Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have the link for that thread?

3. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

As mentioned, you need a real order id -- you have to buy something from the seller -- else the package will be rejected by the Singapore warehouse (other warehouses may not).

You can always buy something else to fill up the first 1 kg, either from the same seller or other sellers.

I would suggest using something else than the top-up listing. They are often vague enough that they are rejected by the (Singapore) warehouse.

4. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Ya, I was planning to buy other stuff for the seller, especially if he comes thru with the replacement parts, just to support his service. 12.12 coming up soon, anyway. :) 

5. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

nothing to get atm in Taobao.... just waiting for pre orders to hit in dec

6. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Argh, my Capone has been rejected by the Singapore direct shipping warehouse cos it exceeded the size limit.

I wonder if it is because I selected delivery by pop-station, max 42x37x61 cm. (I overlooked that it was super long.)

Or Capone's packaging is so long that its length exceeded 80cm.

Getting too complacent.

7. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

home delivery for 1 item?

8. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Rejected by warehouse in China, not in Singapore yet.

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I thought you were shipping to the USA as the final destination. If so, shouldn't the package be going to the Taobao overseas shipping warehouse in Zhongshan City? The Zhongshan warehouse accepted my DX9 D14 Capone package this morning at about 6:25AM EST/7:25PM China time.
    I bought it from Thor Toys.

Heads up to anyone shipping DX9 Capone to the USA from Taobao's Zhongshan warehouse.
    For those wondering about the shipping weight for capone.

In my case:
    Actual weight 4.2kg
    Volumetric weight 4.5kg
    Since volumetric is larger (although only slightly) they went with volumetric weight
    4.500 kg = ( 30 cm * 30 cm * 30 cm) / 6000 = 4.5kg
    So overseas shipping fee was 237 yuan +3% alipay = 244.11 yuan = $34.72 USD

As it turns out in this case, the shipping cost for the actual weight would have been exactly the same as the shipping cost used for volumetric weight. Fedex shows the package weight at 3.99kg.
    upload_2019-12-1_12-33-1.png

upload_2019-12-1_12-33-13.png

$102.77 In stock price
    $34.72 USD overseas shipping fee.
    = $137.49 USD Grand Total for DX9 Capone

Had I known Baba was gonna have a $10 off $100 or more plus $5 off as part of their current Black Friday sale, I could've gotten it from them for $2.50 more and have the comfort of knowing the package/contents won't be opened for inspection.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019
  10. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

mp 01 ko seller being slow may have to get a refund.. a few more days and f him if he doesnt send that shat to me warehouse.. was suppose to be here by now so i could put it up for xmas on ebay

11. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

No, I'm shipping to Singapore. :) 

Either the US warehouse is more lax (it has the same restrictions as the Singapore warehouse), I made a mistake or it is really too long.

I'm expecting 3.x kg at most, actually.

Has anyone else shipped Capone to Singapore using either direct or consolidated warehouse?

12. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    After going through all my 11.11 haul, all 3 of the bots I received struck lottery:

• My YueXing Hulkie KO has completely loose elbow joints. Currently awaiting seller to get the replacement parts from the factory
    • My CW Devy KO has one tab already broken out of the box. Its plastic is thin because it's undersized. Luckily, it's not a crucial tab, so I can live with that. Scavenger and Bonecrusher have loose legs and arms, but those are all ball joints, so it's an easy fix
    • My Daban Gravity Builder has Hook's heel broken off when I tried to transform it. I transformed it correctly, and didn't even use any force. Seems like the plastic is old and brittle.

Contacted Boutique toy model shop 精品玩具模型店铺 about getting a replacement for my Daban broken heel part. He was hesitant to get a replacement for me, and only offered to do so if I buy something else from him. If you are local, he also won't replace for you, he'll give you Daban's email address and ask you to write in to Daban's factory yourself (he initially thought I was a local).

Doesn't seem like this guy has good customer service. Might avoid him in the future. I've only contacted him twice - before and after sale. He has never sounded friendly and helpful, unlike other sellers.

13. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

I had issues with this seller as well. I completely avoid him now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

IIRC, the operandi modus for KO is that any issue will be handled by the factory, not the seller.

It is my fault. The package's length is 76cm, so it can be shipped normally.

15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    What happened?

For those that have FT-31C Goose on preorder (or are thinking about it)
    Pic courtesy of @XBurner071's original post in the FT Aerialbots thread.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
  16. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    I had emailed Daban before, and they say they don't send replacement parts overseas. Have you come across any KO companies that do? Would be good to know. If not, have to get your Taobao seller to process and ship for you. Or find someone in China who can forward it for you.

Right now, I'm trying to convince Daban to send to me directly cos the part is really small, SD card size, weighs almost nothing, and can fit in a regular envelope. Postage should be the minimum rate, guessing about 5 Yuan. I also offered to pay for it, but they need to figure out how to do that. They say they'll get back to me.

My other seller has told me that replacement parts for my YueXing Hulkie are on the way from the factory. :) 

17. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

For local buyers only, of course.

You can use ezbuy.

18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So given Christmas and FansToys usual Chinese embargo... mid January?

Guess I can wait. Maketoys first Conehead is on its way to the warehouse today and I have 4 x New Age Legends Seekers on their way as well. That’s plenty of jets to tide me over for a while

19. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Stuff to do with refunds. I can't really , was a while ago.

20. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Mark me down as the 3rd person to have issues with this seller. They shipped something out and it got rejected somewhere along the line and tracking stopped progressing. The address they used had the incorrect unique shipping ID. In their defense they refunded me the item and I purchased it again, all without them getting the rejected item back in their hands yet. The kicker is they're saying the courier has picked up the second attempt but tracking hasn't started and it's not marked as shipped. I'm thinking the seller is waiting for the returned item after all.

I purchased on Dec 1 and still no sign of shipping having commenced. It's never taken this long with other sellers. Boutique Model Shop said this '快递已经拿走发出了,晚点会填上单号'.

Will avoid using them again in future I think