Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Khyron

Khyron Well-Known Member

Just bought the MS-01 OP and the final weight 1.1kg.

• Like Like x 1
  2. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I've bought both of them. TS-01 weighed 1.130 KG and TE-01 weighed 1.065 KG. TS arrived wrapped in bubble wrap and a box whilst TE arrived in it's on external TE box. The funny thing is though that TE feels heavier in hand than TS.

Given their weights you really need to ship either of these with something else to absorb the 400gm of weight you've already paid for, if just shipping TS / TE.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys!
    That means the Taobao official EMS warehouse will calculate their shipping fee based on 1.5 kg for each. The always round up to the highest 0.5kg.
    Now I should be able to price compare Taobao sellers vs Ebay sellers and ShowZ.

4. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

i went back to check the weight but its weight is no longer listed in my product details since i shipped out. it wasnt that heavy. iirc it was a little over 1000g.

5. Kung Fu Roo

saw the inspection pics of tw krank..

paint and mod materials ready...

anyway

all my items have been delivered to the warehouse. i would have been in position to ship out before CNY if that jackoff actually had those opticlones in stock and sent them out too. if my refund is credited today/tonight i might rush ordering other things i still try and beat cny. idk what i want now. too many chopice in a sense and i dont really want anything specific. would like to upgrade tumblr but my brain wont let me pay 300+ cny for toro. i wish toro and ollie came as a two pack for about 400 cny.. my brain would sign off on that.. speaking of 400...i might just order mp 33 and 35 kos to complete my autobot TT KO set.. which is most of them minus magnus, star saber and a few off colors and those two would be 400 ish.

6. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

wat is 400 cny?

7. Kung Fu Roo

its chinese yuan aka rmb

400 cny = 58 usd = 82 AUD

Second time ive been stiffed on taobao when spending over 500 cny. first was an out of stock mp-09b and now this out of stock KFC crap. good thing i have an agent to handle that bs. technically its user error bs, i could have contacted the vendor and double checked stock, but ya know.. mp 33 and 35 come out to around 400 cny. VS the cheapest i can get on ebay + 10% gst, its basically a buy one, get one free deal ordering them from taobao. my shipping will be spread out, so at most it will be 5-10 AUD per figure... nearly a buy one get one.

i just dont care for those two characters. i keep pushing off that buy, much like the jet commander buy. ill get them eventually though. i should just buy those while i have the credit to get any of them. if i wasnt waiting to see what jinbao is doing with their superion, id probably would have gotten jj awhile back.......but watch me buy some bullshit mod project like sxs blurr that ill get to next year and ill buy some minibot like aod powerglide, even though i dont care for powerglide... yeah i can see that happening instead of buying any of the said above or another bot from my list.. i mean im at gigapower grassor territory with my credit.. i must say, having that reximus prime... he sure does look beautiful.... but lonely...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    You can always go back and check the weight on past orders no matter how long ago it shipped out.

Go to the page that lists all your past orders and follow the steps shown.
    Look in the freight column on Step 3.
    Buying Transformers on Taobao

9. Kung Fu Roo

i dont order on taobao and their system though. its done via superbuy with taobao product URLs

the weight on superbuy wasnt listed like it was prior to shipping but i did manage to find the estimated or real weight?? via some other link. MS-01 came out to 762 grams. figure/accessories and retail box i suppose.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Do you guys have links to the listings you bought from?

11. Kung Fu Roo

also.. speaking on superbuy shipping. much like the last order i have items in this batch that superbuy australian air wont ship out.

reason below:

特殊商品 = Special commodity

that was the reason on two different products. MP 39 KO and TW Cup. perhaps the listing or something? IDK. the badcube and that genuine takara body werent flagged.

i guess ill try out equick this go around. their estimate on those four is 6 CNY more than superbuy australian air

12. Kung Fu Roo

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kung Fu Roo

also, i just weighed ms-01 on a digital scale with all accessories and retail box and it came out to 718g. so i take it superbuys scale is a lil heavy..how dare they lol.. or mine is a lil light

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Thanks. I just like to go by the actual weight provided by Taobao's own forwarding warehouse since that is what I use instead of a private/3rd party forwarding agent like Superbuy. According to @minstral the shipping weight will be about the same for both MS-01 and TE-01......1.5kg.

15. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if that's equivalent to the vague "Contraband Item" reason official forwarders gave for rejecting my previous package. I eventually got it into the warehouse by buying the same item (Hot Soldiers Ratchet) from a completely different seller and listing without any triggerwords.

That seems not too unreasonable, cardboard + the air inside can add quite a bit a weight to it, enough to push it above 1kg.

16. Kung Fu Roo

yeah the shipping cardboard would push it over..

looking at those listings, the two targeted had transformed in the title, one said ko and one said g1. the two not targeted both had genuine in the title, transformers was in them too, but not the word transformed.. idk...

17. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish the forwarders would just tell us clearly which phrases are banned. It's been a guessing game with the official forwarders since we discovered it last year, and it now seems that Superbuy has been doing that too. At least they don't flat out block every combination of "变形" and "金刚", the two generic phrases that form "变形金刚" (Transformers)

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Hey guys. My Zeta Silver Arrow reached the EMS in Zhongshan warehouse this morning for shipment to the USA. However they did not weigh it at 3kg or 4kg. Instead they weighed it at 6.3kg
    upload_2019-1-23_8-13-47.png

I've just made the seller aware of this issue in the Aliwang chat. I await their response. I'm thinking maybe they used a shipping box that was rather big. Should I contact the EMS customer service online chat agent later tonight when they open about this. I'm gonna need to have the EMS warehouse return the package so the seller can re-ship using a smaller shipping box or give me a refund and I will buy from another seller. What do you guys think? How would I go about instructing the warehouse to return it to the seller?

The seller quickly responded. He claimed the toy itself without any shipping box or packing materials is 4.5kg. I said it shouldn't be that heavy. I sold him to use a smaller box and less or no packing material. Does anyone know if the figure is in a styrofoam shell? If so he may need to reship with no bubble wrap so he can fit it into the smallest shipping box possible to reduce the weight.

A shipping charge of 325 yaun plus 3% alipay fee is 334.75 yaun or $49.31 USD shipping fee. The figure itself was $87 USD. If I were to accept this charge then then grand total would be $136.31. Which is $1.31 higher than SHowZ's price. I might as well get it from ShowZ if that's the case.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  19. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

325??? wooowwww… that's the cost of a whole new bot

maybe tell him u wan it loose... o_O 

20. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best is to ask if the warehouse can reweigh it, that has no charges.

@appchasers done a warehouse>seller return prevously, this was the info I dug up for that.

You might want to consider eating the extra cost due to CNY, making a separate post on cut off times.

• Like Like x 1