Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Idk the shipping time to USA. But to Australia 4px forwarding is approx 4 days after leaving customs. Which im happy to pay the little bit extra for :) 

2. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    It only took two and a half days for mine to arrive at Los Angeles imports clearance from the Chinese warehouse. :)  I'm amazed at how fast this service is. It hasn't even been ten days since I first placed the order and it's almost in Texas. Simply amazing.

Meanwhile, the Deathclaw I ordered from Baba on eBay still hasn't updated tracking and that order was placed at the beginning of April. I should have just done the entire Poseidon combiner from Taobao.

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's good news. The Taobao part that is. Try sending baba a message to get the current update as to what is going on. He's usually very responsive to messages.

4. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Already did a few days ago. He messaged back the following afternoon saying he was looking into it, and that's the last I've heard since.

5. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I think China to US shipping is pretty high due to Donald Trump.

Is it possible to buy from multiple sellers and then combine global shipping at the Taobao warehouse? How many days do they hold the parcels for? Or, do they just send multiple packages with each package having their first kg count resetted?

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'd send a follow up message to him at least 2 more times within the next 7-14 days. On your second message let him know that if you don't receive a working tracking number within 48 hours you will cancel your order and demand a refund. If it goes that route you can always file your refund claim with Paypal (assuming you paid via paypal) and it will get processed much faster and smoother rather than filing thru Ebay. This is if you want to give him 7-14 days. If it were me I'd call Paypal directly and file right away. I'm not sure what the story is with baba and that transaction. I've been buying from him constantly with no issues for over a year now. In act I have a KO Cupola/Chromedome on the way from him now.

7. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    I reeeeally don't want to file a case given how Baba is one of the few good Chinese sellers left on eBay. The estimated shipping says May 4th is the latest it can possibly arrive so I'll give it another week before I'll take action.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Sounds like a plan. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Yes, u can consolidate parcles from different sellers at thw warehouse into one shipment. The warehouse will hold your packages free of charge for up to 20 days, after whIch there will be a surcharge with a daily rate. Not sure how much.

10. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time i buy something from Taobao i use Taobaoring..Its a great service very reliable

11. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:

Tracking finally updated last night. Deathclaw's in New York. Bigbite, Cyberjaw, and Ironshell are in Los Angeles. Wooooo!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    You mean the tracking from Taobao or from baba?

13. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Baba's tracking. Just to clarify, I bought a Deathclaw from him and the other three from Taobao.

14. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Wow, bit surprised that your shipping was that high. It's 90+22+22+22+22+22+22, or thereabouts. So total weight is 1kg+6*500g=4kg. Does that sound about right? Those are some heavy figures. My SeverX was 2.05kg and Soar was 2.4kg.

Just checked the weights on BBTS and yes, those are some heavy figures. 4kg is about right.

You say the price was pretty close to baba? I noticed that the savings with non-FT figures is marginal. Someone posted that buying in bulk is the way to go to save more money. That could be true, but I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  15. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

For those interested, Beast Gorira seems like a pretty good taobao grab. He's going for about $130 and is 2kg. So shipping will be around 90+22+22, or about $21. Baba has him for $212 and bbts has his for $170. First time I've seen baba with a higher price than a domestic store.

Here's a link:

PerfectEffect PE DX06 Beast Gorira 猩猩 有合金 四变 现货

EDIT: I found this price for TFC Ironshell - $82

变形金刚 第三方 TFC Poseidon 海底狂魔 P-04 Ironshell 铁玄甲

I'm pretty sure his shipping for this guy is close to the 2kg price, since he's about 1.51kg. So about $22 additional there. Very close to the baba price of $115 shipped. So I agree, the savings are marginal, unless it's possible to combine a few figures and keep the shipping costs down.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  16. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I'm wondering if it's partly due to the box size contributing to volumetric weight. I've seen the tfc Poseidon boxes and they definitely could have shrunk down the packaging a bit more.

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm curiuos as to what the savings for Phoenix will be on Taobao vs baba & netclow.

18. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Are all Chinese ebay sellers now losing business because of this thread?

But then the Taobao shipping rate to the US may only save you a little compared to ebay's if you buy single items. Combined shipping from Taobao will help you. I think ultimately, it will be equivalent to ebay as though you are allowed discount shipping from multiple items.

For countries closer to China, they may not have to pay the maximum global rate factored in the ebay prices.

For the record, Planet Steel Express is still the bottom official price for MMC products, at least on a single item basis. Buying through Taobao may save you due to combined shipping.

19. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I'm wondering how much shipping would be on FT Omega. How much did dalianjj say the shipping weight would be for both boxes total? 10 pounds?

Edit

it's 14 lbs total shipped

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  20. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I don't think mainstay sellers are losing due to thread. Taobao is a hassle to figure out and most sellers don't take paypal and use alipay instead. My hope is this thread helps people in the process of figuring out taobao.

The savings are there by using taobao. You'll save money no matter what, even if just $10 or so. The trick is finding ways to maximize that. I don't think combined shipping in ebay really compares, since not every seller does that while on taobao all your purchases from any sellers can be combined.

That would change my estimates quite a bit. I've got 4lb and 2lb on bbts for omeaga A and B. Have to see once he's released.