buy one get one half off all transformers at TRU Sunday

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Asterios, Jul 9, 2010.

1. tomigaoka

tomigaoka Well-Known Member

it would be a dream come true if those little guys will transform, i decided to pass on this entire line since im not into legends class of 2 pack

2. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Couple of q's.

When does the sale end?

And when does the actual stocking take place? I called my tru and asked when they get their new shipment in, and they said thursday. Now would that mean that things will be on the shelves thursday, or will I have to wait til friday?

3. Asterios

Asterios Well-Known Member

sale ends on the 17th. I believe.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    They'd be on shelves Thursday.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks for the heads up on this sale. I just picked up Sea.s.p.RAY (or however stupid way they spelled him) and Payload.

6. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Awesome, I'll be there bright and early on Thursday to go and try to find Drift!!

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reposted from the "Most Recent TF Purchase Thread" -Anguirus

Ok...

Here is my epic "TRU 1/2 off sale day" story.

So my girlfriend very graciously drives me to our usual TRU. Not expecting much, as its not great, but enough reports are rolling in to make me think that they may be stocking 2010 product. They are...but not anything I'm looking for! They have the 2010 Deluxes except Bumblebee, the new OP remold, and all the PCCs except Bombshock. Well, I'm on the prowl for Generations (so I can cancel them from my BBTS PoL), Legends Ravage, and Scout Hubcap. I'm also looking for a replacement for my busted-hand Bludgeon, but all they have is 2-pack "Bludgeon."

We decide that there must be other TRUs in the area (we've never really "hunted" before) so I bring up Google Maps on her iPhone...and it gets us HOPELESSLY lost. These directions were just maliciously wrong, and we head back in.

Back home, slightly peeved, and very frustrated by the continuing inability of local stores to stock Scouts or Legends, I hit up my online haunts and wind up getting Hubcap on HTS! I threw in Black Deluxe Scorponok and Universe Prowl, who were both there for good prices, and a 10% off code.

In the afternoon, though, we end up with time to kill and make another go of it. We use MAPQUEST this time and head to a nearby store...however, it's an ex-TRU. Then, we head over and find the one that Google Maps failed to find us. Turns out that Mapquest gave us bad directions to it as well...it's actually ludicrously easy to get to from our department! And it's clearly a better store!

They still have no 2010 Scouts, and no Legends period. To take advantage of the sale I get Smolder and BBBB. Neither were on my want list...but really, I'm enjoying them both quite immensely. Chopster will be WFC Prime's axe. Smolder I fiddled with for hours...if it weren't for the silly blue pegs he'd be quite fine, and I love his alt mode. BB BB...I'm angry with myself whenever I get another BB cause he's not my favorite character, but this figure is hawtness. Axe fight!

But THEN...I really didn't want to waste this half off business (of course now I log into the boards and it lasts till the 17th...meh) so I went to TRU.com, looked at what they had and finally, FINALLY bit on Leader RotF Prime (original) at $30 like I have been tempted to on and off for a damn long time. Then I got half off on the clearance-priced RotF Leader Megatron. I NEVER planned to own that mold...but at $15? Hell, I could resell it for that much or more.

So yeah. Gotta find some shelf space all of a sudden...

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok...

Here is my epic "TRU 1/2 off sale day" story.

So my girlfriend very graciously drives me to our usual TRU. Not expecting much, as its not great, but enough reports are rolling in to make me think that they may be stocking 2010 product. They are...but not anything I'm looking for! They have the 2010 Deluxes except Bumblebee, the new OP remold, and all the PCCs except Bombshock. Well, I'm on the prowl for Generations (so I can cancel them from my BBTS PoL), Legends Ravage, and Scout Hubcap. I'm also looking for a replacement for my busted-hand Bludgeon, but all they have is 2-pack "Bludgeon."

We decide that there must be other TRUs in the area (we've never really "hunted" before) so I bring up Google Maps on her iPhone...and it gets us HOPELESSLY lost. These directions were just maliciously wrong, and we head back in.

Back home, slightly peeved, and very frustrated by the continuing inability of local stores to stock Scouts or Legends, I hit up my online haunts and wind up getting Hubcap on HTS! I threw in Black Deluxe Scorponok and Universe Prowl, who were both there for good prices, and a 10% off code.

In the afternoon, though, we end up with time to kill and make another go of it. We use MAPQUEST this time and head to a nearby store...however, it's an ex-TRU. Then, we head over and find the one that Google Maps failed to find us. Turns out that Mapquest gave us bad directions to it as well...it's actually ludicrously easy to get to from our department! And it's clearly a better store!

They still have no 2010 Scouts, and no Legends period. To take advantage of the sale I get Smolder and BBBB. Neither were on my want list...but really, I'm enjoying them both quite immensely. Chopster will be WFC Prime's axe. Smolder I fiddled with for hours...if it weren't for the silly blue pegs he'd be quite fine, and I love his alt mode. BB BB...I'm angry with myself whenever I get another BB cause he's not my favorite character, but this figure is hawtness. Axe fight!

But THEN...I really didn't want to waste this half off business (of course now I log into the boards and it lasts till the 17th...meh) so I went to TRU.com, looked at what they had and finally, FINALLY bit on Leader RotF Prime (original) at $30 like I have been tempted to on and off for a damn long time. Then I got half off on the clearance-priced RotF Leader Megatron. I NEVER planned to own that mold...but at $15? Hell, I could resell it for that much or more.

So yeah. Gotta find some shelf space all of a sudden...