Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

Set your location to China Mainland, top left. It wont actually let you change it until you change your location with the VPN. I would suggest using Superbuy as your shipper. You wont pay taxes, and you have complete control of how its packed and shipped. I use superbuy as a purchase, but Chromemagnus can tell you about using them as a forwarder.

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention there are others who use Superbuy for forwarding as well such as hoptimusprime and solskjaer. They can tell you as well.

3. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I can change my Taobao region without a VPN so it might also work for others. Just a FYI

4. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy new year to all Taobaoers, if it is even a word!

No Taobao fun in 2021? How come no post since 2021?

5. Hawkwave

Pretty burned by mp and collecting in general atm. I have come close to bailing on mp all together.

1. My FT astrotrain canceled due to FT cutting production. Causing me to spend $125 more for it.

2. Bee prince cancelling all their FT preorders. So if I want upcoming FT products I'll be in the same boat as astrotrain.

3. X-transbots

4. Prices in general.

The mainline has gotten so much better that I think I could be happy with it. My mp collecting is being maintained largely due to how much of it I have.

Its funny I redid my mp displays in November. Sunk over $400 into it, lol.
    Display.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    So did you end up trying and see if your order ended up in Hangzhou?

I recently made an order of 4 items - 2 from Zhejiang province (same as Hangzhou), 1 from Hubei (close to Zhejiang Province), and 1 from Beijing. All of them are closer to the Hangzhou warehouse, but they are instead still routed to the original Dongguan warehouse for Cainiao Air, which is much further away.

So I don't know how the system chooses for that. I wished it had selected Hangzhou though. Shipment from Beijing to the warehouses in Guangzhou/Dongguan alone takes like 5 days usually for me.

Did you use Ezbuy "ship for me"? Air or Sea? Isn't Air more ex than Cainiao cos they usually go by Volumetric, since the take the greater of both Volumetric and Actual weight?

I used Sea on Dec 16, supposed to reach by Jan 5, but until now still not here, and now received a message that it will be delayed until Jan 13.

Meanwhile, my other TB Cainiao Sea order shipped later on Dec 18, but collected on Dec 30. So 13 days.

Also read that other people shipped Ezbuy Sea on Dec 19, received on Jan 2.

Don't know why my Ezbuy Sea always so slow. My last sea order in August also took almost 1 month.

Waiting for TB CNY sale. Maybe we can post good deals that we come across?

Anyone getting the TT Hongli Prowl and Smokescreen?
    TT Hongli Smokescreen and Prowl

Cheapest I found was 138.

Also saw some selling Kingdom stuff and reasonable prices.

7. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

truth...... i hate littlebeeprince... boycotting that store

8. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Made 6~8 orders in the past month but only one order was at a Shanghai shop(uncle billy), the rest were in various Guangdong cities so the system set them all to Dongguan. I don't order enough from mid- northern-China to test the system tbh.

Maybe the warehouse's current capacity is also a factor, which is problematic because it's something we don't know.

TT Hongli's Chinese name (TT泓利) might be blocked by Official Taobao too, probably for previous Bandai KOs.

9. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    As in you usually try to order from the southern cities so that they get to the warehouse faster?

For my last order, I deliberately didn't order from any if the southern cities as I was expecting the shipment to all go Hangzhou, which it didn't. Or at least I was trying to see they would all go Hangzhou due to their geological proximity.

Btw, do you buy mainline stuff from TB? I've only bought a few Siege and POTP stuff so far that was going for cheap, but thinking of dipping into Earthrise there as well, saw some deluxes going for 100, I think.

Due to budget, I usually only buy mainline if they're on sale, but for Earthrise, like not much going on sale so far in both retail and online shops here.

All the listings I saw had air shipping blocked, so I wonder if that's why. But Sea still can use.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    With XTB raising prices now, PO'ing their stuff from Taobao is now the only option if you want to get XTB items at lower cost.
    @Hawkwave what TB seller did you PO FT Thomas with and it got cancelled? Was it LBP (Little Bee Prince)? If so, that's unusual. I thought that FT thomas would be the last FT item they would sell/fulfill preorders from? They fulfilled my preorder.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  11. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I bought ER Doubledealer last year since most local shops skipped or delayed getting him(due it being packed with ER OP). With shipping fee it was slightly below 80sgd. China MSRP is close to our "full price" I.e. 100 for Leader but Taobao sellers usually readily sell them at 30% off... Though with shipping it is close to our local price (80 for Leader) so there's not much advantage if local retail has it. They do end up at clearance earlier like those you mentioned, usually during 11/11.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Does anyone know what the Taobao price will be for XTB Eligos metallic version?

13. Hawkwave

Lovely Home Star

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Ok. Sorry to hear that happened.

15. ATLSoundwave

ATLSoundwave Well-Known Member

Your cabinets look great, where did you get them?

I totally hear you about the mainline - the pandemic got me to start up a collection after having nothing since my G1 childhood - now I've gotten about 30ish MP bots but haven't opened any yet pending a display setup...but I also got the majority of the mainline starting with Siege (which is what lured me back into TF - I saw Siege Soundwave and Netflix Megatron and loved how much better they looked than anything I had seen in a store over the years). Now I can't decide if I want to do a mainline or MP collection. Most of those MP bots are $200+ and it eats at me a bit when I see how good Earthrise Prime looks compared to the MP options. I snagged an ER Prime for $25 at Walmart - is my TE01 Cell Shaded 5x better than him? Yeah, it's not the same, but how close does it get me to the feels? 80%? Maybe that's good enough. I really like the Gigapower dinos tho, and the MP combiners are really alluring. I can go cheap with Jinbao Devastator and OS Warbotron...just struggling a bit with what to do. Shifting to a mainline collection would save me 5-7k..that could buy a lot of other cool stuff or a couple of great vacations.

I've got THF Soundwave and Megatron sitting at the Superbuy warehouse, with the chrome GP dinobots on preorder...decisions, decisions.

16. Hawkwave

@ATLSoundwave
    They are not cabinets. They are modified garage shelves.
    The Not-Detolf Display Cases Thread

The bottom shelves are sitting in the garage shelves. They are 6 cube shelves. We removed the center dividers and attached a hardboard backing. You get a pretty large shelf, 44in wide, 13 inch tall, and 14 inches deep for about $50.

I would post what it looks like with the collection on it, but I am not done with risers, dusting, and acrylic. Only filled about half of it.

17. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Kingdom Core Class figures already going for 55-65. Bought Core Optimus.

I also bought Siege Red Alert and Mirage for 60 each after discounts. About the same as clearance price here after shipping.

Saw some Siege voyagers going as low at 80 now, which is even cheaper than clearance.

Some ER voyagers are 110-160.

ER / Kingdom Leader Prime is already 260.

Last year, I bought POTP Voyager Hotspot from BHG clearance at $25, then found out that Taobao is selling half the price at 60+.

POTP Voyager Elita-1 is also 60, which I also got.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Has anyone heard from their TB seller about when they can pay the balance on their Fanstoys FT-3D preorder? If so, when does your seller expect to have preorder stock ready?

19. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why Little Bee Prince will no longer sell Fans Toys?

20. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Yes, I use the "ship for me" method.

I had the impression shipping by air used to use actual weight, but I could be mistaken. Shipping by air is now pretty ex, my tolerance is $20 (around 2 kg).

So far, I'm not in any hurry, so I ship by sea. The average is 3 weeks.

I'm not buying much these days (no new 3P releases help). OTOH, I am trying to clear a bunch of stuff from my home. :D