Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

In the list of orders, expand the search terms, then fill in the seller name:

taobao_search_xtn_by_seller.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

This is a short conversation I had from from this seller: CD一笔一画

Me: You're selling 2 versions of KO MP12 - KO & Factory Goods. What's the difference?

(1.5 hours later) Seller: About the same quality.

Me: Is there a version with rubber tires?

(1 hour later) Seller: Both no.

Me: So no difference at all between the 2?

Seller: Quality no good. You better don't buy.

Me:

[​IMG]

3. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

At some point, you are going to buy both and compare for yourself. :D 

Keep one in alt mode and one in bot mode.

4. Hougangkid

Not from that guy for sure, with that kind of sarcastic attitude. Guess he makes enough that he doesn't need my business.
    Don't think I was being unreasonable either, but feel free to correct me.

5. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Sellers usually aren't that well-versed in their products. Usually they'll just say one is better than the other, but won't be able to tell you in what way.

It's better to search forums.

6. Hougangkid

I think the better sellers will at least have some decent knowledge of their products. Even if you don't know, just say you don't know, and that'll be the end of story. No need to be all sarcastic about it. Not helping both sides.

The fact that he's selling 2 versions in the same product page that has no details about both versions, one would assume buyers would ask about the difference, so he should be expecting that kind of question in the first place.

Maybe I just caught him at a bad day, but I wouldn't know cos this is the first time I'm speaking to him (or his staff, whoever...).

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think KO MP-12 Swideswipe ever had rubber tires.
    The only TT MP Kos with rubber tires are certain batches of KO MP-25 Tracks and certain batches of KO MP-26 Road Rage.
    I've read somewhere that KO MP-20 Wheeljack may have rubber tires.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The seller that PO'd FT-42 Hunk from (darkmount aka Black knight model play) notified me this morning that they are asking for the balance on the item. They expect the stock to arrive next week. They will ship paid off preorders then.
    Preorder deposit was 10 yuan
    Balance is 389 yuan.

In the meantime I've submitted the item listing to Superbuy for verification.

9. Hougangkid

One of my regular sellers told me his KO MP-20 Wheeljack had rubber tires last year, but his current stock is now plastic, cos factory changed the material. Seems like no exact way of knowing, unless the seller knows which ones he has.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wished I would have gotten the rubber tire version of KO MP Wheeljack.

11. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ok, I understand how this works now. You can scroll right on the images and that shows the listings. For whatever reason, I can't search for or find a store I purchased from yesterday, in the list, so thought this avenue wasn't working for me. Even added that store as a favourite but still not working. Must be a glitch.

Didn't have much luck with this search though. Search doesn't seem to work for ZW's store, using the nick name 'nnllnnlz'

upload_2020-7-30_9-48-57.png

My search didn't include an Order Number as I'm trying to find say orders from a seller, without know the order number. Maybe that's the issue?

upload_2020-7-30_9-50-26.png

12. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

That's strange. It works for me.

taobao_search_xtn_by_seller2.png

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Works for me. Make sure not to use quotes.
    For instance if I want to look up my orders from THOR TOYS, I simply enter the nickname for that seller. In this case the nickname is sosoboold so it would go like this:

Note the seller's nickname:
    upload_2020-7-29_20-21-37.png

upload_2020-7-29_20-18-11.png

Presto!
    upload_2020-7-29_20-19-8.png

I made sure the Google Chrome page auto translated the text to English to make it easier.

14. minstral

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, managed to get it to work. I was in some instances using the store name and not the sellers' nickname. And in a d'oh moment I was searching for stores I hadn't actually even purchased from! :D 

15. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

I bought quite a few stuff from him... he is being honest... he told me that too when I wanted to buy 1 of the Datsun bros.

true enuff bought from another seller an 1 of the legs broke off..maybe he just wants to give u a heads up... better than u leave a bad review

16. minstral

News Credits:
    Paid up my pre order for Hunk from ZW Transformers. 389 yuan excl. the deposit of 10 yuan. All up 399 yuan so the same as Sheridan (also ZW).

17. stinkyshawn

still no news of hunk from my seller

18. Hougangkid

My recent one has some paint defects, but I'm not complaining, for the price I paid. Quality is fine, otherwise.

IMG_20200727_013408_copy_700x525.jpg IMG_20200726_235909_copy_700x525.jpg IMG_20200726_235614_copy_700x933.jpg IMG_20200726_235532_copy_700x933.jpg IMG_20200727_000644_copy_700x525.jpg IMG_20200727_010929_copy_700x933.jpg

Sometimes, the latest transactions are not updated yet. I've encountered that before. Not sure if refreshing helps, might have to wait a day or 2.

Btw, are you 'sneakily' getting us to show you what we buy on Taobao. :lol 

Based on reviews, MP-12 Sideswipe KO seems almost on par with the official with some minor differences, I don't think it can be called "bad quality" enough for him to advise customers not to buy it. Unless by "bad quality' he means "can tell it is not official".

Even so, why tell customers not to buy? He could have just said "beware if you buy" instead. That would have sounded more believable. For now, his reply still sounds sarcastic to me.

And I also just bought KO MP-17 Prowl. Quality is fine, joints a bit loose if you are really fussy, but otherwise also fine. Everything tabs together in alt mode. Even comes with the shoulder missiles/guns. The only issue I have is the gun is loose when tabbed into the sirens in alt mode for storage.

So I don't understand why he would tell you not to buy the Datsun bros. Does he think everyone who buys KO MP's are fussy and want it to look exactly like official, with no telltale signs?

How's the service from him otherwise, since you've bought stuff from him before?

Did not see your edited post. How did it break?

19. stinkyshawn

not bad.... pretty standard seller
    Screenshot (46).png

20. plastyxdistress

plastyxdistress Well-Known Member

Hello,

Did you initially pay the seller for the preorder directly and then pay off the remaining balance via Superbuy?
    Curious would Superbuy forward the message to pay the remaining balance if initiating a pre-order with them as the proxy/middleperson?

Thanks.