Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as FT-44 Thomas goes, someone just posted that ShowZ just sent them their invoice for payment, a sign that release is imminent.
    Also TCP just released a statement on Facebook that their FT-44 stock will arrive next week.
    Customers have stated that Toy Dojo sent them emails stating that FT-44 will be arriving soon.

To that end, has anyone received messages from their Taobao sellers about paying their preorder balances for FT-44 Thomas yet?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  2. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

One of my PO stores said that they are not even being sold in China yet (they are being sold to international buyers, though).

The price I've seen is 130-132 USD (and someone mentioned 900 Yuan, which is the same). But I don't know if this is the retail price or PO in China.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2020
  3. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

8DB96726-3167-4E4F-B5C1-B47F4060375E.jpeg 1D929DEB-3F11-4071-B148-FE68D4E2ADE8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. ATLSoundwave

ATLSoundwave Well-Known Member

6. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

Hunk and Dunerunner had bubble wrap around them. There was also some random foam padding in the box. Definitely better than just the toy box wrapped in packing tape like the last one from TaoBao warehouse.

7. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

hey guys,

anyone have a link of a taobao seller that they recommend for FT thomas?

8. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Same question, also price?

9. Marcelo Antunes

If you did not preorder, you won't finda seller right now. All sellers are waiting to pay for their lots (which usually are exactly the number of preorders). Then they will sell the preorders. Some sellers might get some more units to sell outside the preorders, but they do not advertise that.

After they receive their lots, they will try to sell all their preorder (and people that preordered usually get a discount) and, if a customer do not buy, they will probably put the product to sell at retailer price. Meanwhile, the ones that did buy additional products will put them to sell at retailer price.

So it's a matter of checking Taobao to verify which is selling outside their preorders.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice. This is your first shipment to the USA using SB as the forwarder, right?
    Sure beats how Taobao's official USA forwarding warehouse handled your FT Iceman shipment.

How do we participate? @Hawkwave is this the shipping coupon you were talking about?

11. ATLSoundwave

Just login with your Superbuy account, at the top of the page (or in the link I sent), there are links to collect shipping coupons. I was able to snag an 80 off 999 RMB and spun the wheel (can spin once per day) for a chance at other coupons. You'll have to click on "collect" on the page where the coupons are offered to load them into your wallet...looks like the shipping coupons are good for a month.

On another note, I ordered 5 FT figs and had them shipped out from Superbuy's warehouse on 9/14, they just showed up on my doorstop here today in the Atlanta area. Quite impressed with the speed! (EMS Wuhan).

• Like Like x 1
  12. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

I got 100 free credit but how do I apply it? Im at the part where u submit but I want to check how much discount I can get before I buy.

Is the full 100credit applied only after it arrives at the warehouse?

[​IMG]

Are the pre order prices a lot cheaper than non pre orders?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2020
  13. ATLSoundwave

Not sure...was it a shipping credit or order credit? Most of the coupons I've seen are for international shipping

14. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Yeah, they can be. Maybe about 100 yuan or more. depending on the size of the figure. It was about a 100 yuan discount on Hunk Pre orders and Dunerunner

15. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I’m familiar with the shopping process with taobao and superbuy/wegobuy. My question to you guys is, whats an average shipping price one can expect for a single figure? $25? $40? Not EMS, maybe DHL or something...

Also, what are some trusted sellers?

Thanks

16. Minimaximus

Minimaximus Well-Known Member

one thing i'm confused about is the post they ask you to make using the hashtags Superbuy8thAnniv. the content of the posts they want you to make seems straightforward but i have no clue where we're supposed to post it. a few people have posted it in the comments below the coupon celebration notice but i'm pretty sure that's wrong

any ideas?

17. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

cant wait for ft thomas.... probably mid oct till we see any activity on TB

18. Marcelo Antunes

Usually, some 200-300 Yuan (30-43 USD) cheaper (the recent reissue of FT-16M was some 500 cheaper, but is not the usual - the usual is 200 year (30 USD)).

19. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In case you don’t know, Littlebeeprince has canceled all FT preorders after Thomas and you may want to follow him up with refunding.

I asked my seller and he knows nothing at this moment. Not sure what is going on.

20. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

LBP's store is almost empty of non-licensed 3rd party stuff. This is more than just FansToys.