Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for your help. How can I tell if I have registered the correct type of account? I thought of starting again from scratch but it won't even allow me to delete my account! It even says my own email is not available! Someone must have had the same experience?

upload_2020-7-23_9-40-54.png

upload_2020-7-23_9-41-12.png

upload_2020-7-23_9-41-29.png

2. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that's it? Have you tried signing in to alipay to check? Use this method:
    Signing in to Your Alipay Account | Taobao Field Guide

3. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you. I took a screenshot below. The weird thing is that after registering on Taobao and Alipay I've received NO EMAILS so far!?

upload_2020-7-23_12-55-25.png

Currently, it's not letting me purchase anything...

upload_2020-7-23_12-57-17.png

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone find PlayToys 1/6 Armor Warrior Type VI Mark VI Iron Man (KO Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man) on Taobao. If so what name are you using in the search box?
    PlayToys 1/6 Armor Warrior Type VI Mark VI Iron Man

I'm considering canceling my KO MP-44 preorder deposit with ShowZ and considering going with wither Baba or Taobao(Superbuy for the shipping). What I have to keep in mind is that I know it may be bit easier to get takes care of if I need replacement parts from ShowZ or Baba. However, ShowZ's free shipping option by boat/sea can take as long as 43 days shipping time (just received an order from them today that took this long). Meanwhile Baba's free shipping time is taking 14-21 days or less. 14 days or less if I go the Taobao route. Plus Taobao's preorder discount makes this KO about $20-$25 cheaper than Baba and ShowZ.
    What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020
  5. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

I would say there is close to 100% chance it will be flagged as KO with Superbuy. Which will leave you two choices for shipping. EUB and DHL. If its over 2kg EUB will not be an option. I would get it from Baba.

6. AlphaBass

AlphaBass Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If I had a link to someone at Taobao doing the preorder, I'd do that.

I think if you feel like you'll need the replacement parts, paying the extra $20-25 can be considered "insurance" and will ease your mind, along with the guarantee of quicker shipping. Taobao would be a roll of the dice, but the cheaper (and generally solid) option.

I'd say go with Baba. At least you have a relationship with him, and the price of doing business with a reputable person.

7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    If it gets flagged as KO, is there a disadvantage of using EUB and DHL? Would the sose shipping costs be very high?
    Extra $20-$25?

8. AlphaBass

AlphaBass Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How much is MP44KO going for, CM? Or do they know that yet?

If it's $80, I may rethink that extra $20-25. If it's $140? I think it might be worth it for the parts in case anything goes wrong.

9. Hawkwave

If your shipping one figure EUB price is actually the best atm, unless your risking SAL shipping. If you are shipping several it changes. DHL is very expensive and will likely double your cost of the figure.

I currently have Cang Toys Landbull in the warehouse. He is the same height as MP44. He weighs 1360 grams. When I put it into ship it estimates the weight to be 1876 grams. But all those accessories that come with the KO will probably push it over 2kg and you wont be able to use EUB. It would cost $90 to ship Landbull DHL.

10. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Baba has it Landbull at $100 shipped and that’s what I go for. It is really heavy to ship.

11. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Have you added a credit card or debit card to AliPay?

12. Hawkwave

I regret not doing that honestly. If I ship it rght now it will costs what it costs at Chosen Prime. I will have to wait for more figures before I ship it.

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    So basically due to it's shipping weight being over 2kg it is a good idea to get KO MP-44 from Taobao/SB BUT ONLY if I'm shipping it with one other or more items so that other cheaper shipping options like EMS Wuhan become available.

A couple of sellers are estimating 428 yuan to 448 yuan (currently $61 USD to $64 USD) minus whatever discount they give for preordering. This is before the 3% Alipay fee and shipping costs.

14. Hawkwave

@ChromeMagnus

No, if your item is identified as KO you will only be able to ship it EUB or DHL. EUB will not ship a package over 2kg. And I think that KO will be over 2kg. So you will have to ship DHL and it will cost you like $100 to ship it.

You wont be able to combine ship it at all.

15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    ShowZ is currently accepting preorders for a new "cartoon" repaint of XTB Eligos. Most likely in the same vein as the upcoming "cartoon" Andras and Swarm pack.
    [Pre-Order] XTransbots MX-3T Eligos Cyclonus G1 Cartoon Version

Baba is accepting preorders as well but they haven't listed it as the cartoon version. Maybe they are unaware that it is the new cartoon version
    Pre-order Transformers toy X-Transbots MX-III Eligos Cyclonus Action Figure

LBP's preorder will be the cartoon version based on their description.
    X社 MX-3 狂飙 MX-III 目标战士变形玩具 小蜜蜂 X-Transbots-淘宝网
    upload_2020-7-24_0-20-54.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I see.
    Why does Superbuy shipping do this with KOs?

17. Hawkwave

Its the mail services who set the limits. Otherwise they would not let you do it at all. I will say that the ceo of superbuy is on record saying that he will fight counterfit merchandise. I always thought it was lip service, but with the crackdown on Weijiang and how it seems to be gaining more publicity I wonder what is going to happen next.

I was not planning on buying that Mp44 Ko at this time. There are so many figures landing on me in the next few months. KOs get a lot of reprints, but with the crackdown I went ahead and bought it off Baba. 2 left btw.

18. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thor Toys is asking for balance for FT Hunk. Not sure the price though.

19. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Good news is after 9 days in customs my Cellicron has finally been dispatched. Bad news is delivery is showing tomorrow, but I had it sent to my office. So no weekend of joy playing with it. Monday it is unless I get an unexpected update and it makes it to the local PO on time to go out today.

That’s 25 days with SAL from ship to delivery via SuperBuy to Los Angeles, with tracking.

20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    What are your thought's on Baba's disclaimer note for their KO MP-44?
    upload_2020-7-24_11-42-8.png

@hoptimusprime there you go.

That's not too bad seeing as how SAL can take up to 30 days prior to the pandemic slowing shipping down. You're in California so you guys receive items from China a bit faster anyways. For me in Georgia, it would probably be 31 days.
    Will you ship more items via SAL again?
    Keep us posted on the condition of your shipment and contents once it arrives.