Buying Transformers on Taobao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I purchased a bunch of different stuff, it all was individually boxed and then consolidated into the potato sack. Overall size was pretty hefty probably 80 x 60 x 60cm. Weight was only 4.15kg. Charge was only yuan 285. Probably enough to get volumetric charges if in US, but for Aus, was still reasonable.
    I'm very curious to see what something like the WeiJiang or DX9 Omega Supremes will ship for though.
    upload_2018-3-19_17-32-57.png

2. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me also. One can always ask the seller first as they'd have an idea. My guess is it can't be more than constructor.

3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmn, I haven't had much luck communicating with sellers around the international warehouse shipping. A lot of them don't even seem to know how it works or that it's a thing. I've ended up getting them even more confused when I've tried to explain it!!
    And I doubt many would know what the international shipping would be fr Omega Supreme as that's determined by TaoBao warehouse not the seller. But given that I've already had some pretty big shipments from TaoBao with reasonable shipping I'm not too worried. Plus, I can only imagine what someplace like BBTS or TFSource would charge to ship this monster to Aus!!
    The TaoBao price for WeiJiang's Omega is just too good. I think I'm going to get that instead of DX9's. It's essentially the price of a mid-sized MP bot like Meteor or Provider for something the size of Constructor. And it looks really good.

4. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, I was a bit vague. I have asked seller's what the item weighs if they ship it. Then apply the shipping rate which is ¥65 for first 1kg and ¥20 for 500 gm there after. It's a good gauge before committing 帮助中心

• Like Like x 1
  5. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

My first experience with Taobao was a bust. I tried to order an FT Sever, and the seller claimed that he shipped it to the warehouse, but it never showed up. It took me about a month between ordering, realizing it wasn't coming, and filing a complaint to get my money back. Now I know better that you should only deal with those with really good reps (even though the guy I ordered from had a fair amount of positive feedback, it was only one diamond), and communicate with the seller first.

If I attempt to order again, I'll probably go with one of the intermediaries, though they seem to charge a pretty hefty premium on shipping relative to the standard Chinese warehouses, which bugs me more than the 10% commission they get for their service.

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you looking for just regular Sever?

7. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I was. I just won an auction on eBay a couple days back. Now the only one I'm actively looking for is Grinder. I saw your post in his thread just yesterday about the Taobao offering!

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

since citi Costco card no longer charges foreign transaction fee it's seems to make more sense for me to pay directly using the credit card instead of going through Alipay, any pro/cons by paying this way?

9. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure it works that way. I think Alipay to Taobao is PayPal to eBay. Only one payment method

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I think you can only use Alipay, especially being an overseas customer.

11. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Hope my order comes through by Friday

IMG_0330.PNG

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  12. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Do you need an agent to buy on Taobao or do they ship directly? is the shipping prohibitive? I was looking at some Zeta Toys products and if the shipping/agent fees is anything more than $15, it basically equals the price on aliexpress or ebay?

13. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Taobao ships direct to select countries (I think). If you don't have the option upon setting up an account I guess you have to use an agent

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm in the USA and I've never used an agent.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Is Takara's MP09 Masterpiece Rodimus being reissued?? I'm seeing listings popping up for a 2018 reprint from many ofthe more popular sellers. These do not appear to be KOs or loose but new/complete copies. These seem to new MISB. If this is truly the case I wonder if their will be improvements made. This may be the chance to grab MP09 MISB without paying outrageous Ebay scalper prices.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    On your pc, go to the settings for on for your Google chrome browser and set pages to automatically translate to English.

17. rodpat

rodpat Member

Hello everybody, I need an advice, I bought DX9 dx12 from taobao, but my package was rejected because is big, I used EMS for overseas and ZTO express for domestic shipping, now I am waiting for the package is retorned to the seller. The seller told me that I need to choose a mode of transportation that can send larger package... any help, please?, I live in USA.

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    That means once you are ready to re-order you'll have to pick JCEX/USPS or UPS. Both of which will be much more expensive because those overseas shipping warehouses calculate the shipping fee based on the more expensive volumetric weight instead of actual weight. I ran into the same issue a month or so ago when my FansToys FT-20G Terminus Giganticus Guardian Robot set was returned to the seller because the shipping box it was in was too big. My seller refunded my money and we re-did the transaction. This time he shipped it without the bubble wrap and therefore was able to pack it in a slightly smaller box. The EMS warehouse accepted the package this time and all was good. The seller I used was Thor Toys. Try communicating with your seller to see if they can do the same thing.

19. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I am if you know if one ! :) 

20. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

I noticed that as well...I also notice re-issues of wheeljack, bluestreak and smokescreen. I wonder if these are "+" versions......?