow you to choose air/sea shipping? (You don't choose upfront in TaoBao.)

The Cainiao app supports English, so it is easier to use than TaoBao app.

18. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Ours is Singapore Cainiao warehouse. Not sure Australia has the same luxury.

19. minstral

News Credits:
    Taobao Australia, you choose Sea or Air warehouse at the time of purchase. If you want to switch after arrival at the warehouse, it needs to be sent back to the seller and they have to send it to the other warehouse.

Because I had sea warehouse for my Taobao purchases, it's probably why I had no Air option in the Cainiao app

20. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Sounds like Australia Taobao warehouse is the same address as the Australia Cainiao app warehouse?

If you just select the items that you ship directly to the Cainiao warehouse via their app and not through Taobao, does it give you the option to choose Air or Sea?

I think that's what nhyone is asking. Because we get that for SG Cainiao warehouse.

I can't remember if we can mix Taobao warehouse and Cainiao warehouse items together, since our Cainiao warehouse is a separate warehouse, and we also have multiple warehouses for Taobao in different cities.