Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @dickenz how do I add friend on aliwangwang?

2. solskjaer

News Credits:
    3634A63A-7950-4208-83DF-2CDB975046AF.jpeg
    My takeaway from LBP announcement regarding FT

1. it is purely LBP’s own decision to terminate FT product line because of legal and copyright concern. It doesn’t mean FT is in trouble or whatsoever. Not sure what is going on but I believe giving FT no-show in TFCon, at least business is not as usual anymore. Hopefully they will be fine

2. FT-44 will be final FT product LBP carry, if you have other FT products preordered with LBP, the deposits can be deducted from FT 44 balance.

3. FT-44 preordered price is 980 yuan. @ChromeMagnus got it at 880 yuan. Thor Toys we have one at 1000 yuan, one at 900 yuan and one at 950 yuan. Anyone know preordered price from other sellers?

@dickenz did your price 900 yuan include the deposit or only the balance?

@ChromeMagnus did your price 880 yuan already take into the account of deduction of the deposits of your other preordered FT products with LBP?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  3. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have line there about how they have "20+ families to feed" :cry :cry :cry 

4. solskjaer

News Credits:
    Not to mention they have 100+ retired parents to feed, so it is totally understood what they want to avoid here.

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. My 880 yuan did not take into account the deduction of any other preordered FT items with LBP, at least not that I am aware of.
    I guess my FT-21 Berserk from LBP won't be fulfilled. Thank goodness I preordered a 2nd copy elsewhere.

Is there a way to view my order history with a seller and view all my orders including preordered items that are yet to be fulfilled?

Also, is there a way you can copy and paste the text of that message from LBP. I'd like to put it into Google translate.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  6. dickenz

dickenz METROFLEX?!?

News Credits:
    I don't actually know. Sorry! THOR TOYS added me and I got a pop-up I've not seen before. I had to get my phone out and use the in-camera translator to figure out what it was. I realized it was a friend request and accepted. But I am not a part of any groups or anything so assume it was a 1 to 1 request.

900 yuan was my balance with THOR TOYS. 50 yuan in total for pre-order if I remember correctly so that'd be 950 total.

• Like Like x 1
  7. solskjaer

News Credits:
    I can do a search of “FT” through my orders on Taobao App, not sure about the website though.

And I don’t have the original quote from LBP as I only have an image.

8. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    That just sucks - I have all future FT releases PO'ed with LBP. Now it'll be impossible to replace them all. I hope they back track on their decision. Pretty pissed, not at LBP, but at the situation.

I don't have a FT-44 with them, so I guess they'll eventually notify me about getting refunds for all my PO's?

The easiest way, that someone mentioned here, is to search by seller. Here's how you do it:

LBP.jpg

Enter '小蜜蜂小王子' for LBP's 'Seller's nickname'.

There are some filters but nothing really to drill down into orders yet to be fulfilled.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solskjaer

News Credits:
    Unforutanley I think LBP's decision is final and you should contact them for refund as far as I understand. Sorry.

10. zin

zin Well-Known Member

My FT-44 from Thor Toys preorder balance was Y920. Deposit was Y30.

11. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Goddamit!! This is the first I'd heard about this. I still have Soundwave, Blitzwing and Seaspray pre-ordered from LBP. I've probably got no chance of picking up a pre-order for any of those from someone else now.
    I never really liked LBP as a seller. He was usually my second or third choice but I went on a FT pre-order spree one day and ended up with 7 bots pre-ordered from them in a single go.
    Since then I've always had to chase them multiple times to get them to fulfill a pre-order (still waiting for him to accept final payment on Astro-train after three prompts on AliWang). And I know my FT pre-orders have been pushed back to the second run on several occasions with them.
    Also, unless they are completely full of sh!t about "copyright" being behind this, does that mean they won't be stocking ANY 3P products?

What a freaking pain in the butt.

12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok. I'll have to see if I can find a way to translate the image. In any case I think there's more to it than LBP is admitting. I mean after all, other sellers are still planning to fulfill FT preorders with no problems. I think the issue is solely with LBP and their business dealings with FT. Maybe they wanted to markup FT items like US retailers are doing and FT wasn't going for it. Who knows.

Thanks. I forgot about that option. In fact, now I remember that I mentioned it here 3 months ago. Also, for those of us who have our browser set to auto translate the pages on Taobao, if the English text version seller's nickname/shopkeeper name is more than one word and has spaces then you will have to paste than nickname into Google Translate to get the simplified Chinese text version of that name. At that point you can paste the Chinese text version of the nickname into the seller nickname search box. If the seller's English text version of their nickname/shopkeeper name is one word, then it won't be required to use the CHinese text version of it.

In any case, I checked out my currently outstanding FT preorders with LBP of which I have 3 items.
    Fortunately, according to my records, I already PO'd 2nd copies of each of these items with other sellers....one with Baba and the other two with other Taobao sellers so I should be good.

13. zin

zin Well-Known Member

Yandex Translate has an image upload option, as well as support for other file types. I use Yandex more than Google Translate as the results seem to be more understandable.
    Translate text from photos from English and other languages – Yandex.Translate

14. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone have any experience with this seller or notice any red flags? (You'll need to view the products through an agent site, they're all blocked for overseas shipping.) I'm planning on putting together a TB order soon (mainly clothing) and they have some Takara figures I want. I don't care if they're KOs as long as they're decent quality.

I also found this shop that has lower prices on some items, but I noticed a lot of their listings have '【现货】' (translated as 'spot') at the beginning of the title. Does that mean it's a preorder or something?

15. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Spot is what you want, that should mean they have the item for sale at that price now. Windcharger has a good explanation for this:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Minimaximus

Minimaximus Well-Known Member

any tips on how to ship the 11.11 discounts? the superbuy tip was a little confusing on their app. pretty much seemed to say you should purchase 2 days in advance? are discounts listed that early by the sellers? thanks!

17. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't use superbuy, but yeah there are plenty of pre-11/11 promotions as early as 2 weeks prior in order to reduce the logistics congestion. There was even a 1/11~3/11 platformwide 25rmb off 200rmb promo that just ended.

Note that with regards to hot and new 3P items, they usually don't benefit from 11/11 because shops will either delist the item or jack up their price to negate any discounts. It is however, a good time for KOs and maybe even official Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

Shipped out Thomas from Superbuy. Pick SAL shipping option and it cost about $45 to ship

• Like Like x 1
  19. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

oh shit... i hv dragstrip perceptor soundwave n tapes n seaspray ordered from LBP

20. Saint Rygar

Saint Rygar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    @hoptimusprime

Do you mind sharing the weight of the box of FT Thomas? I also use Superbuy but i still don't have my figure in the warehouse so i want to know the estimated weight because i will to ship it with some other products and give myself an idea of the cost of the international shipping.

Thanks for your help.