Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did LBP contact you directly to let you know it was in stock or did you have to chase him? I ordered hunk from him and haven't heard anything. Haven't heard anything so I assume he's pushed me back to the 2nd run like usual.

2. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    No dice for me, I still get an error with the existing card. And also trying to add a new card. Very strange..

• Like Like x 1
  3. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

I hv a feeling kfc junkions r coming

4. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

I haven’t had any seller contact me recently. I’m always asking them and I think some of the people answering start getting annoyed. I was asking LBP about the WJ BumbleBee Prime to see if they were still getting any stock and the answer was basically “you’ll know when we contact you”

5. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

good on ya. I've only got one CC so can't really try swapping cards. Will try again later, if it still doesn't work it'll be RIP taobao .. :( 

6. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes New FansToys Collector

I usually contact them near or after a product launch, inquiring about the preorder. Most answer with a very straighforward “no” or “no info”, and some make some more comments. It’s somewhat normal for Chinese people from my experience. I contacted two stores where I preorderd Hunk recently, one said “no info”, the other said “soon”. After they received it, they contacted me to replenish. A third store also (which I forgot to contact) also contacted me for replenish.

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

I use debit card. Very easy to set up. But it works like a visa.

8. minstral

News Credits:
    Debit card will have the same 16 digits like a CC as they're neither issued by MasterCard or Visa. The only difference would be accessing funds directly from the customer via their bank balance (debit) versus deferred (credit).

I really hope this gets fixed as can't imagine Alipay would want to miss out on sales. What, it's been 5 days now and no resolution.

Does anyone know how to contact Alipay customer service?

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first Taobao bought/Superbuy shipped parcel arrived last Friday. Shipped via EMS Wuhan. The USPS delivery driver signed the package themselves as "K Turner COVID."
    Parcel freight paid on 7/17/2020
    Parcel shipped out from China 7/20/2020
    Parcel delivered in the USA 7/31/2020

14 days from date shipping freight for order paid to order delivered.
    11 days from order shipped to order delivered.

FT Iceman's legs are in excellent condition (whew! lol)
    upload_2020-8-4_18-49-31.png

upload_2020-8-4_18-50-8.png

upload_2020-8-4_18-50-56.png

upload_2020-8-4_18-51-29.png

upload_2020-8-4_18-51-57.png

upload_2020-8-4_18-52-32.png

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

My second EMS wuhan package is on day 28 since it left China. It was cheap stuff so I did not get insurance. I'm going to bet had I it would of showed up by now. Still not as annoying as my studio cell unicron being on day 14 since it left a 100 miles away from me. 28 days to reach the states 20 days and counting for it to be delivered.

Best part is I have stuff I have to do out of town. The next stop will be delivery. So I am stuck here till it shows up or I have to face driving 3 hours back the day I get a notice of delivery.

Pittney Bowes ...... :mad: 

11. minstral

News Credits:
    I've been looking in my Alipay profile and noticed this message suggesting I need to be further authenticated. Maybe this is the issue now blocking me from paying?

upload_2020-8-5_11-30-37.png

@Starganderfish and @Mark Fuller have you guys completed the authentication? You seem to have successful payments right? Star, less recently

12. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

No, this isn't it. I have the same message. I think everyone who is unverified has it.

I looked around and it doesn't seem to be easy to contact Alipay online. I had done it before, but I forgot how (nightmares coming back!). You can start with TaoBao CS. Tell them your problem and ask them to redirect you to Alipay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. minstral

News Credits:
    I'm chatting with Taobao, the forwarding warehouse. They sent me this link........... 港澳台及海外用户申请个人认证流程 - 服务大厅 - 支付宝

It also suggests I have to authenticate.

I did it earlier today and got this confirmation. But still, payments aren't working.......

upload_2020-8-5_15-51-10.png upload_2020-8-5_15-51-40.png

I'm truly lost!

14. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

Which seller did you get your Athena from?

15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I see the same authentication message on my Alipay account. Don't think it's related.
    My payments are working fine at the moment - just paid for FT Brawn

Cheers, I don't think I've had a seller contact me to ask for payment more than once or twice in my entire experience buying from TaoBao. Its one of the reasons I hate pre-ordering from TB. And probably 80% of the time when I ask a seller if my pre-order is in stock and I can pay the balance, they reply telling me their stock is all sold out and I should have pre-ordered! Its a pain.

I reached out to LBP and he let me know I can complete the order. Final cost for FT Hunk from him via pre-order was 358 plus 30 prepayment. Then whatever international shipping will be, consolidated with a few other figures. Much nicer than the 560 I paid for my second Hunk from an in-stock seller. There's definitely good savings on pre-ordering FT stuff... at least for now.

Now the long wait begins - still waiting for my 2 x Magnum and 2 x Koot to arrive from my 30th June order!!
    2 x Hunk and NewAge Reflector will go in the next shipment.

16. Mark Fuller

lbp always messages me when my preorder comes in stock.. thats weird hey that he doesn't for you.

17. Mark Fuller

just set up a debit card, i reckon you can even do it your phone app now, and transfer the exact money to that account, it will cost u nothing to do, and no risks. coz theres no money in it other than what i put to pay.

18. minstral

News Credits:
    I'll give it a go. Earlier I tried to register my debit card but got the same authentication error, saying my details are wrong. Same in the app too. I'm assuming though, as I can't read Chinese. Maybe there's an English one I can try, I'll have a look

19. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

No choice, you got to contact Alipay via TaoBao CS. Only they will know what's up. (Probably account is locked.)

You might want to call them. They might have English operators.

20. minstral

News Credits:
    I can't get through to Alipay via Taobao CS. I encounter a bot each time and can't progress. Tried chatting in the Alipay app too but again, most of those options are in Chinese so don't know what to do. I might have to call them, but that's going to cost me a bomb, being an overseas number. First time in three years I'm having an issue.

I also created a second Alipay account today in hope I can use that to pay. That one has to be authenticated also, to be able to pay. So blocked there also.