Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it is in the works for USA?
    Do you happen to have a screenshot of the direct shipping option as it is now?
    1. JUJIANG JJ-02 Jet Commander Set SUPERION
    I can't speak on it since I don't have it.

2. THF Ultra Magnus.
    Outside of the ratcheted legs, and no butt flap, it has some qc issues, the worst being the right shoulder not staying tabbed to the body and easily coming loose.
    Overall, IMO the official Takara version is better.

3. TE-01. Trust me, you'll love it!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No idea if it's in the works for you guys. It depends on your official agents. For us, we get an additional selection at the checkout page like this,
    kc-oss-1532424947376-3.png
    (Taken from the help pages and slightly outdated)

Everything else is mostly the same, just that the warehouse skips waiting for your input and immediately packs and dispatch the parcel.

It's not a scam call is it? DHL scam calls have been on the rise again lately.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

ft galvatron 2nd batch... any1 knows when in 2020? I cant stand the waittttttttttt

4. AlphaBass

AlphaBass Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thought of it, but I C&P the number into DHL's site and it was legit. Just arrived in DC so it should come by tomorrow.

5. AlphaBass

Ebay:
    DHL delivered this today.

First thought: man his left ankle isn't setting right.
    Second thought: he feels solid.
    After about 10 minutes: Pound for pound, this is looking to me like the best Prime available for the money. I haven't even replaced the head yet and he looks so cartoon-like.

I thought MP-10G might be the centerpiece of my collection. Te-01 is making me rethink that. More to come, but thanks for the recommendation @ChromeMagnus. This guy is the bomb!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    No problem.

Now you need TE-01B.

7. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

1. what i paid for the JJ Commander set. worth every penny.
    2. thf ultra is a crap shoot. those shoulders can come loose from the peg for sure but it doesnt ruin the shoulder imo. idk what you mean by shoulder though the red stays connected the back peg does pop from time to time.
    3. dont have one. MS-01 og ftw

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    JJ Superion - Not bad at all. Remove the arms and the jets make a cracking toon accurate set of alt modes. Some added paint finishes and they'll look amazing. The bot modes are nicely articulated and look pretty good. I never bothered to combine it (only wanted for alt modes) but supposed to be good. And of course TaoBao price was excellent US$55 for the set. Boxes are big and the whole thing is about 4kg though so probably close to double that with shipping. I have Zeta Superion and am collecting FT's set so they aren't quite in the same league but I really like the alt modes. They look EXACTLY like the cartoon character models.

THF Ultra Magnus - Excellent. As good as or better than the official. Love the butt flap. I picked him up to serve as an alt mode copy next to my official in bot mode, and ended up flipping the official into vehicle mode and displaying THF in bot.

TE-01 - Totally smashing as an MP Prime. Looks more toon accurate then MP-44 to my eye as it has similar proportions without all the gaps, exposed hinges and broken sculpt of the overpriced official. Lacks all the extra's of course, but at this point in the collection, you probably have too many trailers floating around anyways (MP-10, MP-09, MotorMaster etc) The only limitation is the lack of thigh swivel but it's barely noticeable. I personally like the MS Prime just a smidge better in bot mode because he has a buff presence to him, but it's a real close contest and my preference can change at the drop of a pin.

Get them all, but just be aware - JJ is 5 seperate boxes, THF is another big box and I recall TE was reasonably sized as well. Between box size and combined weight, it could be an expensive shipment.

As for me, Darkmount finally came through with my pre-ordered Jabber - 2 weeks after I bought one from Galaxy Power. :rolleyes: 
    Final price was 450 Yuan (not including shipping of course) which is a fair site cheaper, and I was going to get a 2nd for alt mode display anyways. So it's not a total disaster.
    Still, If I pre-order a product, I expect to be told if I'm going to miss out on the first batch. Why would I pre-order at all if I was willing to wait? Darkmount's off my preferred seller's list and I have no further outstanding pre-orders with him so he's going in the "only as a last resort" seller list.

