Buying Masterpiece Quality Transformers In the USA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RevPeteW, Oct 8, 2014.

1. RevPeteW

RevPeteW Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Hope one of you good people might be able to help.

I'm traveling to the USA in the next few days. My trip will see me in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Austin.

Is there anywhere (stores etc) that I would be able to add to my G1 masterpiece/3rd party Transformer collection. Might need to satisfy my addiction whist I'm on honeymoon - I have a very understanding wife.

Many thanks.

2. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Regular retail, just TRU for Prowl, Sunstorm, and if you're lucky, Acid Storm.

As for specialty shops, see if anyone from those areas post here, or you can ask at their respective sightings threads

3. TF Collector

TF Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah^ TRU, oh and sometimes you may need to ask if they have any in the back. It's happened to me. There were none on the shelf, and 4 in the back. Good Luck!

4. RevPeteW

Thanks guys, appreciate the assistance. Thanks for the tip.

Will certainly look for the seekers.

Looking forward to my first trip over the pond, the 11 hour flight not so haha.

Thanks again.

5. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Check facebook forums as well as the sightings forums here. Even if you dont find a store (though I'm pretty sure there are a few based in CA and TX) you might find someone selling what you're looking for...just dont spend too much time hunting or you may be hunting for a lawyer, too.
    Congrats on the marriage,sounds like you found a keeper.

6. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    You can also try ebay and TFW's B/S/T. Since you'll be in the States, you can buy from people who don't do international shipping and you can probably save on shipping compared to having it shipped to Europe.

7. Nordh

Nordh Well-Known Member

8. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
  9. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    For San Francisco, Cards and Comics central on Geary usually has a good amount of stuff. I haven't been there since I moved away years ago, but I still see them at toy shows. They often have a lot of the G1 reissues, MP's, Yamato Macross, and other high end collector stuff.

Cards and Comics Central - Welcome!

If you are in the Los Angeles area, "Frank and Son" is a gigantic collector swap meet that is open on Wednesdays and weekends. They are not in Los Angeles exactly, they are in the City of Industry, so depending on where in LA you are, it could be a 30 min + drive. It may be worth it though, it looks like a toy show.

The link does not appear to be working right now, but you can google "Frank and Son collectible show"

Good luck!

10. RevPeteW

Overwhelmed with the help/advice, thank you all. Will do a bit of research on the suggestions and contact ToyDojo.

Really appreciate the help.

Oh and Jazz342, she is for sure. The reason we're in Austin is so I can go to the F1 Grand Prix. Yep she's letting me spend 3 days of our honeymoon watch cars go round a track! haha.

11. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Sounds like you have a VERY understanding wife, and this sounds like a wonderful honeymoon! Actually, my own honeymoon, a couple of years ago, was to the same general area: round trip starting in LA and taking us through California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah... I can practically guarantee you'll have a great time! Except for the 11 hour flights there and back, which indeed suck.

And, ughh, wished I'd known about Cards and Comics when I was in SF in October of last year: spent 5 days in SF, went to Japantown, took plenty of busses all along Geary from Union Square to Point Lobos but never noticed them at all!!! Still, I had 5 straight days of wonderful weather and blue skies: and that's supposed to be pretty extraordinary for SF.

12. RevPeteW

Thanks alldarker, she is. In fact our apartment is more like a bachelor pad- the wife allows me to display/put up anything I like. A very cool girl indeed.

Yeah I'm hoping that it's everything we're expecting. A lot of driving but hired a Camaro, so should be fun. I'll take that guarantee haha.