Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I use superbuy for the simple fact they can bulk store for me until im ready to ship multiple items. a make considerable savings that way

• Like Like x 1
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ? TaoBao do the same thing. Items get sent from the seller to a central warehouse. My items get sent to the Donguan warehouse. They stay in storage in the warehouse until you tell them to ship. I can go in at any time and choose to consolidate multiple products from different sellers into a single shipment. You can leave them in the warehouse for about a month for free and they charge you a couple of yuan a day after that (a few cents).
    I always consolidate multiple products into a single shipment.
    My standard process is to buy several items over a two week period and when they are all in the warehouse and ready to go, I ship them in a single batch. I do that because I get paid every two weeks so it works perfectly for my budgeting but I could easily do that once a month instead.
    The TaoBao consolidated shipping rate is considerably lower than Superbuys. The only advantage Superbuy has in the consolidation area is the range of shipping options. You can choose to send by a faster but more expensive method. But even with that, TaoBao generally gets stuff to me in a week anyways for considerably less (unless I screw up and send by boat like I’ve done recently.)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Truong3016

Truong3016 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmn. I have no idea what that even is. But... sculpt a few customs parts, slap a coat of gold paint on it, and it would make a reasonable facimile of “TEN” the mono-syllabic bouncer from Swerves bar in the IDW Lost Light comics ...
    E57625B8-B3F1-49EC-A208-BBE0935A1E6A.png 3482C294-2B1B-46FF-A53C-2B200E461247.png

5. Truong3016

Truong3016 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oops sorry he not event a TF to begin with :p 
    He's just an action figure that I miss out on the previous release from the company name Toy notch
    His name is Apollo anywait
    here is a review of him

6. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

That's something I don't understand. I think it may not be as simple as we think as I have seen some sellers mentioned some items can't be bought with 20 off 200 yuan. Also, if you are ware of Taobao coins (similar to Ebay bucks), many sellers don't allow me to use Taobao coin to pay balance for pre-ordered item. I originally think Taobao is giving the discount if we use Taobao coin but if it is the case, then I don't understand why sellers don't allow me to use Taobao coins as they lose nothing.

How much do they charge based on the weight and how does it compare to Taobao's official shipping?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
  8. plastyxdistress

plastyxdistress Active Member

Note that to purchase Taobao items via Superbuy, you're required to add money into your Superbuy account fund up front. Superbuy has their own determined exchange rate and it is not on par to market rate, currently it is ~8% less than market rate. Excluding a few select countries, your sole option is to add funds only via paypal, which you'll also be responsible to cover the paypal fees of 2.9%. Shipping costs also are deducted from your Superbuy account funds, so you're dinged again by their lower exchange rate. That is one revenue stream for their operations as a middleperson Taobao proxy.

In spite of their fees (lower exchange rate) the customer service is quite good. But you should consider which is best deal for yourself on particular items, whether buying via a direct seller, eBay, Aliexpress, Amazon, etc. at a known total cost vs Superbuy's estimated cost (factoring in their exchange rate + weight dependent shipping cost).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Noted

Ahhh, I have those two already. Oh well.
    @junkbot Other than Superbuy, you can always try 42Agent.

10. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Excellent. Thx

11. solskjaer

I don't know there are some many hidden fees here and there. Thank you for the info. Since Taobao charged ~10% fax since Oct on purchases shipped to CA, USA, I was thinking whether to use a 3rd party agency to save on Taxes, but look like if I take everything into account, I may well just continue to use Taobao's official shipping.

12. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

You can always buy something else. :)  The seller is 大头兔玩具店 (big head rabbit toy shop). I like his moniker. :D 

He seems to have coupons regularly -- I've bought from him a few times. Currently, among others, he has 25 off 299 yuan and 30 off 200 yuan (pre-11.11 sale).

He is also in Guangdong, so shipping to warehouse is fast.

I don't bother with TaoBao coins. I think they expire regularly? Recently I had 15 coins and they gave just 0.15 yuan discount? I forgot if I even used it.

Pre-order items are already at discounted price, so sellers won't let you discount further (i.e. no stacking with store coupons). This 11.11 promotion may be different. It's best to check with the seller.

(I'm curious to know why a seller doesn't allow 20 off every 200 yuan for some items.)

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'll check 'em out.

14. solskjaer

I think I have saved quite a decent amount of money over the last couple of years through Taobao coins.

Exactly my point is that if the 20 off every 200 yuan event and Taobao coins are covered by Taobao itself, there is no point to not let people use it unless seller has to be responsible for say a portion. I just don't understand how it works.

Take Ebay as an example, no seller will stop you from using any coupon and ebay bucks as Ebay is the one who covers them and seller doesn't lose a penny.

15. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

You should ask the seller why he disallows it, then let us know. ;) 

Do you have a listing where the seller says no 20 off every 200 yuan? I can check with the seller.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    No probs.

Here's a couple links about Taobao agent reviews.
    The second link has a couple videos about buying direct from Taobao.

taobao agent review - YouTube

taobao agent - YouTube

Youtube in general has lots of tutorials on Taobao. Feel free to run a search and explore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. solskjaer

When I am free and have nothing to do, I may ask, :) 

Like this, I don't how it is translated in English but based on what I understand, you can't use 20 off every 200 on him. By 'can't' I mean you can still use it but seller may not honor the sale.

第三方 MMC 2019TFCON会场限定 蝙蝠议员 全新 现货-淘宝网

My Jabber's tracking is active also but no updates since.

My last two shipment both took ~5 days before leaving Hong Kong. I kind of remember previously the shipment left Hong Kong relatively fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2019
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Give it another day or so.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  20. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1