I'm bundling everything up and shipping out ASAP as there's less than 2.5 weeks till my office shuts down for Christmas. If a package arrives after that, I have no idea what 4PX would do with it so I'm setting myself a deadline of this Wednesday. Anything that isn't ready to ship by then, waits till after New Years. Hopefully Jabber sneaks through.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlphaBass

Ebay:
    JJ-02 did come in 5 boxes - they squished Silverbolt's box, but no damage to the contents. The pieces are really nice, though I only had about 10 minutes to check out Silverbolt and Air Raid. Both felt solid, strong. Nice to go with my Jinbao Bruticus and PotP Predaking.

Hyper Mags is HUGE. Wasn't expecting the size of the box, but the accessories are nice.

TE-01's 2nd head antennae are bent. Disappointing. But being able to recreate the iconic pose from TF:TM? Yeah, I'm liking this piece more and more.

10. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone planning for 12.12 event on Taobao? 11.11 turns out not too bad in terms of package condition and shipping time, may want to grab something on 12.12.

11. Kung Fu Roo

heres how superbuy still does me. requested shipping on the 11th after hours...

• 2019-12-09 22:25:00[GUANGZHOU (CN)] International departure '- enroute to Australia
    • 2019-12-09 21:13:00[GUANGZHOU (CN)] Arrived at facility
    • 2019-12-09 15:24:00[CN-516000, CHINA] Received item from Sender (Outbound)
    Ship From:China
    • 2019-12-09 20:52:09[广州市] 到达中国邮政速递物流股份有限公司广州市国际邮件处理中心处理中心(经转)
    • 2019-12-09 17:39:02[惠州市] 离开惠州市 发往广州市
    • 2019-12-09 16:36:02[惠州市] 到达 中国邮政速递物流股份有限公司惠州市邮件处理中心 处理中心
    • 2019-12-09 16:33:33[惠州市] 已离开物流同城配送中心,发往中国邮政速递物流股份有限公司惠州市邮件处理中心
    • 2019-12-09 15:24:00[惠州市] 物流同城配送中心已收件(叶志城)
    • 2019-12-09 03:16:38[广州市] 离开广州市 发往悉尼(经转)

only two bots and a pair of shoes.. need moaaar nemesis.. would complain about the crinkled box but eh... imma cut it up anyway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Has anyone heard from their seller about FT-30C Goose preorders coming into stock soon?

13. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

I asked Thor toys yesterday and they said “this month”. I was hoping to shop is with black god bomber but I might not make the time frame

14. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Make sure the discount is real. :D 

I have received Capone. Package is 74cm x 25.5cm x 13cm, or 4.08 kg (volumetric). Warehouse weighed it at 4.04 kg (obviously volumetric).

The actual box is 66cm x 21cm x 11.5cm, or 2.66 kg (volumetric).

That's a difference of 1.5 kg (rounded up).

No wonder Capone was heavier than what I expected.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solskjaer

News Credits:
    Did you pre-order black god bomber? Why not wait and save on shipping?

My seller told me XTB motormaster is supposed to hit by the end of this month, hopefully together with FT Goose. Regular god bomber will arrive after the new year.

16. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered Black God Bomber and was hoping I could ship it with something else but I'm not sure anything else will be available. If Goose comes this month I should be able to consolidate the shipping and save.

17. solskjaer

News Credits:
    It will be very quite before now and end of this year, only XTB motormaster and FT Goose seem possible.

18. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very annoying. Something flipped in Taobao's algorithm and now most of the MFT KO Waruder Suit listings are now restricted to sea-shipping only, including the exact same listing i used earlier that shipped via air fine.

19. Kung Fu Roo

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  20. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me, but it was a DVD boxset.

Bought it without issue first time. Then, I needed replacement due to spoilt DVDs. To my surprise, the same item could only be shipped by sea. Luckily, other items weren't affected, so used the substitution method.